Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
green light on helicoptor
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 15, 2013 - 3:31 am

Ok, just turned my wtt on to double check the placement. The board led is NOT at the end of the board,it is in the center, right behind the main shafts. There is a tiny little square led there that sends the green light. You can't really even tell that it's the led unless you turn it on and look right at it. If that led isn't turning on, then it's not the problem, you either have a dead board or dead heli battery. Something else that I'm thinking, granted I'm a little rusty with that heli since I haven't been able to fly it in a while, are you sure that you're turning on the remote with the throttle all the way down? If your throttle isn't all the way down, (which is mostly only a problem if you have removed the throttle spring) then it will also turn the led on the controller to red or flashing green. You could also have a broken connection somewhere within the remote, also causing it to turn red.

BH_woodstock
Guests
January 14, 2013 - 4:24 am

batteries are new.i did try the remote charging as well but have since installed new batteries.

the biggest issue seems to be that green light on the rear of aircraft attached to the green board.it seems to be dead.

CPD
Guests
January 14, 2013 - 3:43 am

Thinking about it, how fresh are the batteries? I think the led turns red when you have older batteries about to die in it and it won't work for the heli any longer. I want to say WTT/real helis will only work when the batteries are good enough, then the led will turn red when they're down. (the fakes just stop turning on when the batteries are dead dead) I don't have my helis wth me at the moment to double check, but I think that's the problem with the remote.

That should be the problem there.

BH_woodstock
Guests
January 14, 2013 - 1:11 am

Thank you CPD for your quick reply.Yes that is exactly what i am looking at. little green square thing that looks like it's an led, but it's not--it's the reciever for the infra-red signal. But..it does nothing. no light comes on at all.I tried messing with every combo i can think of turning on and off ..etc.. but i got nothing.

could it be something in the remote or aircraft?I am not afraid to take things apart, i have a small screwdriver set that will work.Open to suggestions.

thanks again.

and yes the light on the controller WAS green. now it is red??

im confused.

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 3:34 pm

Sounds to me like you're looking at the green plastic led-looking reciever. On the very back of the board, sticking out of the frame, is a little green square thing that looks like it's an led, but it's not--it's the reciever for the infra-red signal.

I have a WTT s107 also, and it can be tempermental to try to bind. That's most likely your problem. You have to play around with turning on the heli, then the remote, throttle up, down, up, turning off the heli and remote again and turning on remote, then heli, throttle up, throttle down, throttle up and so-forth until you've figured out what combination your heli likes. That said, I do remember my wtt having a green led on the controller, not a red one. (been a little while since I've flown that one since it's speed modded, which isn't great for in a college dorm, and the one spring in the remote's jerry rigged with a spring out of a broken pencil)

I would still say the primary thing to do is to just take 10 to 15 minutes and figure out what combination your heli likes of turning on the remote and heli before binding. ALSO--make sure to let the led on the heli go from flashing to solid before trying to do anything or it will do nothing. (that's it setting up and calibrating the gyro for that flight)

Hope that helps!

BH_woodstock
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 11:50 am

i could swear the light on the controller was green when i 1st got it.now it is red. but regardless i have no green light on motherboard diode on rear of craft.i see it and know that it is in fact a light but it is not working at all.

BH_woodstock
Guests
January 13, 2013 - 10:56 am

hi everyone, I am from Catskills area in New York.

I just got a world Tech s107 and i charged it with the USB for about 40 minutes and the usb cable glowed red.I unplugged the coptor and the lights work on the remote it seems.(yellowish/green light) so thats ok . But...on my coptor all i get are the running lights in the front and 1 flashing red light near the rear but i do not get any green light on the coptor what so ever.there looks to be a light on the rear of coptor motherboard but it does not light up.i got nothing at all from it and the coptor dont do anything at all but sit there and flash red/blue and look pretty.

I need help and hoping someone here has some good advise.I have been dying to fly this thing for 2 days and dont know what to do.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2