Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Color differences? (Post #2)
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 12:33 am

That's the Helizone one's body. They have the s107 rebranded and with a new body for an extra $25 or so.

drewdane
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:07 pm

Image Enlarger

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005TC8HWC

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:29 am

Art supply stores have a liquid mask for artist's to use on paintings, and you just put it on with a fine, tiny brush or a toothpick I imagine! I only know the stuff exists! Laugh And the creative, problem solving side of me thinks it could be done with an Elmer's type of white glue as well!

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:15 am

?

how does that work?

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 7:45 am

Try a liquid mask, or possibly even just good old white glue as a mask! Smile

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 6:30 am

I really want to take my red one that I sup'd up and paint it OD or Black. Heck, maybe OD plastic parts w. black frame and tailboom!

(just need to un-flip the tailboom...)

That's the other thing, though, they need black frames, or they need to sell black frames as upgrade parts.

Syma'd make a killing by selling parts like OD and black canopies, military-scheme blades, black frames, add-on rocket pods, (from the new s102s or dummies from the 109) the whole nine yards.

If I was good enough at masking, I'd buy an extra yellow canopy, and mask off all of the black on it, like the flamie-things and the number, and paint it OD, then make a black frame set.

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 4:57 am

I have an airbrush, so they come in whatever color I want them to come in! Ahhhahahahaha Laugh

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 4:52 am

Might have been the Helizone one where it's an s107, but with new blades and nose. Those have cool flames on them in silver over a single color.

They really need black and OD green 107's...

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 3:41 am

The one I saw was identical to a 107, and I looked it over pretty well! Laugh I'll have to find it again. I think I may have seen it on eBay! hmmm Confused

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 3:01 am

Almost all helis on the market share either the Double-Horse brand nose with the buble-top, or a Syma-style nose with the same basic design as the s107/033/032/031/105/110 ones.

So, whatever it was, it probably just had that same styling. All rebranded/clone ones have s107 on them, and their box labels them as the majical 107.

Occasionally, you'll get a basic one with a different nose, like the 80's-inspired s800g, or you'll get a "scale" one with a body like a real helicopter, such as the Millitary series Syma has. (the 102/108/109/etc. ones)

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:49 am

I did recently see a S107 look alike, that had a different name other than a 107, and I can't remember where I saw it, but it may have been a Syma, however, it was not marked in the ad, or in any of the photos. Laugh I'll try to find out what it was.

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:13 am

Some clones might use real Syma parts, however the fake ones are obviously made by a different company. It would be cheaper for them to make all of them the right way, instead of supposedly make some that they would end up not getting any money for.

Now, that said, the rebranded ones might be contracted out, however all of the real SYMA ones are made by syma.

On the fakes, everything is different, though.

The motors are completely different. The tail rotors are completely different. The blades are completely different. The frames are different. The motherboards are different. The wires are completely different. The boxes are completely different.

That said, the best Symas out there are rebuilt fakes. A fake stripped down and with real motors added is about the best you could ever hope for.

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:06 am

Hi All, I'm Buck, and I'm new here, as of about Jan. 7th 2012, and I would just like to stress the HUGE differences in Quality Standards between China and a large portion of the rest of the globe! Laugh this is just My Opinion, but I believe Syma has more than one standard, for example, a product intended for a retail marketplace in the U.S. or Europe, that will sit on an actual store shelf, will be of higher quality than one sold online, (Amazon, eBay, etc.) and one has to keep in mind that, again, only in my opinion, that even the clones are produced with genuine Syma parts! It is only the quality of assembly, and quality control that are in question! Cool Therefore, it is my strong sugguestion to anyone getting into Syma, or Syma type helis as a hobby, for any length of time, become well versed in soldering and learn to be a Self Educated Syma Mechanic!!!  I guarentee these skills will come in handy, IF you plan on owning/maintaining ANY brand of 'Flying Money Pit'! Dig??? Laugh

CPD
Guests
January 9, 2012 - 12:48 pm

The blades are s107g on the yellow, the blue s105g's didn't sell nearly as well or something, and there's very (relatively) few blue s105g's, so they use leftover blades that they have laying all over.

The two blacks is nothing- they just had a black one in with the white ones or the 10-year-old grabbed two black ones.

Both real, both good, both ready to fly.

coptercrazed
Guests
January 9, 2012 - 11:44 am

Well that appeared right away. So here are the details: Both purchased from Amazon about 2 weeks apart, both seemed to be in genuine Syma boxes. The 1st (yellow) has black top main motors, the 2nd (blue) has a white capped rear motor, black top front motor. The blades are also different: yellow has 2 black bars near point of attachment and a yellow band along the leading edge. The blue has no black bars or band, just a blue/black/blue swirl out toward the blade tips.

Both flew great out of the box. I crashed the yellow and broke the nubbins on the top rotor hub - now fixed (see separate post).

Comments? Is one of mine a clone?

coptercrazed
Guests
January 9, 2012 - 11:32 am

I just posted a new topic on the differences I see between my yellow and blue versions but it disappeared. Are postings moderated with a delay?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2