Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
OOPS
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
December 19, 2011 - 3:37 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

CPD said:

Thanks SF.

In my nature to help... kinda been doing it too long...

just got back from volunteering to help Santa with the Polar Express.

Man, is it cold up there at the North Pole!!!!!!!!

(although, they had a nice timing pun the one trip, because the part of the book where the cunductor says "That is the north Pole!" was right next to somebody's pool...

"NORTH POLE, NOT NORTH POOL!!!!!!!!!! (chuckle...)" Lol!)

You are ok Mate-we call buddy's Mates in Aussie-try flying the Syma in the North Pole-woooo

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Syma Freak
Admin
December 19, 2011 - 3:31 pm

If I said sometimes I have to pinch myself to realize I have a shitty blog set up but get such great people posting their life and joys of the Syma S107-I know I am not alone with my madness of flying the Syma helis or planes-let us keep cranking this blog-if you noticed changing main page-then understood if put up categories one can not post comments-bloody hell,spent 5 hours today working this out-do not care about the time,let me know if you think main page getting better!!!

Thanks guys-much appreciated!!

CPD
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 3:25 pm

Thanks SF.

In my nature to help... kinda been doing it too long...

just got back from volunteering to help Santa with the Polar Express.

Man, is it cold up there at the North Pole!!!!!!!!

(although, they had a nice timing pun the one trip, because the part of the book where the cunductor says "That is the north Pole!" was right next to somebody's pool...

"NORTH POLE, NOT NORTH POOL!!!!!!!!!! (chuckle...)" Lol!)

Syma Freak
Admin
December 19, 2011 - 3:18 pm

CPD you are as said before a machine,you have inner knowledge of life that will do you ok-more important is the fact people will read your honest posts-you help a lot of people with your honesty-good on you!!

CPD
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 3:14 pm

See, that's kinda my theory--- Beer/cigarette money=money I could use for more productive things, such as these or Lionel Trains. Back two years ago, my parents were out shoe shopping, complaining about them costing $50 US nowadays for garbage shoes. tehn, they had to fill up at the gas station, where the "absolute minimum state price" on a carton was $52.50. If my dad smoked as much as he used to, he'd be smoking two pairs of shoes a week!!! Then, years ago, when my grandfether was working, my grandparents bought new carpeting for the living room, and trust me, it's very fine carpet and still looks great today. They never smoked or drank, but this one couple who lived nearby, and were living off of the same Westinghouse Electric pay scale, couldn't afford it. They asked, "How were you able to buy that new carpet, when we are making the same ammount of money, but we can't?" Then, they thought about it, and brought up "Wait, you two don't smoke?" "right" "and don't drink?" "yep" "wow, never really realized we were waisting that much money! on it!" So, if my grandma starts talking about something big and they need money for it, well, they take it out of the beer money.

Not many kids my age get it, but I've only learned that from how bad we've been screwed over with it... (4 long and separate stories there...)

Syma Freak
Admin
December 19, 2011 - 2:43 pm

@Supernova The way I look at this hobby is this-used to love playing golf-however here in Aussie one can spend $90 for 18 holes.For $90 I can buy more Syma helis also planes I love from Hobbyking for a small amount of money that gives me pleasure to build them.mod them,repair them also-priority in life is important-to me now to spend $7 for a scotch in a pub as can buy a bottle for $28,I tend to think that could be a new soldering iron,I am sure you understand my view.

Priority of how we spend our hard earn't money is crucial -this hobby to me means if you are really into it be prepared to spend some small dollars for tools,and models-the Syma 107 is not really expensive and like me you will buy more and expand your army of them.

I get over a hundred emails a week from people with heli problems,All really simple problems to fix but start blaming the heli,when one digs deeper most have crashed it and regard the Syma 107 as a toy and a waste of money.Sure you can call it a toy,but as you know because you have repaired yours,they are far from a kids toy,chips,gyro,etc-

Guess going on a bit-just want people to understand for say $30 you get into this fantastic hobby where you meet new people and let me tell you people that fly planes.helis,are always open for a chat and to help you-just a marvelous clan of humans,just like dog lovers!!

So,glad to hear you are getting the concept of this hobby-you will move to bigger faster helis,and like me maybe planes-I really love getting people interested in this rc hobby-I was born with some muscles missing in my arms,so to me if I can fly a Syma S107 anyone can.

Again gone on a bit-but always look forward to your posts as always they are helpful to every one-Thank you -SFCoolWink

Supernova
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 4:28 am

Very good point SF, I have one here that I am using as a base and if I bust something else then, new bit required.

There will come a time when A new copter will be needed I am sure.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 17, 2011 - 2:25 pm

Always take care on the amount of spares one buys-reason saying that have found it better to keep the really bad crashed one,make a note what you feel was the problem,put it in a plastic bag with reference to what parts are good and keep as spares- buying a new one can be cheaper and then you have your old one for spares-just my advice to save some money-if you price all the spares for your Syma nearly works out at double the price to buy a new one-just like parts for a car,the money in cars is not selling them but service and spare parts.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 17, 2011 - 2:16 pm

Supernova said:

Any way back on topic, I have repaired my first copter and she works now so will get my other one sorted as soon as my overpriced bit turns up Laugh

Supernova,great to hear.I think it is crucial that anyone getting into this hobby must realize you have to learn how to repair your heli or plane.

That really can be part of the fun of it all.Every plane I have flown crashed it at some stage as the same with helis,the learning curve is huge.Takes a long time to learn say how to play Golf,the more practice the better one gets.

Just built a plane called the Reaktor bought from Hobbyking took 5 hours to build and 5 minutes to crash it,however fixed it with some foam glue,flew today,all good as the cgi(centre of gravity) was wrong,my fault-what am getting at is the more you repair your rc helis,planes,cars,the more you learn about this great hobby-well done SN

Supernova
Guests
December 14, 2011 - 4:17 am

Any way back on topic, I have repaired my first copter and she works now so will get my other one sorted as soon as my overpriced bit turns up Laugh

Supernova
Guests
December 14, 2011 - 4:15 am

$3.35 A gallon hmm we are £7.25 a gallon that is $11.31 CryCryCryCryCry

CPD
Guests
December 13, 2011 - 5:56 am

It's at about $3.35/gal here, but it costs different prices everywhere you go Costs about that much here, less toward pgh, and more the further east you go, except for it gets cheaper during election years in traditionally republican areas that look like they might go demacratic. Yeah, no price gouging based on location, is there?

Supernova
Guests
December 13, 2011 - 2:28 am

I know Frown everything in England is a ripoff, Born free, Tax to death.

Petrol is £1:45p For 1 litre. 2 pints.

CPD
Guests
December 12, 2011 - 5:53 am

Ok, maybe it's time to start looking for somebody to buy these wholesale from...

Maybe see if Syma themselves can sell you fifty of em' for the $5 they sell them for.

Supernova
Guests
December 11, 2011 - 11:43 pm

Now I have busted my new S107G  FrownCry

It crashed into an immovable object and busted of the 2 pins that hold the top rotor blades to the main inner shaft.

I have been very careful to glue the tiny plastic bits back on under a mag glass so hope they hold till get my new ones from ebay.

Item number: 110783049686

Embarassed

Supernova
Guests
December 10, 2011 - 9:25 am

Got my new S 107 G now  and it is 1000 times better than the crashed old one I think it was genuine but may an older model as the new one is much more refined and perfect control http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/3.gif the trim is stable the battery lasts longer all round better.

CoolCoolCoolLaughLaughLaugh

Syma Freak
Admin
December 9, 2011 - 10:04 am

My dog has attacked two of my helis by jumping up and grabbing in mid air,she really thinks she has done a great favor for me getting rid of a bird in the lounge room,totally wrecked them-I still love my dog,but she gets put outside when flying now,she also hates me flying planes,and growls when I am putting them in my car.Pets really do not like things flying around them

CPD
Guests
December 9, 2011 - 7:49 am

Wow, literal roflcopter!!!

That really sucks for you, cause now you have to clean it!

Just don't damage the coathanger!!! If that Heli ever goes in the closet, just kill it!!! Call in Mr. Snuggles or whatever the cat's name is to kill it until it is dead!!!

lol.

Supernova
Guests
December 9, 2011 - 7:00 am

Ha Ha the cat aint coming in now.

It hit the celling then crashed artex everywhere lol.

CPD
Guests
December 9, 2011 - 6:27 am

Wow, that really sucks.

You really put a lot of effort into that thing...

It's hillarious occasionally to watch people on youtube play with them and their cats... just have to keep the bird high enough that they don't hit the top or they can do some serious damage...

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5