Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
how do you identify fake Syma S800?
What are some "tell-tale" signs to look for when trying to determine if you have a FAKE S800G ?
Tags: Syma X9
bvc
Guests
September 25, 2012 - 9:22 am

If you have an s107 remote you are not using, take off the knobs and put them on the s800 remote. It will help a lot.

Image Enlarger

If it's too small, use an extra s107 remote to make a case to put the s800 in.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

If you are handy with a solder iron, add a potentiometer to control the power of the throttle. How is here

http://syma107.com/forum/gener.....e-3/#p4287

Image Enlarger

Shingo
Guests
September 24, 2012 - 11:28 am

Well...I'm convinced that my 1st S800G was counterfeit. I returned it immediately and purchased a new S800G directly from Syma.  The box looked different ( a lot less Chinese writing on it) the owner's manual looked different (a lot fewer grammar errors) and the helicopter worked immediately.  Plus, the helicopter felt different.

Much happier...but the S800G is hard to control.  The throttle is very touchy.  All in all...very cool!

Widdog
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 9:59 pm

Thanks for commenting CPD. I can understand why people would think I hate Mode 4. It’s true that I even called Syma’s Customer Service and asked them why they use Mode 4. They told me that their marketing research showed it was in their best interest to go with Mode. 4. I admit that I lost this which is the best mode argument fair and square. From now on I will try to keep my comments to the  Here you can talk on other Brands Of Helis Apart from Syma part of the forum.

CPD
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 2:49 pm

The thing is, there just physically isn't a majical way to make them go from mode 4 to mode 2 without them costing more than the heli itself... MUCH more. You would need to basically make a second remote within the remote so that it could route power from the different set of reostats to the board in a different way. Plus, the way the two reostat sets are made is absolutly nothing alike--the throttle is not at all like the other set for turning/fwd\reverse.

Looking it over, I really don't think you can just majically make them swap between the two. That said, I would equally hate it being mode 2 as much as you hate it being mode 4.

Guess it's just a difference in opinion. I just want syma to send out replacement remotes.

Widdog
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 2:25 pm

I’m not an expert but I can vouch for XHeli.com. I also like that they offer produces from other companies as well. They give a nice comparison. I happen to have bought a S800G and a F106 both being four channel.  I have to give it to the F106 for being in Mode 2. I understand Syma’s reason for Mode 4 and all. It’s just that the rest of the RC Heli world uses Mode 2 transmitters. Come on Syma make your transmitters with a way to switch between Mode 4 and Mode 2. That’s the smart play anyway.

Shingo
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 1:43 pm

I already sent my 1st S800G back...so I didn't check the QC tag. 

CPD
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 1:20 pm

Quick question--what QC tag is on your remotes? Mine has #1, but what quality control guy did yours? Can we maybe pinpoint it to which ones have a bad remote?

I'll betcha what happened was they were trying to shove as many out the door for the christmas rush, but ended up having a bad batch of boards for the remotes, and the QC guys were told to just do a quick "make sure it turns on and that's it" test.

What do you guys think?

Shingo
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 12:00 pm

Please keep us posted about your S800G flight!.  We'd love to know if you can keep the remote "paired" to the helicopter or does it keep cutting out?  Mine kept cutting out...so I switched to the S107 Remote.  Even then, the S800G couldn't stay more than 1 inch off the ground.  IT was only out of box for 1 hour...and it was my first flight.  I charged it properly (cooling down, etc.) and never crashed it.  I sent it back since I was not interested in diagnosing something that I might make worse if I de-construct it. 

Mine was like the video link above (cutting out)....then it just wouldn't hover above 1 inch.

CPD
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 10:02 am

Well, my first s800g's on the charger as I write, and I hope there isn't a bad batch from amazon, but as far as fakes, I doubt it. There aren't as many out there yet, and even at that, there's soo many little things that can't be faked. The remote has Syma loud n proud on it, there's metal flake paint on the canopy that a faker wouldn't try to copy because it would cost too much, and the type of printing on the box is very expensive, and not something that would be faked.

We'll see if they come out with fakes, but I doubt it will happen within this year. Heck, they don't even fake the blue s107g's because syma doesn't sell enough of them to warrent faking. Same to a certain extent with the red s107's. It's just the yellows and rarely the reds that you hear about being faked.

Shingo
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 3:48 am

Gold Wing Trading Co.  I'm not sure it's fake...maybe I just got a bad one from Syma.  I already sent it back (via Amazon) for a refund and ordered a new one directly from the Syma website. It cost a little more, but hopefully, this next one will work straight out of the box.

bvc
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 12:54 am

I don't think that info has been attained like with the 107. Not near as popular and not enough time has gone by. There appears to be some floating around, just because they have different canopy's and such but that doesn't mean the components are different. I have not seen anything on Amazon that would appear to be a fake. Which store on Amazon did you buy from?

Shingo
Guests
September 9, 2012 - 11:52 pm

Just wondering if there are some clues to look for when determining if you have a fake S800G? I saw a great video showing signs to look for on the S107 (I.e. Color of circuit board, # of channels on remote, etc.)

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2