Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Is there any benefit to hooking two stock 150mah batteries in parallel?
Tags: Syma X9
Chief-T
Guests
November 14, 2012 - 5:56 pm

Uh Yes the S107 G can fly with two 150 mah batteries in parallel. I have one that I built that works just fine. See my thread speed mods in this section. It not only can work it does it very well with a flight time of over 17 minutes.

CPD
Guests
October 1, 2012 - 9:14 am

Well, the thing with that is, you have the same voltage (V is constant over parallel circuts) but the current would be doubled, and I'm not sure what that would do to the circuts. Now, there's a few people who have done things with putting two batteries in, and have flown alright.

That said, well, the people who have tried this, from what they've posted, have said that the s107 just can't lift the weight of two batteries. You could put a 300 mAh battery in it, and have less weight, but back then the one guy (I think it was BVC or JM Bishop) did extensive testing on the batteries, he found that somewhere between a 220 and 250 mah battery is the best place, because at 250 mAh, the heli has to produce so much more lift that it can't sustain as long of a flight. (which is also not ideal because that wears out the motors very badly and gives it a lot more mass for when it crashes, causing more damage in a crash)

voodoo
Guests
October 1, 2012 - 2:46 am

Just wondering if it would be possible, and advantageous to hook two stock batteries in parralel. Voltage stays the same, but wouldn't you get 300mah and a much longer flight time?  With guys making changes and stuffing in..or hanging under...some bigger batteries...i can see two 'stock' S107 batteries fitting inside my soon to be modified S107G to a 'gunship' Cool

With the slight bit of added weight of the armament and other 'goodies' and new bodywork, I can see running the throttle a bit higher to maintain altitude and hover, and as a result, lessen my flight time on just one stock battery.

any thoughts?  or better to just sling a biggie between the skids?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
26 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2