Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New SYMA S107C Camera Great
CPD
Guests
May 22, 2012 - 2:42 am

If you want black frames, you can get carbon fibre frames, paint them, or the easiest thing is to use a chissel tip permanent marker. (what I did on my speedy s107) Kinda gets wore off after some crashes and doesn't look as good as paint, but it's quick and easy.

bvc
Guests
May 20, 2012 - 3:38 pm

I sure would like to find the black main frames. Cool

Raptor
Guests
May 9, 2012 - 3:16 am

Now THIS is what I hoped the S107C would do 🙂

!

Edit: Just found a cheap, low voltage, light weight camera that might work. If anyone's interested it can be found on Deal Extreme

Troop-107G
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 12:37 pm

CPD said
And the calf-skin rug! Love it with the Rawhide theme! LOL!

How much less battery life does it get than the 107G?

CPD thanks for the LOL, I've cut-up a few paper sheep playing like this..haha.

The flying time has been around 6.30mins, to no lift and another 1min propwashing on floor. Same flying times with cam on and cam off, so the cam must have a battery inside, the box says "included Camera - USB Charging".

I'm still a bit confused about how the cam is charged and i'm not going to pull the cam apart, well not till it's broken anyway.. There is nothing in the little "HELICOPTER USING INSTRUCTIONS" <- (now thats funny) book about the operation of the cam.. I'm just waiting for another light to show up somewhere if the cam goes flat (scratching head)

P.S Flying the s107c without the cam is totally MAD stuff, and trips to the ceiling are quick too.. oh yeah..!

Raptor
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 7:46 am

Oh, sorry I got the wrong end of the sick there Frown and sorry for unwittingly hijacking a thread.

Yeah, flying a larger helicopter with a camera suspended below it is pretty awesome, I made a makeshift one whilst at uni to take some aerial photographs of some projects. Shame the chopper i used was a 6 year old cheapo 2ch double horse one.

(However >this< may work for the wireless camera, transmitter, and receiver in one kit, but may need a bit of slimming down.)

p.s. WOW that 9101 looks awesome, I will have to start saving up for one of those next Wink

Hi Raggy41

You can pre-order them at RC fever for £24.36, in 3 colors >black< >white< or >red<, they should have them in stock on the 14th May.

Hope this helps.

raggy41
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 5:58 am

Hi, Newbie here.

Does anyone know when the S107C will be available in the UK, I have searched but can't find it anywhere.

Many Thanks

Nigel

CPD
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 5:20 am

I don't know of anywhere with something like that, I was just thinking that if you were going to do fp flying that an outdoor heli'd be the better way to go and you can actually get kinda cool and somewhat usefull video, unlike just flying in your house.

Raptor
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 3:34 am

I was actually discussing adding a wireless camera to the S107 with one of my friends last week, after i got him a S107 for his birthday. (He was chuffed to bits with itSmile) and we ended up flying 2 of them around a buss station, with quite a few spectators.

Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked.

The problem that we came into wasn't only finding a lightweight wireless camera, but also finding a suitable power source, as most of the cheap wireless cameras that I've come across need bout 9v to power them.

However that's not to say its not possible to make a lightweight low voltage POV camera, I have managed to source a suitable camera that runs on 2.5v, and is extremely lightweight. (The MO-B803)

>manufacturer<

And a 2.4ghz 2.4V-3V transmitter >here< shame about the $240 price tag though Cry

If anyone can find a cheap lightweight 2.4-3v transmitter capable with carrying video, then there could be quite a potential to have a POV camera mod for the S107 Cool

CPD
Guests
May 5, 2012 - 1:23 am

Too bad they don't have an s033C. That would be really great!

wait, raptor, that give me an idea--the Double Horse 9101 (I think that's the outdoor one everybody seems to like) is a good outdoor one that can handle a fairly good sized camera as long as you mod the tail rotor to make it move faster than a flying snail. That one would be worth it to get a closed channel remote-transmitting camera like the ones used for flat-car mounted train cameras, then just sit there in fromt of a small TV or laptop screen while using the remote to transmit to the heli.

(I mean a camera like one of these--they transmit to a reciever that shows the images irt on a tv screen or laptop)

feature=related

Troop-107G
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 8:14 pm

Raptor said
Hopefully the mod i'm currently working on will resolve that issue Wink

Yeh, man I read your post with what your doing, WoW it's great good job. Hurry, hurry can't wait, you should be employed by SYMA.

Cheers Really.

Raptor
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 8:06 pm

Troop-107G said

The first person POV that would be great, I'd love to fly around the house FPV from chair but I don't think the infrared will handle going around corners just yet.

Hopefully the mod i'm currently working on will resolve that issue Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
May 4, 2012 - 4:25 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have got the 107C last week -review soon-has a few camera problems but working through that-watch the sd card you buy-more on review due shortly- Disaster my Grandson decided to have a bath with it..Waiting another from Lightake

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Troop-107G
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 10:17 am

Raptor said
 (is that a 4ch transmitter?)

No mate, it's still a 3 channel system layout like the 107g but the buttons for pic/vid on top. The tail trimmer is in a better spot on the controller, you can use your right index finger to adjust on the fly without taking thumb off the stick, much easier and cool. 

I with you, on the first person POV that would be great, I'd love to fly around the house FPV from chair but I don't think the infrared will handle going around corners just yet.

oh, well ! a future plan for SYMA to work on I hope.

Raptor
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 6:41 am

Wow, nice review, and another awesome helicopter from Syma. (is that a 4ch transmitter?)

When you first said that it had a video camera, I hoped it would be a wireless one, but its still a step in the right direction to have a video recorder.

I would love to try and fly one of these from a first person POV, I wonder if it could be modded to stream the video Wink

CPD
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 1:55 am

And the calf-skin rug! Love it with the Rawhide theme! LOL!

How much less battery life does it get than the 107G?

Supernova
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 12:23 am

And another Guitar in the back ground !!! Nice review and video.

Troop-107G
Guests
May 3, 2012 - 9:06 pm

Hi Guys, I've been busy but I've kept my eyes on new heli products and this new s107c is great.

WoW, the SYMA S107C is here and it does what the "G" does, but with a Cam and man what a cam. You can spin the heli and no frame cutting happens, the vid quality is great. Needs more than 15watt mercury house bulbs to get the best out of the cam, otherwise the colour washes out.

Flying the "C" is same as 107g until you get close to things, the pull-in to the area is way more severe. The "C" also gets fast when pushed forward more than the 107g's. "I might still be getting used to the different stick controls, but it moves more harder than the "G", probably to it's shorter Blades..?"

I got a thing with music again, hope you will like. 

The End of vid is good rounding up sheep paper. Another Great Model..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....sqHCJzyR_g

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5