Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Erratic height control
Tags: Syma X9
Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 4:46 am

I find mine to be a little unruley until some of the initial charge wears off. It's like they have a little too much power for the first 30 seconds or so.

I also find it them easier to land pretty when the battery is lower, because the 1st speed is a little too fast for landing nicely when the battery is fully charged., hense the 1 or 2 inch plop we encounter sometimes. When the battery is low, we can fly em all the way to the ground. Thats my take on it anyway.  Dennis

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 4:34 am

Also, make sure your blades are adjusted to pivot freely, but not flop up/dn alot, a little tiny bit is ok. The more they can flop up/dn, the more they can twist in the blade grip and change pitch. Freely pivot with minimum slop, and keep an eye on them regularly. Also make sure both dogbone links are between the upper blade grip and flybar, just in case.

Keep in mind also, that when you go forward or backward, running the tail motor will slow down the main motors slightly, from the extra current being drawn.  Wink  Dennis

Have you hugged you S107G's today ? 

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 4:21 am

Remember, these speed controls are not infinently variable, they go in 32 or 36 steps, so if your nervous, and move the throttle stick slightly, you could be bouncing from one setting to the next.

We also have to consider drafts, heaters, and so on… any wind currents in the room will affect it.

Once the blades are loaded with the weight of the heli, nothing should be changing, however, these heli's move alot of air, and in a small room, were flying in our own blade wash.

Here's a test for you…

Put your heli in a hover in the middle of the room, hold the throttle steady, and don't touch the right stick.

Tell me how much it's moving up and down.

I just tested mine, and it's not full scale heli stable either, but I couldn't come up with a up/dn distance figure for you, other than maybe 1 foot or so ultimately, but when im flying it, I counter act it as best I can when it does that.

These heli only weigh 39.19 grams, so any moving air will effect them greatly, even the wind they create. 

They can tend to bounce, but they will usually settle down if left in one spot for a few seconds.

That affect is known as Balooning, and it's mostly due to blade wash coming back at the heli.

Is there a chance that you could show us a video of the hover, in a room with no fans on or open windows ?  Dennis 

drewdane
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 10:41 pm

I can't say that I noticed that, myself... but then again, when mine was new, it was my first. So whenever I flew it, it looked pretty erratic. Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
February 2, 2012 - 12:35 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Guess repeating what has been said many times,do not fly near any digital things like a TV- As SN said control lever-

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

paulsdunford
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 6:15 am

Insatiable for info - that's me!  Is it just 'loosening up' that has caused the deteriation?

BTW - thanks for the forum.  Good info everywhere.

Paul

Supernova
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 6:04 am

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

That is normal just adjust it with the control lever.

paulsdunford
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 5:53 am

I have noticed that my 107g seems to have become a little erratic on the height control.  Whereas it used to hover nice and stably, it now has a tendency to climb or fall very quickly.  Is this a general wear and tear problem?  battery is fine, no shafts appear to be bent.  Generally flies very well.  It's just the tendency to rise and fall quickly compared with when it is new that drives the question.

Thanks

Paul

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9