Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Front heavy
Need to redistribute weight
Tags: Syma X9
Supernova
Guests
July 25, 2014 - 1:44 am

Yes, the rotor is the center of mass but you can try adding some blutac to the tail, but if weight is an issue then try to lengthen the tail to give more rear torque to the balance.

Gopher
Guests
June 17, 2014 - 3:53 am

I've done a few things to lighten my heli. I removed the canopy and trimmed off the tips that extend past the mounting screws. I have also removed the tail decoration and tail support pipes. Its lifting speed and forward speed improved greatly. It even banks when I turn now! However, it doesn't just hover anymore. This is because there's too much weight in the front. If I hold the right stick backward, then it hovers in place. I attempted to correct this by removing the legs on the ascend and descend assembly. The normal orientation has the legs slanted so that the legs reach towards the nose. I turned the legs 180 degrees so that they instead reach back toward the tail. I am not sure if the legs are molded so that they can only be oriented a particular way but I had difficulty pushing the nobs of the underbelly into the round pockets of the legs. I twisted by hand a 7/64" drill bit into the round pockets to enlarge them enough so they fit. They still fit snuggly. After I secured the legs in reverse, I removed the metal bars in the legs and spun them 180 degrees so that they pointed up at the nose as they should. This did not end up being enough of a change. I've seen posts that people have shifted the battery further away from the nose but I don't understand why that helps since it doesn't relocate weight rear of the gear assembly. Isn't the gear assembly the heli's center of mass?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2