Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Need help with S107G
Tags: Syma X9
Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 8:25 am

I hope that fixes it up.  Dennis

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 3:00 am

Good job Freeonthree, I was going to say it's either a stripped gear, or a slipped gear. A slipped gear makes that sound too, but two gears aren't touching, and if they are touch, it's just the very tip of the corner, which causes that screeching.

God bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

MTehrani
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 1:46 am

Thank you for your information. I have ordered new gears and I'll get them installed to see if that will help. The connection to the motor seems to be fine, but once I get the new gears, I'll check them again. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Freeonthree
Guests
January 28, 2012 - 4:37 pm

Screeching sounds like the gears are stripped, and would make the blades go slower. Look closely at the teeth, and make sure the tips of the teeth are sharp yet slightly rounded, not flat, meaning their stripped.

If the gears are fine, and nothing is bound up, look for a bad connection at one or more of the heavier wires feeding the motors. Ever hear a cars starter whine with a high pitched tone when the battery power is low, and cant turn the engine ?

These little motors can do that too. Is the sound electronic, or mechanical, slippage of nylon gears ?   Dennis

PS: can you email me a video with sound to freeonthree@snowcrest.net 

I think 15 to 30 seconds should work by email ok...   

MTehrani
Guests
January 28, 2012 - 6:01 am

Team S107,

My Syma S107G has stop lifting off the ground. I have replaced the battery, both motors and the shaft. The motors are running with a lower RPM and screeching sound. The Heli just does not have enough power to get off the ground.

Has anybody else seen this issue? If yes, How did you fix it?

Thanks,

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5