Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
No led illuminating on heli - DOA?
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 4:37 am

could be a logrithmic increase... that'd be insane!

I was only rough guestimating, but if it takes the number of connectors, gears, extra motors, and servos that you'd think it would to get these things to have absolute full function, it would leave a large number of parts.

Whether true exponential growth, or figurative isn't really exact...

heck, it could be 2-9, 3-11, 4-14, 6-18, 8-24, 12-32.

drewdane
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 4:13 am

I can't speak for the number of parts, but I can say that isn't an exponential increase in the number of parts. Significant, yes. But not exponential.

CPD
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 2:10 am

The other thing with more moving parts is that they equal more things to break.

The S107g and its counterparts are very elegantly designed to have the fewest moving parts practical. Heck, fewest major components to make it fly possable! You can fly these things with real bullet holes in them! (well, if it's the right bullet in the exact right spot... the plastic nose, but anywhere other than the battery, and back of the metal frame part, with a .22 of course...)

The only things that affect the ability of these to fly are the motors, (2) tail motor, (1) gear sets, (4) main shafts, (2) blades, (5) motherboard, (1) battery, (1) and wires. So, excluding wires, you have 16 parts to be concerned about for flight, and 4 of them are the equivalent to changing the oil in your car, and 1 like the antifreeze. So, effectively 11 parts to be concerned about. Compair that to a 4 ch that probably has an additional, oh lets be kind, and call it 5. So, probably about 16 major parts on the 4ch.

The number of parts also is exponentialy growing with the number of channels- 2ch ones would have 9, then 11 on 3, then realistically 14 on a 4ch, then there's 6ch, so about 23, then 36 for an 8, and then you hit 12 with probably 74, going by the forumula.

And, does anybody know exactly how close my sipherin' is?

helipete
Guests
January 9, 2012 - 10:33 pm

Turns out it was DOA, dead battery.  Joel at minihelicopter.com.au provided  great customer service - fixed it, sent it back the same day with another S107G for parts and some batteries.  Not the cheapest around, but great to deal with.

Now waiting on a charge so I can play... Laugh

Syma Freak
Admin
December 30, 2011 - 10:48 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

helipete said:

Would you guys accept an F103 Fire Wolf as a replacement for an S107G?  They cost more, but are they really better?  Looks slightly more complicated/sophisticated, more moving parts.  I'll be learning, so bound to crash plenty - does that just equal more broken stuff and time waiting for parts?

The Firewolf is meant to be a 4 channel heli, but really just drifts,if you want to up your flying to a proper 4 channel go with Nine Eagle helis all 4 channel helis are much harder to fly,so be prepared for crashes and repairs,however that is the next move up in this hobby

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Supernova
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 1:18 am

There is always a danger of breaking things, by all means buy what ever you like but the main thing is, start off slowly with the flying learning curve.

Just had a look at it on youtube and seems like the motors give a lot of power so be careful with the throttle and,  --- take off slowly. 

helipete
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 12:08 am

Would you guys accept an F103 Fire Wolf as a replacement for an S107G?  They cost more, but are they really better?  Looks slightly more complicated/sophisticated, more moving parts.  I'll be learning, so bound to crash plenty - does that just equal more broken stuff and time waiting for parts?

Supernova
Guests
December 29, 2011 - 2:38 am

Just a note,

I have 6 chargers and they have different light info,

one charges but the light only comes on when charged, no idea why, but when charging anyway I use the timer on my phone and set it to go off after 40 mins, it seems to work. 

CPD
Guests
December 28, 2011 - 11:37 am

Look inside to see if any wires are not connected.

Could easilly have a broken connection somewhere that'd be easy to fix, or could just be a blown-out DOA.

If it turns out to really be DOA, get them to give you a new one- don't flat out return it, you'll end up loving the new, working one.

helipete
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 6:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion re. charging from the remote.  I have tried it, the remote light turns red for a few seconds, then green again, which if I understand correctly means the heli is fully charged.

Anything else to try before I send it back and find something esle to do on my holidays!?

Syma Freak
Admin
December 27, 2011 - 3:09 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

not saying this is the problem but some usb leads have been faulty-have you tried charging by remote?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

helipete
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 2:55 pm

Thanks.  That is very disappointing!  Re. charging the heli, I've charged by USB, and the light on the charger cable is glowing just about as bright when the heli is plugged in as when it's not - that's all I have to do, right?

Wingnut79
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 1:20 pm

If you've charged the heli and not getting the LED to flash when you turn it on, that's definitely DOA. 

helipete
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 12:52 pm

Santa brought me and S107G, which I've duly charged, and just tried to fly.  Sadly nothing is happening!  Frown I turn the remote on, get a green (solid) power LED.  I turn the heli on and get nothing - the LED at the front of the heli does not illuminate at all.  Is it DOA or is there something I'm missing?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2