Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Load capacity
Tags: Syma X9
zedorda
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 8:25 pm

After some testing crude as it was. I found that 8-10g was flyable but sluggish, 4-5g was fine if placed right, with 16g the max while still being able to control it reasonably. My battery mod end up only adding 4g to total weight and increased max load to 19g.

zedorda
Guests
December 7, 2012 - 11:50 am

I am not looking to really carry stuff just want to know what the thresholds are when considering mods. I am looking to add a larger battery and making it swappable along with shaving off what I can without making it too fragile.

Supernova
Guests
December 7, 2012 - 7:45 am

I found that the keychain cam is only usable if you remove most of the parts, but as CPD says, and rightly so ! it is then a S107c.

A Chinook is a good option but the S301G is awesome for lifting.

CPD
Guests
December 7, 2012 - 4:12 am

Well, I tried a LOT to get these things to lift any sort of weight, and the best I can say is they can lift a keychain camera, but only if you take the battery out of it and wire it into the heli. (by which point you should have a s107c now anyway) That would be just a handful of grams, and I wouldn't really try it that much. I know somebody said they could only get it to lift a pen in some review somewhere, but I've tested it, and they must have had $100 pens... I could get it to lift 3 or 4 Bic pens.

That all said, that isn't a whole lot, and if you did try to lift anything, it would be hard on the heli. If you want one to lift stuff, go for one of the medium/large Chinooks, since that's what they're designed for. If I had the money to burn on stupid stuff, I wouldn't mind taking a larger chinook, cutting out as much of the body as posable, leaving just thin framework to glue very thin polystyrene to fill in the gap, and rig up some lifting rig for it.

zedorda
Guests
December 6, 2012 - 4:01 pm

Has anyone tested the load capacity of the s107g? I have been wondering what a 34g helicopter would be able to carry without hindering the handling too severely? 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2