Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Please check out my order and make suggestions
bvc
Guests
March 1, 2012 - 2:49 am

I bought another heli for parts. I bought other parts as well but buying another heli covers everything and is cheaper in the long run. Get a few batteries and several of the black plastic piece at the top of the main shaft that the pins often break on.

CPD
Guests
March 1, 2012 - 12:09 am

Yeah, if you have to replace a lot of stuff because of being new at it, it can be a real pain. Just remember-the virtical tail decoration breaks off every heli, and is just that, decoration, and it's not neccesary. I tried everything from rounding off the back edge so it wouldn't catch in the carpet to gluing, and they're just not meant to be on these helis. As for the battery, just remember to let it cool 10 minutes or so (or more, just not a month) between charge and flight and flight and charge. That'll help (probably) with your battery issues.

The 4 sets of blades cheap thing's a good deal, but there's some out there that aren't 107 blades, but are printed to look like them, and the helis are very unstable with them. I whent from a FLAWLESS flight with 107 blades on my 102, and crashed 20 times or so with the fake blades the very next flight. The tell-tale sign is the edge is angled, not flat across.

jimbabwe
Guests
February 29, 2012 - 4:00 pm

I've had an S107 since Christmas, and got a second one a week later.  I fly one or both for at least one flight on most days.  While they are amazingly durable, the following are the parts I've broken and had to replace in the first 2 months: 4 rotor blades, 3 of the little black pieces at the top of the main shaft (what are those parts called, anyways), and the both pieces of the tail decorations on one of my birds.  I've also had to replace two batteries so far.  I've experienced both the agony of having to wait for spare parts to arrive, and the joy of having a replacement on hand when needed; you can't go wrong having an assortment of spare parts on hand!

Syma Freak
Admin
February 27, 2012 - 7:18 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes we are all nutters about our Syma 107 and other Syma helis here. The reason I concentrated this blog on the Syma and no other makes is that it keeps things simple and one realizes there is nothing but content on Syma helis I am pleased you enjoy the forum.We are always trying to get more mod ideas and video repairs that Supernova (Bernie) produces.Keep posting RB

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

RichardBronosky
Guests
February 27, 2012 - 10:39 am

Syma Freak said

Woo-slow down a bit-spending money on these birds are great- Start to think of the flying hours you have in the office with main rotors,are you hitting walls? When you fly alone at home less crashes as focused.Just trying to get your spending in relation to flying-I know as bought over a year ago bought every Syma I could get my hands on with a small amount of flying time.

The office Firebird isn't mine. I brought it home over the weekend to do a few repairs with my CA Glue. We have about 30 people playing with this Heli at work. All learning from scratch. We hit a lot of walls, a lot of desks, a lot of computers, and a few people. Oh, and a whole lot of floor, and a whole lot of ceiling then floor 😉

You fly a Firebird at present-yes? So buy no more than two Syma S107 helis- worry about parts after you have trashed one,that can be your spare part factory.Learn to fly one Syma at a time-you will crash them.then repairs are required- Always consider your spending costs in this hobby.I guess sound stupid your cash spend any way you want-however that is why I exist building this forum to advise the best I can and other great members-will be interesting to get their views!

Yeah, my wife agreed to that $60 was a fair budget to get started. I'm keeping it at that. I want to have 2 of these for 2 reasons. 1. not having to wait so long for charge times. 2. having a spare if needed.

I want to have a lot of rotors because my favorite thing to do with it at home is fly pylons around the posts on our bed or columns and pendant lights in the living room. I hit a lot of stuff.

Passion needs control-believe me.I also fly planes now have over 10- Guess what only two I love flying,hope my crazy advice makes sense?

The enhanced tail rotors is because I think I could have fun doing other kinds of flights if it wasn't so slow.

But, over all I think $60 for entry is a STEAL! I couldn't have gotten 1 Heli for that much just a few years ago. My old plane transmitter was double that much 20 years ago.

Thanks for the advice. I LOVE that there is a community focused on only the Syma S107. There are plenty of RC forums, even RC helicopter only forums. But, it's great that people can come hear and every thing they read applies. That's very cool.

D
Guests
February 27, 2012 - 4:35 am

Yeah buy a few in case you wind up with a blinking paperweight like mine. Maybe a working Syma is out there.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 26, 2012 - 10:17 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Woo-slow down a bit-spending money on these birds are great- Start to think of the flying hours you have in the office with main rotors,are you hitting walls? When you fly alone at home less crashes as focused.Just trying to get your spending in relation to flying-I know as bought over a year ago bought every Syma I could get my hands on with a small amount of flying time.

You fly a Firebird at present-yes? So buy no more than two Syma S107 helis- worry about parts after you have trashed one,that can be your spare part factory.Learn to fly one Syma at a time-you will crash them.then repairs are required- Always consider your spending costs in this hobby.I guess sound stupid your cash spend any way you want-however that is why I exist building this forum to advise the best I can and other great members-will be interesting to get their views!

Passion needs control-believe me.I also fly planes now have over 10- Guess what only two I love flying,hope my crazy advice makes sense?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

RichardBronosky
Guests
February 26, 2012 - 7:30 pm

I've gotten hooked on the S107 by playing with a borrowed Helizone Firebird at my office. I'm about to place an Amazon order for my first ever helicopter. I've done a lot of research and got it narrowed down so far from where I started that now I am questioning myself.

Here is what I've got it down to:
2x $20.40 http://amzn.com/B004A8ZRB0
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - Yellow
2x $06.00 http://amzn.com/B004Y4GTAS
4 Sets of Yellow Syma Replacement Rotor Blades for S107 (16 Blades in All) S107-02
1x $07.45 http://amzn.com/B000RK7KHE
Set of Four Replacement Tail Props (Qty 4) Fouror Mini Infrared Remote Control Electric Helicopter

Originally I planned to do a swappable battery mod, but the E-Flite batteries and charger are more expensive than 2 helicopters. Then I thought about buying 4 extra OEM PCBs and batteries and using the on board charging circuits to make my own. After adding a few spare parts kits I figured... Why spend 80% of the cost of a helicopter to get 25% of a helicopter when 20% more would get me a fully functional spare?

Most of the wear we're seeing on the helicopters we have around the office is showing on the main rotors. I figure having 32 spares is like my learner's permit.

The Firebird I've been using is extremely slow even for a beginner. Since the pitch of these picooz tail rotors is reversed, I plan to reverse the wiring to match.

Do you think I still need a spare parts kit? If so, which parts are most likely to sustain damage? The kits all include main rotors and a balance bar. But... Some include Tail Decorations. Another includes Connect Buckles and a Main Grip Set instead. Others include a Gear Set. Yet another includes all of that but is more than 50% of the cost that I am paying for the S107.

Please opine.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5