Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New s107's?
Tags: Syma X9
jbrumberg
Guests
March 12, 2013 - 10:47 pm

"I call them "carpet hooks."

A good description.  I quess one could file down those pointy ends on the verticle "stabilizer" fin to a more rounded configuration, but they (those decorative V & H fins really are not necessary functionally).  I am not so sure about the need for those boom struts either (at least for the S107's).

With the new "old" G Tx I have a better "feel".  With the removal of those inner plates on the N and with those bigger motors and rotor blades; the N does seem a little faster in both forward and reverse flight and much quicker in stick responsiveness.  The N's new rear rotor/motor match is an improvement over the G's set up.

CPD
Guests
March 12, 2013 - 3:36 am

jbrumberg said
The older G Tx's with the throttle spring will apparently bind with the S107N's cool.  I do not know what explains the differences in the Tx's differing ability to bind.   

The older transmitters were actually, genuinly, 3 frequency transmitters. I take it that they went back and used the frequencies from the older transmitters for the new ones then.

As for how they're slower, this is really surprising to me. I would have thought they'd be a LOT faster, but apparently not. Still would like to see a G with an N tail motor/boom.

If it's weight that's an issue, I'd remove the tail decoration first. Heck, remove that on ALL your helis. --There's a reason why I call them "carpet hooks" and "heli crashers."

jbrumberg
Guests
March 12, 2013 - 12:31 am

The older G Tx's with the throttle spring will apparently bind with the S107N's cool.  I do not know what explains the differences in the Tx's differing ability to bind.   

jbrumberg
Guests
March 11, 2013 - 11:30 pm

I modified one of the N's by removing the inner plates and the associated hardware. That shaved off 1.9 grams of excessive weight smile, and does not appear to affect structural integrity/strength and the outer plate still provides the structure and gear protection. This did improve the "FFF", but it became a little more sensitive to stick input and going fast verticle surprised. Balance seems "~OK".  My G and N Tx's are not compatible with each other frown.  I really need to work on my N's Tx dumb thumbs confused, but I am not practicing ceiling strikes anymore wink.  The N's charge off my USB hub charger in approximately 45 minutes (faster than my G's approximate 55 minutes)

Syma Freak
Admin
March 11, 2013 - 6:13 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

jbrumberg said
Each of the S107N's is now at 12 minutes of operational flight time.  Both continue to throttle up/lift off extremely quickly (two ceiling hits so far frown) initially then stabilize  after a second or two.  They seem slower than the G's (the N's are 2 grams heavier).  This is still a break in period, but when the batteries start to run flight performance falls off real quickly.    I am becoming more ambilvalent about the Tx "sticks" the more I use them as compared to the G Tx sticks.  There appears to be less responsiveness/feedback from the N's Rx sticks.  I can not find the right finger positions at this point.  On the second two flights I did have to adjust trim.  One can not use the N Tx on the G.  I really have no complaints. 

That's it so far.

I have not got the 107N yet,but to me has the S800G gears,but not the drifting feature..would I buy one,maybe..guess have to buy one to review,no good me saying things without flying one..interested in your views jbrumberg ssig_goodjob2

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

jbrumberg
Guests
March 11, 2013 - 3:59 am

Each of the S107N's is now at 12 minutes of operational flight time.  Both continue to throttle up/lift off extremely quickly (two ceiling hits so far frown) initially then stabilize  after a second or two.  They seem slower than the G's (the N's are 2 grams heavier).  This is still a break in period, but when the batteries start to run flight performance falls off real quickly.    I am becoming more ambilvalent about the Tx "sticks" the more I use them as compared to the G Tx sticks.  There appears to be less responsiveness/feedback from the N's Rx sticks.  I can not find the right finger positions at this point.  On the second two flights I did have to adjust trim.  One can not use the N Tx on the G.  I really have no complaints. 

That's it so far.

jbrumberg
Guests
March 10, 2013 - 4:33 am
I received my 2 S107N's today. Packaging/(really decent repackaging) by BG was a little beat up from the shipping, but the contents were undamaged. Both have been charged, rested, and have had their first maiden 3 minute flights w/o incident (all right I did have one less than effective interaction with a ceiling light/fan fixture, but no damage). As they are new and really have not been broken in yet it would be unfair to compare my N's to my G's as to performance differences today. First impressions: quieter, more stable flight, possibly slower. The Tx and control sticks are really not that uncomfortable. I did not have to adjust the rudder trim, but it is apparantly able to return to default setting by simultaneously pressing the trim R & L buttons simultaneously. So far no complaints

jbrumberg
Guests
March 7, 2013 - 5:29 am

I am also very curious about the S107N.  I am awaiting a "shipped" order very soon (hopefully).

SAF_Dogface
Guests
March 4, 2013 - 6:39 am

Does anyone know the release date on the syma s107-H 2.4GHz heli. The curcit board looks like it’s the same size as the s107G. I found picks on the heli but can’t find it available for order.  I need the CB to use on this hand made 3ch carbon fiber heli.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/SAF-Dogface/2012-10-20122004.jpgImage Enlarger

zedorda
Guests
January 23, 2013 - 10:54 am

Who knows maybe we will be graced with interchangeable parts between the v911 and the F3. Given it won't be all but maybe some of the wear parts.

CPD
Guests
January 23, 2013 - 2:52 am

Symaniac said
That F3 looks like the V911 copter I just ordered from Ebay except for the boxy battery pack.

That's an interesting thought. I wonder if they're saying "two can play that game" and looking at what other companies are doing that is successful, and are basing their designes off of those. Makes sense, and would work out, especially considering the lack of China's pattent laws.

Symaniac
Guests
January 22, 2013 - 6:06 pm

That F3 looks like the V911 copter I just ordered from Ebay except for the boxy battery pack.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 14, 2013 - 6:20 pm

zedorda said
Of all the craft in there the only one actually listed on symetoystore.com is the F3 with a price($41.33) already as coming soon so I believe it will be the first one to become available from the new 2013 line up. I already have one in my cart just waiting for it to come in stock.

http://www.symatoystore.com/Sy.....er_name=f3

Just a point symatoystore is not the Syma company-better to look direct Here no reflection on your post Zedorda far from it-you give fantastic advice.

http://www.symatoys.com/

zedorda
Guests
January 14, 2013 - 7:09 am

Not sure I would put it with the mediums yet. With the S107g at 22cm and the F3 at 25cm and the S032G starts at 37cm. I believe without the S107G next to it it would be thought the same size.

CPD
Guests
January 14, 2013 - 5:21 am

Wow, that's not bad at all. I want to say the DH that's like that is something like $50, so for $41 on their site, which would be something like $30-40 on amazon, that's pretty cheap, and it's a 4ch, not a 3 ch!

The only thing is, you never know with the medium size symas, some are great, some have problems. I have a feeling that it'll be a good heli, though. Looks to be solid. It's not too big, so it migt have some prroblems like the smaller outdoor helis, (not being stable against wind, no being able to fight the wind, etc.) but it does look like one for me to consider. The only problem I can see is the replacement blades looked like it was just a solid set of blades, not two individual blades, but that might just be a picture.

Wow, I just took another look at the 107N, and look at the size of the tail motor! That sucker's HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!! I think the tail motor is larger than the main motors!!!

zedorda
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 7:43 pm

Of all the craft in there the only one actually listed on symetoystore.com is the F3 with a price($41.33) already as coming soon so I believe it will be the first one to become available from the new 2013 line up. I already have one in my cart just waiting for it to come in stock.

http://www.symatoystore.com/Sy.....er_name=f3

Syma Freak
Admin
January 13, 2013 - 6:24 pm

Interesting post CPD-Was thinking if you guys got together to explain say what you want from Syma, like remote, battery changes, I will contact them-feel we have a small punch here as got over 30,000 views on the site over the Christmas period--sure they have to listen to old Syma flyers like us-however maybe not,one never knows unless we contact them-give me your views!!

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 4:24 pm

Slow down a little bit here, guys! Something I learned from last year when they were posting all kinds of new helis on the site is that there's going to be a number of them cut or pushed back. The s119g didn't become avalable in the US for a LONG time, (and is still VERY expensive, last I checked a few months back, it's the same as tickets to go see the Black Keys) the 301g is now in the products section again, but it was there last year at this time, so it must've been pushed back a year, and the 800g didn't come out for a long time except for a few places in Mylasia and Indonesia selling them for $88.90 US. Now, as we all know, it's avalable from amazon for $21.00, so you have to feel bad for people who bought the early ones for the insane prices they were going for.

Now, that said, looking at the catalouge, (if I can ever get it to load...) well, thanks adobe, it's not loading for me. I'll have to look at it tomorrow or something. :/ All I can get is where they say their mission is, and I quote, "Techologicalinnovation and people first."

Never knew "technological innovation" was one long word before. ;)

Oh, wait, there she goes, it finally loaded. Wow, starting right off with a larger, new quad, the x3. Hope that goes over as well as the x1, if they produce it. The f3 looks to be one of those things where they've heard what we've had to say, and built it. Single-rotor, mode-selectable, 4ch outdoor heli. Single-rotor helis are the best for outdoors, at least acording to SF, and (almost) everybody's been wanting mode selection on their 4ch helis after the s800g.

And with that, the 15 mb file froze up again.

Ok, got it to work again. The s107H looks to be the same, just with a new remote style. Not sure how well that'll work, but they seem to be getting rid of the 800g/107C remote, and swapping in this one for everything. The N model looks to be striped up for racing, with the checkered-flag markings, so maybe they decided to make a faster version, using the 800g tooling, but with it being 3ch. My question is, with the 800g being the same price as the regular 107g, and this 107N (maybe for Nitro?) being a stripped down, 3 ch version of the 800g, why in the world would you buy it when you can just buy an 800g, have the extra channel and better controls? I just don't get that at ALL. The N also seems to be slightly bigger, (4cm wide, not 3.8, etc.) and at the same time, it looks like they might be pushing the s110 also, since they show it with the 800/107c remote. (although that might be clearing out that style of remotes for the new one.

That's as far as I could get with it, but something else I've noticed is that all of the styling on the new ones is VERY 1990's-early 2000's. Very reminiscent of when I was a kid, walking into the local pet and hobby shop, past all of the brightly colored planes and helicopters, wishing I had the kind of money it took to have one of them. Now, they have that same style of flashey cheesey late-90's, early 2000's flames and Z-patterns in the same bright colors from back then. I find it cool, but I also don't like how they're going backward on a lot of things. The new remotes also look too-toylike. The old s107 remotes look like a "real" rc heli remote, while the new ones look like the airhogs and other toy-grade heli remotes. I guess it's to compete with airhogs, which we all know, contrary to what syma says on their website, is the largest seller of rc helicopters in this price and size range.

That all said, the s107N might be a good thing to look into, whether or not it's produced, and what exactly izit? I have a feeling it has something built into it where it's meant to be faster, but we'll have to see. I still think that I'm going to stick to my guns and not get any new helis for a while other than s800g's, and even then probably none for at least 6 months. The f3 looks to be a good consideration for the outdoor and larger indoor range, but we'll see how that goes.

For now, I need to save up some money--there's a concert I might try to get some friends together and go see. ;)

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
January 13, 2013 - 1:25 pm
Forum Posts: 264

Go F3!!!! I was thinking about the WJ-V911 

as my next learning step and a good outdoor 

starter, but after seeing the Syma F3, I'll 

wait it out! Thanks for the post!

zedorda
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 3:52 am

There is one thing I can tell that is different on the S107N is the gearing. If you look close at the side panels the gearing looks like the S800G with 2 larger gears unlike the S107G with like 4 smaller gears. The canopy also seems to slide on the 2 pins instead of using screws. I am looking at the F3 as my next Syma. It is 2.4GHz, 4ch, mode selectable, removable battery, and high/low mode freaking awesomeness. happydance

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2