Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New Upgrades And Reviews
All in the wings, as Syma is now entering fast into different helis and Quads
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
July 3, 2015 - 7:54 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi MikeK,

You are correct the world of RC is moving fast- As started this blog, gosh 4 years ago looking to a easy fly a helicopter at home, hence the Syma 107, which I must add is a great starting point in this hobby for say $20

Then Syma brings out some quads again they keep to a cheap price, I mean the X5C is still one of my fun quads to fly, cheap nearly indestructible and teaches one to fly a quad, no gps, still at evening fly this bird around my garden and over fields etc,

As regards the X8C Quad from Syma still cheap, only flown a friends one have not got one yet.Great to fly, looks like my Phantom, but I see a problem with extra weight as it has brushed motors and feel they will burn out with to much load.Review soon.

Now considering got the first DJI Phantom put FPV on it, think the cost went over a $1000, now one can buy a drone racer with fpv for under $300, sure no gps, but racing why would you need it.

All comes down to costs, also laws changing where and how you can fly quads of this caliber-- soon you will see Syma branch out like Walkera but their market is still great to see a young guy fly a heli at home and I still believe they are great helis and Syma will create better battery time.

As for the X8C await my review, must admit enjoyed flying it.

Walkera 250 Runner

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MikeK
Members
July 2, 2015 - 3:26 pm
Forum Posts: 178

Looking forward to your x8c review.  

While I've moved on from the 107 and S26 (Chinook) and am presently getting used to the 4-channel x5c (which is an excellent quad) my next step probably will be the x8c.  There is a YouTube video by some fellow who has substituted the stock x8c camera with a gimbel and camera that looks and functions like a GoPro.  The camera is a Dazzne P2 and it costs less then $100(US).  It adds up to a relatively sophisticated little rig for less than $250.  

This technology is moving forward so rapidly I really shouldn't be predicting what my next step will be.  New quads are popping up almost every day.

Syma Freak
Admin
July 1, 2015 - 10:29 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

Hi all,

Our Syma site has been around for some years now, and with so much help from you all on the forum has made it what it is.

A blog-{site} to help each other start with a neat Syma 107 to have fun and expand this hobby.

So I am buying more Syma helis and quads to review like the Syma X8C

Stay posted. Now semi retired have more time to build our blog on Syma and also

other ground breaking walk into FPV. Awaiting my X8C and hope to be able to

test FPV etc, all will be fun.

Again thank you all for your input to this blog!!

SF

double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32