Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Crashed Hard
Need some help please!
Tags: Syma X9
Redfive
Guests
January 12, 2015 - 7:36 am

There is no reason why not but I have never gone that far in repairing them.  If control caused the problem but a s111 coastguard heli' as they fly slower.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
October 27, 2014 - 4:01 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm not sure.........sorry,

If anyone else on here can help,

please reply........

Rudyjr
Guests
October 22, 2014 - 7:16 am

Well upon closer inspection it seems that the red motor lead has broken free of the board. It appears that the red lead was supposed to be attached to the same solder point as the red lead from the battery along with the white lead from the rear motor. Can anyone possibly confirm this as fact for me or tell me anything different? I am also considering attaching this to the battery lead wire to avoid loosening anything attached to the board, would this work as well?

Rudyjr
Guests
October 18, 2014 - 1:12 am

I disassembled the helicopter far enough to remove the front motor from the chassis and it is in fact not running. I have tried to look it over to see if a wire is broken or loose and do not rally see anything. I am going to order a motor and attempt to swap it out hopefully this will fix it.

Rudyjr
Guests
October 16, 2014 - 10:24 am

Thanks for the input and help. i looked at the gears and powered it up while holding it. It does not appear that the motor is even trying to turn so it may be the motor is toast. I am good with a soldering iron and work with my hands (eye sight is a problem!!!) so if I can narrow it down I can probably fix it as long as I can see it. Thanks again, Jim

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
October 16, 2014 - 9:21 am
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Rudy, Thanks for your inquiry and welcome to the forum!

First of all, good luck and best wishes to your brother for

a safe and speedy recovery. We wish you well.

Sounds to me like you have what's called a gear-slip issue.

That topic is overed in depth on here. The crash may have caused the lower

main gear to ride ever so slightly up the rotor shaft. At rest, the gears will

all mesh properly but once power is applied, the lift on the copter can cause them to

disenguage.

The other issue may be the motor for that rotor has become disconnected or broken.

If you are good with a soldiering iron, replacing a bad motor (or battery) isn't

really all that difficult. Supernova has great videos on this and replacement motors

are widely availabe on line.

Again, welcome to the forum and please post often!

Rudyjr
Guests
October 15, 2014 - 8:44 am

I have bought and flown several of these little helicopters with my grand daughter. Recently I purchased one for my brother who is laid up after major surgery. As usual little brother crashed it hard on his maiden flight and it now inoperable. I would love to be able to fix this for him because he has a long recovery and I know he is bored to tears. The only thing I see is that the lower rotor does not spin. All of the gears appear to be meshing and I can manually rotate the gears and get both rotors to spin individually. I am inclined to think that there is something wrong with the motor that drives the lower rotor but I am not certain. I have looked at the videos but am not seeing anything that discusses this particular issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2