Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
CPD's Workbench
A new series by CPD (me) about fixing and or modding helis and whatever random stuff I can fix or mod.
CPD
Guests
September 14, 2012 - 12:01 pm

Ok, I figured out how ti move this. If anybody still has problems posting suggestions or anything to this, let me know.

As allways, if you have any ideas that I could do, let me know!

MikeK
Members
February 10, 2014 - 11:22 am
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

CPD said

MikeK said
I watched your video on oiling and it reminded me that oiling these little machines is necessary.  So I ordered a little pen-type oiler from Amazon and will follow your advice when it arrives. 

So thank for spending the time and effort in producing your videos. 

PS: I like your mechanical drawing of the helicopter.  Are you a draftsman?  

MikeK

Good to hear! Leave some feedback on how it goes! Just make sure it's plastic and electronic safe non-petroleum oil.
As for the little drawing, and if I'm a draftsman, well, yes and no, I'm a Mechanical Engineering Technology major at one of the satellite campuses to Pitt, and I drew that up when I got bored shortly after my Engineering Drawing class that I had last year.

Main campus goes straight to CAD, while the thinking here is that nobody learns the old way anymore, but if you have to make an initial sketch/set of drawings, or edit a sketch/set of drawings in the field, then it is important to know how to do them correctly. Also, it gives you a better understanding of what is behind a CAD drawing, rather than just bowling into one willy-nilly and just designing it without consideration of what is necessary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the heads-up re: the petroleum based oil.  I don't know what kind of oil will be in the pen I ordered but I won't use it until I'm sure it's safe for use on plastic.  Meanwhile I remembered I have a precision graphite applicator which I think will be okay for the little helicopter's gears, but it won't do for rotor shafts.  So I'll have to be more selective about the oil I buy. 

Re: your drafting:  I very much agree with your feelings about CAD.  I worked as a junior draftsman back in the 1950s and I've played around with some CAD software more recently, but it's not as satisfying as working at a board.  I haven't in any way been involved occupationally with drafting since then, but you have some very challenging subject matter with which to develop your drafting and engineering skill while advancing your helicopter hobby.

CPD
Guests
February 9, 2014 - 9:27 am

MikeK said
I watched your video on oiling and it reminded me that oiling these little machines is necessary.  So I ordered a little pen-type oiler from Amazon and will follow your advice when it arrives. 

MikeK

Good to hear! Leave some feedback on how it goes! Just make sure it's plastic and electronic safe non-petroleum oil.

As for the little drawing, and if I'm a draftsman, well, yes and no, I'm a Mechanical Engineering Technology major at one of the satellite campuses to Pitt, and I drew that up when I got bored shortly after my Engineering Drawing class that I had last year.

Main campus goes straight to CAD, while the thinking here is that nobody learns the old way anymore, but if you have to make an initial sketch/set of drawings, or edit a sketch/set of drawings in the field, then it is important to know how to do them correctly. Also, it gives you a better understanding of what is behind a CAD drawing, rather than just bowling into one willy-nilly and just designing it without consideration of what is necessary.

MikeK
Members
February 9, 2014 - 9:07 am
Forum Posts: 178

CPD said
What is happening on the bench now  ??

Well, I'll be honest, I don't think there's going to be any more episodes, at least for now. There's a couple of reasons--between needing to do nothing but school work for a while, the fact that the ideas I was hoping to come from viewers for new topics never came and the fact that, at least outside of this forum, they were a flop. The first episode did ok, about 250 views (high for my channel) 2 likes, 2 dislikes, the second one and the third ones have a whopping 35 views each and 1 like, 0 dislikes between the two of them. :/ I don't know about you, but that is a flop to me. Sure, most of my videos get about 30-37 views or so, but that's not sustainable for a series like this. I was hoping, like I said, for people to send in their ideas and needs for new videos, but that never happened, and I'm out of ideas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MikeK

Supernova
Guests
January 2, 2013 - 9:01 pm

Oh well, It is not easy I know, my old you-tube account had the same views and less for months it takes time to get found.

CPD
Guests
January 1, 2013 - 3:54 am

Well, I'll be honest, I don't think there's going to be any more episodes, at least for now. There's a couple of reasons--between needing to do nothing but school work for a while, the fact that the ideas I was hoping to come from viewers for new topics never came and the fact that, at least outside of this forum, they were a flop. The first episode did ok, about 250 views (high for my channel) 2 likes, 2 dislikes, the second one and the third ones have a whopping 35 views each and 1 like, 0 dislikes between the two of them. :/ I don't know about you, but that is a flop to me. Sure, most of my videos get about 30-37 views or so, but that's not sustainable for a series like this. I was hoping, like I said, for people to send in their ideas and needs for new videos, but that never happened, and I'm out of ideas.

Supernova
Guests
December 31, 2012 - 10:59 pm

CPD
Guests
September 14, 2012 - 10:04 pm

Yeah, I figured out how to do it just after pming you, but my internet started going really bad and I couldn't re-pm you to tell you I did. Sorry bout that.

Thanks for pinning it!

Syma Freak
Admin
September 14, 2012 - 8:29 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

CPD said
Ok, Syma Freak'll have to move this over to the general part of the forum, it's locked for everybody but admins, which does it no good at all. (I wanted to move it, but I can't figure out how)

EDIT: For some reason, my reply got moved up to the top. I obviously JUST figured out how to move it.

If anybody has any suggestions or problems, let me know!

I see you moved it ok,well done,I have also pinned it,so you should have your topic near the top..awesome info good on you..SF Surprised

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
September 14, 2012 - 7:46 am

Ok, Syma Freak'll have to move this over to the general part of the forum, it's locked for everybody but admins, which does it no good at all. (I wanted to move it, but I can't figure out how)

EDIT: For some reason, my reply got moved up to the top. I obviously JUST figured out how to move it.

If anybody has any suggestions or problems, let me know!

CPD
Guests
September 14, 2012 - 12:42 am

Wow, how didn't that reply show up in the "new posts" thing? Hmmm...

Thanks, SN!

I guess I'll post the next episode, then, since the first one didn't really get that many views.

I'll also upload some more videos, but unfortunatly, since I don't have the working remote, they won't be as good I think. I know how you did a video on the inner workings of the s107 gearbox, and I think I'm going to do a version for the s800g.

Also, since I broke off the stupid tail for the yellow s107, and since the replacement has a whole tailboom, I think I'll show how to put the broken one on the 800 for decoration.

Can somebody else post on here or something to let me know if this is really not locked?

Supernova
Guests
September 12, 2012 - 2:39 am

It is not locked ? All looks ok to me keep up the good work buddy  Smile

CPD
Guests
September 12, 2012 - 12:26 am

Does anybody have any ideas before I post the next video, or is this locked for everybody else? I tried making it not be locked, but I don't know if it worked...

CPD
Guests
September 8, 2012 - 8:35 am

Rats--halfway through adding the first tag, I accidentally hit the enter key and it saved with just CPD for a tag, not CPD's Workbench... :/

Hope you guys enjoy and aprove!

CPD
Guests
September 8, 2012 - 8:33 am

Well, here's my new youtube series that I'm going to do. "CPD's Workbench" is just me showing how to do whatever requests I have for things to fix or mod. I don't really have anything at the moment, so if you have anything you want to see, and Supernova hasn't already done a video, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. It doesn't have to be helis either, if it's something I have laying around or am allowed to bring up to school, I'll see what I can do. (but don't expect me to do things like show how to put a red dot on a rifle or show how I made my hatchet's handle nicer to grip up here at the school--that wouldn't end well)

I've uploaded the first two episodes, the intro and "random blurblings"

The first episode is right here,

I'll post the second episode here in a couple of days, after the first one has time to be watched as much as it will be.

For reference, unless specifically requested by multiple people, or requested to go into further detail I will not do videos that SuperNova has already done. (of course excluding the basic videos that I might do anyway like simple tips and tricks, replacing blades, controller mods, and certain basic speedmods he might have also done.) 

The videos I will not be doing include the following:

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5