Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Issue in the air
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 7:06 am

Ok, so yeah, my bad... wrong drifting...

Lol.

Gawd I hate trying to converse on a computer with more than one meaning to words when you've been around these guys too long!

Anyway, yep, bad shaft, probably added to the nose balance problem.

wicked_tinn
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 6:22 am

The girls i was refering to is heli ..lol..and although i like the vid ..it isnt quite was i was talking bout ..still waiting for new shafts ..

Thanks again

Wick

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 11:07 am

Wait... to clarify something...

Is it saying the helicopter wants to drift in wide circles

or

your daughter ("my girl wants to") wanted to drift the heli in a wide circle?

I was going off of your daughter wanting to drift the helicopter. If it's the first one, it's a simple case of TBE, and you just need to look over the Toilet Bowl Effect page.

wicked_tinn
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 8:47 am

Thanks CPD and Nova ..I will get one this and ill let the forum know the results ..And thanks for having a place where we can figure these lil issues out Nova

Wick

Supernova
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:26 am

A bent shaft will cause vibration !! you will see on the tail very easily, as for the nose weight then I dont think that would make a difference if it was a bit off centre because I have tried with bluetak in all sorts of places to bugger it up but only a big lump takes over from the giro.

Have you checked the transmitter? as I do remember somebody once said, if you give the trim a bit of a hit when the copter is in the air then it could sort it and to be honest I tried it once and it worked, there could be a sticky thing with the lever on the controller or a bit of ahem! on the trim button ?

After saying that, I do need to adjust the flight path with the controls most of the time when flying.  

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 3:58 am

Ok, yeah, probably a shaft's bent, but it might not be quite all of the issue. The weight could explain some of it, but I'm not sure.

The vibration's definately a bent shaft, but I don't know if it'll make it have wide circles.

Although, reading the post again, if you've seen the video of somebody drifting, it takes an extremely large area to pull it off. You need probably a 20x25 foot room or more. You're liable to get near the edge of the range, plus you need room to have errors. Probably only a 15ft diameter, but you really need a lot more for it.

Examining my heli, and thinking about it, that weight would end up giving you an insane left-hand turning radius for drifting, though. It'd be able to drift left-hand turns like crazy! Between the top rotor powering the left-hand turn and that weight moving it sideways a little, you'd almost be where you hit the blades!

Put that weight back as it was, and try that at some point, then drift left, and see if I'm right. Then, maybe even put it further to the side, and make it into a LH drift-specific heli. (and, of course, buy annother for regular flights)

wicked_tinn
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 2:29 pm

Well after close inspection of all gears theres nothing chipped or missing now take in the fact i didnt disassemble the whole lower end to expose belly of the beast ..but when i removed front end i did notice a small weight under battery and above led ..now i assume thats just a balance weight to make it a little nose heavy ..but it isnt dead center ..in fact its a little to right ( if looking at chopper dead ahead )

CPD
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 1:03 pm

Might be, but it might be one of the motors being sluggish too. Look it over for anything binding up a motor, any broken teeth on the gears, anything that would make one of the blade sets move a little bit sluggish in one way. Check every single tooth on the left-turning blade set- one of them's probably broke somewhere.

wicked_tinn
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 12:42 pm

Reverse works and trims work ok ..but not great ..after looking close i see and feel low speed wobble ..im still thing thats its the upper shaft at this point ..i ordered 2 more 107g ..but no shafts ..

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 6:43 pm

Did you try going backwards? And did you try trimming it?

wicked_tinn
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 6:37 am

Im new to it so i have had my crashes ..Today my girl wants to drift in wide circles to the right not tight ones but wide and trim wont work ..any ideas ? Ive read alot in here but havent really crossed the issue im having ..Im thinking i have a bent shaft .

Thanks

Wick

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9