Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
First timer...and I don't think it is working right
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
March 1, 2012 - 3:27 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

TheGreatSaltini said

Starting the return process now.  Thanks everyone.  Without using one of these before, I didn't know whether mine was normal or defective!

Keep us all posted how you go and company you bought from on Amazon,refer Stop Thief--As trying to get a list of good sellers on Amazon Smile

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

TheGreatSaltini
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 10:34 pm

Starting the return process now.  Thanks everyone.  Without using one of these before, I didn't know whether mine was normal or defective!

D
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 5:00 pm

It's IR like a TV remote. There's a distance limit and you kinda need to be pointed in the general direction, but certainly better than what you're seeing now. I just went through the same. Bought a new one on Amazon and the thing lit up, and that's about it. Sent it back and hope to see another arrive tomorrow. It had better work this time.

TheGreatSaltini
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 9:33 am

The 3 infrared led's behind the blue glass seem to be positioned OK.  One may be just a *bit* off, but I'm not sure if I want to open it up yet if I should just return it.  So you guys don't always have to point your remote directly at the helicopter at all times while flying it?

Talk about a major bummer.  I really wanted to fly today!

D
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 8:49 am

The LED's in the controller won't be visible unless you're pointing them at a video camera of some sort, then you'll see them blink on the screen.

Jaap
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 8:42 am

No, this seems not normal. It should be possible to fly on a range of 10 meter.

Check the 3 infra red leds behind the middle blue glass. Are they pointiing in the right direction? If not, open the transmitter and bend them a bit to correct it.

Check the batteries again.

The two outer blue glasses don't have leds. They are of no use for the S107. With the S026 they are buttons to trim.

TheGreatSaltini
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 7:14 am

Hi everyone.  I just received my first heli off of Amazon, but I'm not sure if it is working like it is supposed to. 

Am I supposed to point the controller right at the helicopter at all times?  It won't work unless I do that, and sometimes it loses the signal in mid-air and crashes to the ground.  Is that how it is supposed to be?

Also, the green light above the on/off switch on my controller is coming on just fine.  But are the lights on top of the controller(encased in clear blue plastic) supposed to come on?  Are those even lights?  They don't come on for me.

Thanks for any help as I could really use it.  I'm afraid I'm going to hard-crash this thing on the first day.  🙁

EDIT:  After tinkering around with it some more, I find the range of the remote to be only about 3-5 feet.  I've got new batteries in the controller.  Is this normal?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2