Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Linking same remote to new S107
CPD
Guests
June 28, 2012 - 11:26 pm

I don't think they're the same frequencies, but I don't know for sure. Best way is to find out!

Peter Wauben
Guests
June 27, 2012 - 7:43 am

I have three S107G with the red PCB, 2 i bought here on a market in Beverwijk (bazaar)the other ones comes from ebay: tomtop-uk.

Tommorow i get the fourt S107G and think it also one with a red PCB on board (also tomtop-uk).

Al transmitters have 2 channels chn.A and chn.B.

Does the green PCB have the same frequensie as the red PCB???

CPD
Guests
April 22, 2012 - 8:50 am

No prob. That's what this forum's here for. Any future problems, just fire away.

JeepHed
Guests
April 22, 2012 - 8:04 am

CPD said

Alright, well with that one, I have no idea. My guess is that it's either a 3f, being that they could fly 3 at the same time and it says C on the iphone. The problem is that it's not actually Syma--it's one of the rebrands, and I don't know if that particular version uses syma remotes or the other company that makes similar helis's remotes. (Yiboo makes ones like symas, but with a different controller and they're a lot more expensive.)

I just looked at their homepage for the store, and they have about one that shoots missiles. It's an apache or cobra, but looks different than s109 and s108, and the only syma that shoots missiles will be the s102s whenever it comes out.

I'm guessing it's a Yiboo, and as such, syma remotes will probably not work.

You could go through replacing the motherboard, getting a remote, and finding out that the mb and remote aren't able to to work together, or for like 5 bucks more, just buy a regular s107g, and just use the other one for showing off. That's going to be the cheapest efficient option.

Thanks, that's probably what I'll do. Thanks for all the help and for all the info.

CPD
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 11:35 pm

Alright, well with that one, I have no idea. My guess is that it's either a 3f, being that they could fly 3 at the same time and it says C on the iphone. The problem is that it's not actually Syma--it's one of the rebrands, and I don't know if that particular version uses syma remotes or the other company that makes similar helis's remotes. (Yiboo makes ones like symas, but with a different controller and they're a lot more expensive.)

I just looked at their homepage for the store, and they have about one that shoots missiles. It's an apache or cobra, but looks different than s109 and s108, and the only syma that shoots missiles will be the s102s whenever it comes out.

I'm guessing it's a Yiboo, and as such, syma remotes will probably not work.

You could go through replacing the motherboard, getting a remote, and finding out that the mb and remote aren't able to to work together, or for like 5 bucks more, just buy a regular s107g, and just use the other one for showing off. That's going to be the cheapest efficient option.

JeepHed
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 10:57 am

CPD said

Just looked it up on google images, and it's 2f.

http://blog.rc-fever.com/2011/.....and-s111g/

Look at the pic with the iphone with it on, and the switch is on there and it has A/B.

Look up on ebay syma s102g, s109g, s111g, and any other millitary heli syma makes-they have 2f remotes. (at least my s102 does) Find one for repair with good remote that you can close enough see 2 markings instead of 3 on the top controller thing. Otherwise, go on amazon and buy a s102g or whichever fits your fancy best.

In fact, here's two doa ones that even have a video! I'm guessing without watching it really that they just need batteries replaced, and you have 3 helis and the remotes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-2.....256f90096c

This is the one I have:
http://www.griffintechnology.c.....helicopter
Is that a 2f too?
Thanks for all the info.

CPD
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 9:28 am

Just looked it up on google images, and it's 2f.

http://blog.rc-fever.com/2011/.....and-s111g/

Look at the pic with the iphone with it on, and the switch is on there and it has A/B.

Look up on ebay syma s102g, s109g, s111g, and any other millitary heli syma makes-they have 2f remotes. (at least my s102 does) Find one for repair with good remote that you can close enough see 2 markings instead of 3 on the top controller thing. Otherwise, go on amazon and buy a s102g or whichever fits your fancy best.

In fact, here's two doa ones that even have a video! I'm guessing without watching it really that they just need batteries replaced, and you have 3 helis and the remotes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-2.....256f90096c

JeepHed
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 2:39 am

CPD said

you just have to look at the reciever--it'll have a switch saying A B or A B C. (reciever's the thing that plugs into the iphone--technically, reciever's the thing that recieves the info from the remote, but a lot of people use reciever for remote)

The PCB says nothing specific for that.

I'll check. I didn't think it had any settings on it. It's the one from target. The one that's Helo TC. it just plugs into the iPhone and I don't think there're any switches on the unit.

CPD
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 2:22 am

you just have to look at the reciever--it'll have a switch saying A B or A B C. (reciever's the thing that plugs into the iphone--technically, reciever's the thing that recieves the info from the remote, but a lot of people use reciever for remote)

The PCB says nothing specific for that.

JeepHed
Guests
April 18, 2012 - 5:23 am

CPD said
Ah, ok then. What you'll need to do is simple- just buy a remote, not a pcb board, and it should work. You just have to look at one thing:

check on the reciever for the iphone, and see if it's 2f or 3f. I think they're 3f, but being that I have a Tracphone, I can't say for sure.

Go on ebay, and look around for a syma heli for parts or repair with the controller shown, and look to see if it's the one you want. Keep the heli for parts, or repair it if it's a simple fix, and you're good to go!

OK, cool. So looking at the PCB board, how do I know if it's a 2f, 3f, or something else?

Thanks.

CPD
Guests
April 18, 2012 - 4:23 am

Ah, ok then. What you'll need to do is simple- just buy a remote, not a pcb board, and it should work. You just have to look at one thing:

check on the reciever for the iphone, and see if it's 2f or 3f. I think they're 3f, but being that I have a Tracphone, I can't say for sure.

Go on ebay, and look around for a syma heli for parts or repair with the controller shown, and look to see if it's the one you want. Keep the heli for parts, or repair it if it's a simple fix, and you're good to go!

JeepHed
Guests
April 18, 2012 - 3:20 am

CPD said
No, you don't have to. The helis have the coresponding motherboard to their remote style. If you have two 2f a/b, two or three 3f a/b/c, or two or three 3f fake a/b/c, (although aparantly, c doesn't work on many remotes) then they can all run off of the same remote, just at different times.

Actually, though, the helis all have their own remotes to start with, and it's easy to transfer batteries back and forth during the 10-15 minutes of cool down time between flight and charge and charge and flight.

If you really want to fly off of the same remote, just buy two of the "colors vary" ones from the same company. (or, just buy two of the same then mark or paint them to tell which is which)

Thanks for all the info. What I'm think of trying is: I have a Helo TC that works with the iPhone. But it is very hard to fly off the phone. the copter looks really cool so I was thinking if I got a pcb board and remote i could set it up to fly with a good remote instead of the iPhone.

Thanks again for all your help.

CPD
Guests
April 17, 2012 - 10:57 pm

No, you don't have to. The helis have the coresponding motherboard to their remote style. If you have two 2f a/b, two or three 3f a/b/c, or two or three 3f fake a/b/c, (although aparantly, c doesn't work on many remotes) then they can all run off of the same remote, just at different times.

Actually, though, the helis all have their own remotes to start with, and it's easy to transfer batteries back and forth during the 10-15 minutes of cool down time between flight and charge and charge and flight.

If you really want to fly off of the same remote, just buy two of the "colors vary" ones from the same company. (or, just buy two of the same then mark or paint them to tell which is which)

JeepHed
Guests
April 17, 2012 - 6:16 am

So if i wanted to change out the IR chip in one I need to get the remote with the chip? Do they sell that?

Thanks for all the help.

CPD
Guests
April 16, 2012 - 11:49 pm

Here's what you have to remember--

the helis don't have a/b/c switches. They bind to the remote every time you fly them. One heli is not A and one B. If you want to fly them together from 2 different remotes, you have to go to completly separate rooms, and bind one to A and one to B.

If you want to fly them off of the same remote, just leave it on A, and they'll bind when your flying. The only thing is that there are 3 possable remotes, and unless you buy the helis off of the exact same company in the same order, then chances are you'll get two different remotes. (there's 3ch a/b/c Syma, 2ch a/b Syma and 3ch a/b/c Fake. (they're 3ch helis, but there's 2 or 3 frequency remotes, 2f A and 3f A aren't the same, the same with B, and the fakes run off of different frequencies altogether)

JeepHed
Guests
April 16, 2012 - 12:58 pm

Hey all, I'm very new to RC stuff, and loving it. I was wondering if there is a way to use the same controller for 2 different heli's? Can I have one on "A" and one on "B"?

Thanks

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5