Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Help: Not charging
Tags: Syma X9
jbrumberg
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 1:07 am

JamDJ said
Ahh, yes. The bug has bitten. Buying more toys for

our toys! Next will be a soldiering iron! 

You can pull your hair out choosing replacement 

batteries. I just stick with the originals. After 

your collection of helis grow, flight time becomes 

less important because you'll want to land and 

fly another. The 107 is perfectly balanced with 

the stock battery, they're inexpensive, easy 

to install, and you are most likely to get a genuine 

Syma product. 

A multimeter is a very handy tool (Even around the housewink.)

I can relate cool.  I have 4 G's and 1 N flying smile; 1 modified N grounded (too much "FFF" surprised); needs  Main Shaft Connector cry

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
March 17, 2013 - 11:40 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ahh, yes. The bug has bitten. Buying more toys for

our toys! Next will be a soldiering iron! 

You can pull your hair out choosing replacement 

batteries. I just stick with the originals. After 

your collection of helis grow, flight time becomes 

less important because you'll want to land and 

fly another. The 107 is perfectly balanced with 

the stock battery, they're inexpensive, easy 

to install, and you are most likely to get a genuine 

Syma product. 

Syma Freak
Admin
March 17, 2013 - 5:25 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

G 1 said
I dont have a multimeter but I think I should buy a new battery. Could I possibly buy a more powerful one? Or does it have to be the same?

Found a cheap multimeter for $6 on Hobbyking, i have one,does the job

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

jbrumberg
Guests
March 14, 2013 - 5:23 am

There are many, many discussions as to the cost-benefit of installing a stock 3.7V 150mAh or similar battery versus a bigger XXXmAh battery all over the internet for a variety of RC aircraft.  Larger capacity batteries may give slightly longer flight times, but they are heavier which throws off COG and puts extra strain on the motors, etc.  I use the stock 150mAh batteries, but that's just my choice.  I also have 4 S107G's (3 flying) and 2 S107N's so I have plenty of flight time if/when I choose to fly.  

G 1
Guests
March 14, 2013 - 4:14 am

I dont have a multimeter but I think I should buy a new battery. Could I possibly buy a more powerful one? Or does it have to be the same?

jbrumberg
Guests
March 14, 2013 - 1:46 am

"The battery does look a bit bloated."  I agree.  Do you have a multimeter?  A battery is at full charge at 4.2V.  A battery is considered "drained" at 3.7V.  One of my failed batteries really did not look as bloated as yours.  It would only charge to 4.05V and would drain down to 3.52V after 5 minutes of operation.  I had another battery drain down to 3.71V after 2 minutes of operation.  These LiPo batteries are quite finicky; almost like a living entity.  They really need to be taken care of.  I run a 5 minute flight, 20 minute rest/cool down, 45 - 55 minute charge (or more), 10 minute rest/cool down, 5 minute flight routine.  I limit my flights to 5 minutes.

G 1
Guests
March 13, 2013 - 11:00 pm

OK guys, I've taken some pics of the heli and the battery. This was straight after I flew it for a few seconds. It did the same thing again, flew well for a few seconds then hovered on the ground. The battery does look a bit bloated. Please advise me. 

http://postimage.org/image/k3qlptqyr/
http://postimage.org/image/ejipsxhhf/

Syma Freak
Admin
March 11, 2013 - 7:28 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

JamDJ said
It's no inconvenience at all. This is why we are all here and keeping tthis forum 

going, to help each other, new hobbiests, and to have fun!

Thanks guys for your input..not much more to say..Just thanks from all the members

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
March 11, 2013 - 1:56 am

jbrumberg said
We are all in "this" together. 

Do I sense Red Green?

--Keep your stick on the ice, we're all in this together!

jbrumberg
Guests
March 11, 2013 - 12:50 am

... and membership provides a whole new world information that will provide "justification" to purchase all kinds of geeky stuff like multimeters, soldering stations, etc.cool

and/or make and break stuff surprised

and hoard stuffwink

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
March 11, 2013 - 12:28 am

It's no inconvenience at all. This is why we are all here and keeping tthis forum 

going, to help each other, new hobbiests, and to have fun!

jbrumberg
Guests
March 11, 2013 - 12:20 am

There should be no inconvience in the pursuit and sharing of knowledge.  To teach is to learn.  We are all in "this" together. 

G 1
Guests
March 10, 2013 - 7:58 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. I will look at the heli in more detail. When it flies it does not experience TBE. I have had issues connecting the charger to the heli but it does fit comfortably now. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.   

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
March 10, 2013 - 7:49 pm

G1,  When it does fly, does it get the TBE?

(toilet bowl effect for those unfamiliar with our crazy 

acronyms) Process of elimination: if

so, we'll look at a motor, if not and it flies well

if only for a few seconds, we'll look at battery replacement. 

Don't panic, neither one is difficult.

Agrivating as typing this on a cell-phone ,

but. not difficult.

CPD
Guests
March 10, 2013 - 10:36 am

That means either A, the heli isn't shut off while charging, B the connection between the charger and the heli's charge port isn't good, C The battery isn't good, D there's a broken connection between the charge port and battery somewhere, or E the charger is bad.

Look it over, see if you can spot any noticable problems, i.e. broke wires, bent pins in the charge port, bloated battery, charger not connecting right, etc. and then try to narrow it down. I don't personally have anywhere I can recomend for batteries, seeing as I have yet to personally have to replace one, but SN, SF, Jam or Zed should know of somewhere between all of them.

G 1
Guests
March 10, 2013 - 2:34 am

I am referring to the light on the USB charger that goes red when the battery is meant to be fully charged. This light is always on. If you believe it is the battery I will have to get a new one. Does anyone know of a cheap one? 

jbrumberg
Guests
March 10, 2013 - 1:03 am

G1-  I am confused as to the light(s) to which you are referring.

The last battery I replaced did not look bloated/puffy at all and appeared to "charge up" like the others (the USB LED would light up), but my multimeter indicated that this battery could not charge up to its full capacity (4.05V vs 4.2V), hold its charge, and rapidly depleted after 1 minute of flight to 3.52V.  I believe a "drained" battery is considered to be 3.7V. 

G 1
Guests
March 9, 2013 - 8:00 pm

Battery doesn't look bloated. 

CPD
Guests
March 9, 2013 - 8:17 am

If the light's remaining on while charging, you don't have it shut off. Could be something not charging the battery, but it might just be a blown out battery. Open up the hood, (i.e. take off the canopy) and look at the battery. If it looks bloated, it's probably dead.

Have to give them at least a 15 minute cooldown time between flights, charges and 2nd flights.

G 1
Guests
March 9, 2013 - 4:15 am

OK thanks for the advice. But if the rotor is in fact broken surely the copter should be able to charge. The light remains on even though when I fly it it doesn't work well. Also when I fly it immediately it is able to gain height for a few seconds then gradually falls down. 

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5