Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New 107. Have a couple of questions
Tags: Syma X9
sprinter
Guests
August 6, 2012 - 2:28 am

bvc said

sprinter said

1.  I believe it is working as it is supposed to, but it has just a bit of forward drift with the controls in neutral positions.  Just slight, but consistent.  Is there any way to trim that out either on the helicopter or controller?

You can usually move the battery (and possibly excess wires) back a little. Just enough to take out the forward drift.

That sounds good.  Thanks.

I've never RC'd anything before.  I'm amazed this poor thing still flies.  I think it will be a while before I try anything else.  I am getting better at it, but the problem is, as I get better, I also get more daring which still leads to accidents... I suppose that's all normal.

bvc
Guests
August 6, 2012 - 12:26 am

sprinter said

1.  I believe it is working as it is supposed to, but it has just a bit of forward drift with the controls in neutral positions.  Just slight, but consistent.  Is there any way to trim that out either on the helicopter or controller?

You can usually move the battery (and possibly excess wires) back a little. Just enough to take out the forward drift.

sprinter
Guests
August 3, 2012 - 3:30 pm

wannabe_pilot said
hey sprinter,

there is a small circuit board soldered to the end of the battery...this is what tells the charger to stop charging once the battery is full

check out the wl v911...its a 4ch heli but its great for indoor/outdoors since its 2.4ghz

Yeah, 4 ch is what I had in mind.  I know it's more challenging and I'll have to be a lot more careful and skillful with it, but that's what I'd like eventually.  I'll look at that one too.  Thanks.

wannabe_pilot
Guests
August 3, 2012 - 3:15 pm

hey sprinter,

there is a small circuit board soldered to the end of the battery...this is what tells the charger to stop charging once the battery is full

check out the wl v911...its a 4ch heli but its great for indoor/outdoors since its 2.4ghz

sprinter
Guests
August 3, 2012 - 3:09 pm

Thanks for the reply.  I imagine any air currents are going to push these little guys around too.  It's really not that bad but I'm always looking to tweak stuff.

One other question:  Does the charger shut off the current to the battery when the led comes back on (USB method)?  Hopefully, it doesn't have to be tended to avoid overcharging.

And I'll start looking into that Double Horse.  Actually, I did take my 107 outside yesterday evening (I live for danger) and it wasn't as bad as I thought. It was much more controllable than I thought it would be.  It was pretty calm but not dead calm.  Fortunately I have a pretty large yard.  Now I know the real reason for the led's - so you can find it oudside!Laugh

CPD
Guests
August 3, 2012 - 12:18 pm

Don't worry, all of this is perfectly normal to some extent. They tend to drift around before you get them perfectly tuned in, (then a flight later, they're starting to get old and worn out and out of tune--lol) and they tend to sometimes change the ammount of trim they need slightly as the battery dies during flight. All depends on the individual heli.

As per flying outdoors, you're best off looking at buying a Double Horse 9101 or whatever the number is for the coaxial outdoor heli, then making a few mods to make it absolutly perfect.

sprinter
Guests
August 3, 2012 - 8:59 am

Hi.  About a week ago, I saw something about model helicopters that were easy to fly and inexpensive (I think it was an ad for AirHogg).  Since my birthday was coming up and I needed a little fun thing like that, I decided to try one.  I determined that, for me, the 107 would be the best bet at least to start with because it seems to be the most popular and well supported.  So, I just got my red 107g a couple of days ago and despite a few arguments with lamp shades, the ceiling and a doorway, it is still flying and I have even learned to keep it out of reach of the dog who is fascinated by the thing. 

I've had a lot of fun with it so far (a whole two days) and have a couple of general questions.

2.  I am able to trim the rudder for no spin, but I find I have to keep trimming it after a couple of minutes.  Again, this is just slight, but I'm wondering if that is normal for this?

Understand that these are subtle things I'm happy with it as is but just wondering if I can correct those little things.  It's a pretty amazing machine.  I had no idea these existed and I'll probably go on and look for something more later on.  I would love to end up with something I can fly around outside with RF control and some resistance to slight breeze. 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2