Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Hovering issue
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
May 3, 2013 - 6:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

lew803 said
Hey JB,

Have you checked the top of the inner shaft and the connection to the top blade grip assembly?That is a weak place and an easy place to shear a plastic pin.You'll see what I mean when you take the blades off and take off the grip assembly.

Because my instructions gave me no indication of terminology, it helped me to go to a site that has spare parts and find out the names of  different parts.Maybe didn't help me fix it but I could then describe what I thought I was looking at.One aside to this reply.My first 107 is used for spare parts but don't give up too soon.You need the experience for other planes to come and it gets easier every time you have to teardown for repair.plane

Have fun.

Good point Lew praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

lew803
Guests
April 24, 2013 - 4:41 am

Hey JB,

Have you checked the top of the inner shaft and the connection to the top blade grip assembly?That is a weak place and an easy place to shear a plastic pin.You'll see what I mean when you take the blades off and take off the grip assembly.

Because my instructions gave me no indication of terminology, it helped me to go to a site that has spare parts and find out the names of  different parts.Maybe didn't help me fix it but I could then describe what I thought I was looking at.One aside to this reply.My first 107 is used for spare parts but don't give up too soon.You need the experience for other planes to come and it gets easier every time you have to teardown for repair.plane

Have fun.

jbrumberg
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 10:48 pm

"the heli is moving forward whenever i try to hover this"-  A simple solution (hopefully).  It may be a fore/aft balance issue.  Try movng the battery aft towards the rotor shafts and check to see where that little weight is on the front light area. 

"both rotors spin, but the top rotor soon becomes out of balance and impacts the balance bar…or just begins to gyrate and become so unstable as not to be flyable."-

"after a small crash I was unable to take off again. Hovers a few inches then pitches forward with top rotors hitting balace bar/bottom rotors"-

Less than effective interactions with rotors and balance bars and ceilings and/or hard immovable objects can lead to those symptoms described.   It sounds like a failure in the top blade connectors and/or mainshaft connector (One really does not need to ask why I am posting about this wink.).  I have lost count of all those laugh and cool to surprised, yell, and cry flight moment experiences, but I am getting really good at the dissassembly and reassembly of these little heli's without losing any parts laugh

Nivas Sri
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 1:18 pm

Hi....

I had just 4 flights with ma little bird and had few minor crashes.Now my problem is that the heli is moving forward whenever i try to hover this.Any solutions for the problem.Do i have to change any spare parts? I feel that the problem is with tail rotor.

CPD
Guests
December 2, 2011 - 1:08 am

Whenever I end up ordering one, I'll be sure to do that. I think I'll try to take the blade parts off, put a yard stick across the body of it in line with how it should be straight, and rotate it to see if it hits or leaves a gap.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 1, 2011 - 5:49 pm

@CPD Guess as you are ordering new main shaft,try something crazy-check which way you think it is bent,and by hand gently bend the other,it is hollow like so be gentle but forceful if you understand,nothing to lose,have fixed a few with brute force-let me know

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 8:51 am

Mine does that to a certain degree.

I'm ordering a new main shaft, to see if mine's bent--hit the ceiling constantly...

When mine's doing that for whatever reason, I like to turn it on in reverse, or if it's going backward, foreward. Usually, it fixes it temporarilly. Still no fix with it's left draw, though...

That's what I hate- it drifts backward and left, plus now has the opening symptoms of tbe...

Gilbo
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 8:44 am

Any luck with the probs anyone?? I am wondering if for whatever reason I am having gyro issues. Does anyone know what those symptoms are? I guess my next step is to take the bird apart.

Thanks!

Gilbo

Gilbo
Guests
November 30, 2011 - 4:55 pm

I am having the same problem as you Razzer. After a small crash I was unable to take off again. Hovers a few inches then pitches forward with top rotors hitting balace bar/bottom rotors. Everything is tight. I hope someone can help. Don't have much time on this bird and has flown like a champ until tonight.

Gilbo

CPD
Guests
November 27, 2011 - 12:26 pm

Mine's having that and a small case of tbe. tightened up everything, and it's not hitting the balance bar, but it's having issues. Wants to go backward and left. Took off the bars, seeing next flight if that works somewhat.

Razzer
Guests
November 23, 2011 - 4:57 pm

I have, perhaps, a somewhat similar issue. I have two Syma S107G's...and I am unable to hover either of them. They both worked great and were completely stable until one of my three sons "accidently" hit the top of the helis' while they were flying.

Since then, both rotors spin, but the top rotor soon becomes out of balance and impacts the balance bar...or just begins to gyrate and become so unstable as not to be flyable.

Do you have any suggestions about this condition? When the helis' are at rest it appears to me that the top blade assembly is not stable (e.g. that the blades are extremely cocked).

Does this mean that the central shaft has been bent...or that the assembly that holds the blades to the shaft is damaged. I see no real evidence of damage but I am not sure what to look for. And I would really appreciate any advice that this forum could give regarding how to diagnose and fix instability of this type.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

Syma Freak
Admin
November 16, 2011 - 4:59 pm

Good point Ionosphere80 another idea is it spinning one way,if so try trim button on remote,depending how bad the crash was there are a few things it could be,first check all forum posts,there are some great Syma guys offering great advice,keep us posted we will all try to help you.

ionosphere80
Guests
November 14, 2011 - 6:50 am

Any chance your crash knocked the rotor shaft off-center?  Any left-right leaning of it would cause a sideways drift.

efremovski
Guests
November 13, 2011 - 4:21 am

I bought my Syma S107G from amazon, well since I am rookie in this at beginning I didn’t notice that I have some difficulties with hovering S107, then I had small crash and sine then still hovering with my Syma is impossible as well to do any precision flight because the helicopter is all the time fighting on one side. I try to put some load on opposite side to minimize the flight on one side it works but I still have same problem and it is very hard to do the adjustment. Is there any way I can adjust something on this small helicopter and get steady hovering and steady flight.

Please help!!!

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5