Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Correct screwdrivers
CPD
Guests
January 6, 2013 - 12:43 am

Metric

The screw drivers we buy here are in thousanths of inches, their are metric and as such, measured in decimals of milimeters. (not sure what exact interval they use for that... should probably look that up for later in life.) The easy thing is that some helis come with screwdrivers, although not all, and really about no s107's come with them anymore. The s800g does, however, and it works on all of the screws. If you have an extra set or at least an extra mini screwdriver that's about the right size but a little too large, you can file it down a smidgen on each side of the blades, I guess you can call them, of the philips head until it works perfectly.

c sitas
Guests
January 5, 2013 - 3:50 pm

Have you ever noticed that when working on  stuff made in Japan or China , the screw drivers don't quite fit perfect. Do you know why? They have what is called JIS screw drivers. They are expensive also . If you want to see,  just google JIS. BTW, this means, Japan Industrial Standard. This is especially true with most anything to do with electronics. Like our little helis , comps, and so on.

bvc
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 4:13 pm

Steve said:

Harbor Freight has a lot of these small tools for really cheap!

Thanks! Didn't think of them. Have one about 16 miles away.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 4:02 pm

They come I handy for the hard to reach places, but syma makes their screws tight, and that's the hard part.

Steve
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 3:44 pm

Harbor Freight has a lot of these small tools for really cheap!

CPD
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 3:25 pm

That sounds like a good one. The spin top is where you push. You shouldn't push on the edges w. your fingers to have them slip.

bvc
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 1:05 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Don't get that set of screwdrivers ennog, my dad has one of those screw drivers from a eye glasses fixing kit, and the screw driver looks JUST like one of those! There isn't any grip, so they are hard to work with. They have bumps, but your fingers still slip. They slip slowly, but they still slip.

Really? I have one that looks just like these and love it. It has ridges on the side and a spin top. Do these not? Look like they do but I have not read the description and reviews. Unfortunately the one I have is too big.

CPD
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 1:08 am

good ones have ridges along the side, and a spinning part on the top for where you press.

I end up mostly using just whatever small screwdirver I have handy, usually the one that came with the one metal bell 412 model I tried turning into a flying huey...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 4:49 pm

Don't get that set of screwdrivers ennog, my dad has one of those screw drivers from a eye glasses fixing kit, and the screw driver looks JUST like one of those! There isn't any grip, so they are hard to work with. They have bumps, but your fingers still slip. They slip slowly, but they still slip.

CPD
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 10:10 am

"I also have a magnetic tray from Hobbyking to put my screws in.Fits good on my work desk.A good product for $3"

Automotive magnetic parts trays also would work. If you don't want to spend thhat kind of $2, just use a saucer or whatever plate or bowl you have handy.

ennogs
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 7:31 am

Syma Freak said:

I use a magnetic screw driver set got from Amazon Your other choice Ennogs I also have, great screw drivers

I did look at that set of screwdrivers.  Amazon UK don't sell them though. Amazon US will not ship them to the UK.  

Syma Freak
Admin
January 19, 2012 - 7:43 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Old_Iron_Spine said:

I just bought a small, long, screw driver. And actually, the motor has some sort of magnetism on it, so my screwdriver picked up a little bit from that lol.

As CPD advised just rub magnet on a screw driver,cheap fix.I also have a magnetic tray from Hobbyking to put my screws in.Fits good on my work desk.A good product for $3

Image Enlarger

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 3:37 pm

I just bought a small, long, screw driver. And actually, the motor has some sort of magnetism on it, so my screwdriver picked up a little bit from that lol.

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 2:12 pm

You need a dollar store set and a magent. That's what I'd use. Does not need to be fancy, does not need to be magnetized, just needs to be cheap enough that it's steel, and use a magnet to make them magnetized.

Rub them in the same direction for 100 times for minimal magnetizing, and for a few minutes while your watching TV for decent magnetizing. Then store them with the magnets on them when your not using them. You may want a few magnets to put different ones on each screwdriver so that they arent being demagnetized while sitting there.

Get grandma's old broken Bingo magnet, something off the fridge, or mom's magnet for sewing/stitching needles.

jerryconnelly54
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 1:50 pm

i forgot to tell u that u can get a magnatiser/ antimagnitizer at hobbyking.com for 3.00 usa dollars and magnitize when u want then demag when needed or wanted to use on ur husky screwdriver and again this driver u can get as stated and also another model is all torex also 4 blades double sided........jerryLaugh

jerryconnelly54
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 1:45 pm

try... husky HD-74501 S .... awsum streangth and quaility 4 double sided blade philip oneside flat other strong steal bits great handle small compact good levereage..you wont regret it...jerryCool

Syma Freak
Admin
January 19, 2012 - 12:02 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I use a magnetic screw driver set got from Amazon Your other choice Ennogs I also have, great screw drivers

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:22 am

Lol I would certainly think that set would cover it! Laugh

ennogs
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:07 am

I need to replace the head of the inner shaft on my S107G.  Looking at the helicopter it seems to have 3 different size of screws.  I need to buy the correct screwdrivers to do this.  Will this set of screwdrivers be the correct size to use?

amazon.co.uk/Silverline-633888-Piece-Jewellers-Screwdriver/dp/B000T9W1CC/ref=pd_cp_ce_2

If they are not the correct size could somebody please recommend where I could buy the correct sized screwdrivers.  Thanks.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2