Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Have you ever tried the ADX X108? - It's a fake S107 but with some advantages
bvc
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 8:54 am

Never mind. Embarassed I see where wonder model says "Replacement parts are available in our shop"

bvc
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 8:52 am

Jaap said:

bvc said:

At first I thought this should have been JDX not ADX, until viewing. Anyone know anything about the JDX 4channel drift king?

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004OGBNJ8

Hello bvc,

No, it's realy ADX. Take a look at the images I inserted. ADX is on the box on the right upper corner. You see the X108 looks very much the same as the S107 only a big difference is the bigger tail motor that gives it more speed (see the image below with the red X108 and the yellow S107). Other differences are the 4 leds left and right, the 180 mAh battery and the possition of the gyro. It's on the right side of the pcb (see last image). S107 pilots could make their copter faster just by replacing the tail engine by the the one of the X108, I think. Most parts like the frame, rotors, gears, blades look for me 100% replicas of the S107...

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

The gyro on the right side of the pcb...Image Enlarger

Yes. What I want is the tail motor. Have you found parts for it? If I could buy one, have the tail motor mount, and be able to buy replacement motors, it's perfect!

syma-guy
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 7:19 am

hmmmmm, some nice 4ch mini choppers there, I've been thinking of treating myself to a 4ch mini gyro helicopter myself but would also like one with 2.4GHz transmitter instead of IR, Can anybody tell me of one that is and has a metal body like the syma 107 and is a reasonable price too? 

I've been looking at the E-Flite blade mCX, love the way it flys but it looks a bit on the flimsy side to me. what do you think?

Cheers syma-guy

CPD
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 2:38 am

What you have to remember is that China does not have the pattent/copyright laws we do here in the US. Here, that's a direct infringement, in China, that's called buisness.

Here, if you reverse-engineer something somebody else makes, you're breaking the law. There, everybody from small children to giant corperations to the government themselves.

Jaap
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 10:26 pm

bvc said:

At first I thought this should have been JDX not ADX, until viewing. Anyone know anything about the JDX 4channel drift king?

Hello bvc,

No, it's realy ADX. Take a look at the images I inserted. ADX is on the box on the right upper corner. You see the X108 looks very much the same as the S107 only a big difference is the bigger tail motor that gives it more speed (see the image below with the red X108 and the yellow S107). Other differences are the 4 leds left and right, the 180 mAh battery and the possition of the gyro. It's on the right side of the pcb (see last image). S107 pilots could make their copter faster just by replacing the tail engine by the the one of the X108, I think. Most parts like the frame, rotors, gears, blades look for me 100% replicas of the S107…

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

The gyro on the right side of the pcb...Image Enlarger

CPD
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 3:58 pm

Hmmm... I seem to have disapearing posts or something...

There's tons of helis based off of the same design as the 107/031/032/033/301. Most helis out there either have the same basic nose design as they do, or a buble-top design. (excluding the low-end semi-scale and high-end scale helis) Some even have flat out the same coloration as the newer s107 designs, just different names on the bodies. Then, the fame is the same on a lot of them because they all follow the same basic design, and so-on.

bvc
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 2:08 pm

Syma Freak said:

bvc said:

Looks the same, as so many do. I had two vids of the drift king but Syma Freak removed them. I guess because I just posted links and did not embed them.

Do not know what happened there,seems to be a problem with iframe videos- repost again,sorry about that,on to the server to see something their end-SF

OK. Let me try……

Nope.....let me try.....

Syma Freak
Admin
January 15, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

bvc said:

Looks the same, as so many do. I had two vids of the drift king but Syma Freak removed them. I guess because I just posted links and did not embed them.

Do not know what happened there,seems to be a problem with iframe videos- repost again,sorry about that,on to the server to see something their end-SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bvc
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 1:43 pm

drewdane
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 12:49 pm

I tried to embed this video, but I can't figure out how to do it. Confused I'm usually a little smarter than this.

Edit: LOL… I guess that's how it's done. Laugh

drewdane
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 12:36 pm

Along that same line, I've been eyeing the F106. a 4-channel heli that looks an awful lot like an S107. 

Image Enlarger

http://www.amazon.com/F106-Inf…..3ELDG64ENB

bvc
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 4:42 am

Jaap
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:50 am

CPD said:

is it yiboo or what company?

Lots of 107-based ones out there…

Hello CPD, On the box there is "ADX".

They are sold by: http://www.wonder-model.com

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:22 am

is it yiboo or what company?

Lots of 107-based ones out there...

Jaap
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:05 am

Who has ever tried the ADX X108? I think it’s a fake S107 because many of the parts are
the same but there are also a few differences. The most important one is the
more powerful tail motor that gives it much more speed. The left - right turns
are also quicker and this in combination with greater forward speed gives more excitement
but makes it more difficult to fly. The battery is 180 mAh instead of 150. It
has 4 extra flashing leds on the left and right side. I removed these but left
the white led in the nose. Here you see a short avi of the X108:

What do you think?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
21 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178