Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
choose a s107
choose between different models and other noob questions :)
Tags: Syma X9
JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
March 16, 2015 - 5:13 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I neglected to add that that the S107N comes with

the XBox style remote and the S107G comes with the

"old school" joy stick style remote. Hope this helps!

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
March 16, 2015 - 4:58 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Newhelittle, and another welcome here,

To answer your questions about our Syma's, Redfive got most of them

answered for you I hope. Here are the suffexis is far as I know:

If it says S107, there  is no gyroscope, these are older versions and

will flpo over in mid-air.

S107G, the most popular of all, G stands for 'gyroscope' and keeps the

heli balanced while flying.

Now here is where this gets interesting. ANY Syma with a letter after it

will have the gyroscope built in. For example, if you have a S107C, it will have

the gyro built in, plus a feature, in this case, a camera. If there is no letter

after the S107, it will not. All later models of the S107 have the gyroscope

built-in, as long as there is ANY letter after the 107, you are good to go!

S107G = gyro built in

S107N = new version, engines foreward, different paint schemes and game-style remote

S107P = bubble copter, available in pink and blue, blows bubbles as exhaust, pretty cool

actually, I have the ToysRUs version.

S107C = has a HD camera on board

S107I = uses your smart phone as the remote, download the free app

S107(?) = forgot that lette rbut has a missle launcher!

The S107N uses the same remote as your S6 mini. Personnally I don't

like it, as has a video game appeal, whereas the S107 remote feels more like a 

true remote control, with joysticks rather than buttons. By the way, they are interchangable

so you can fly both your 107 and your S6 with the same remote!

I'd recommend getting the S107G as a starter like we all did. Somehow 'yellow'

is the color of choice for our first one. I'd save the 4 channel until you get some more flight time in.

Also, you can bind the remote from your new 107 to your S6, there are instructions

on this forum on how to do so, its real easy! You will fing flying your S6 with

your 107 remote to be more controllable, stable, and fun.

Happy and safe flying!

Redfive
Guests
March 15, 2015 - 9:32 am

Yes I have brought other brands but always gone back to syma

the 107 c has a camera on board and both controllers work in the same way

newhelittle
Guests
March 15, 2015 - 1:49 am

some s107 have traditional rc controller, some s107 model have a 'xbox pad style' controller

newhelittle
Guests
March 14, 2015 - 8:23 am

thank you very much. I have used rc for car vehicle , but never for heli. So in that range of price you suggest to go for syma and not for walkera or other brands.?

I have also the s6 mini but perhaps is a cute thing but not 'real' as 107? isn't it?

for the s107 I'm just confused with the model there is so many 'letter' .. also a s107c

Redfive
Guests
March 14, 2015 - 6:55 am

Welcome to the forum which covers far more than the 107 these days.

To be honest there is not much difference in the 107g and 107n the g stands for gyro and I have no idea about the n. both give you a good easy to fly 3 channel heli that will fly indoors very well. The syma heli is superior to similar helis in quality and flying ability. Just choose a colour you like or collect them all.

If you want to fly inside and outside in a light breeze occasionally and be able to swap batterys easily then the s39 is a slightly bigger 3 channel heli and has 2.4 ghz radio control..

4 channel is a little more difficult to fly and I would (and did) start with 3 channel and then move up once you have mastered it.

A great to learn with four channel is the syma s5c which is a very stable quadcopter also with changeable batterys giving you lots of flight time.  or you could go for the s800 as you suggested.

You don't say if you are used to general radio control but helicopters are a wonderful with the added benefit that they can stop in the air unlike aeroplanes.

I hope that helps do ask about anything that's not clear.

controller batterys last ages if you recharge the heli from a usb source rather than the controller.

newhelittle
Guests
March 13, 2015 - 11:54 am

newhelittle said
Hi, I'm going to buy a s107, but I can't compare and choose between s107g, s107n and maybe there are other version. please help me with differences.

If I would choose a s800 (maybe more fun with 4ch) instead of s107 ? what do you suggest and why?

at the end : I read that the time fly is 6-8 minutes. but the controller batteries how much time works before recharge or change? ty

hope you want to help me join this world

newhelittle
Guests
March 13, 2015 - 11:02 am

Hi, I'm going to buy a s107, but I can't compare and choose between s107g, s107n and maybe there are other version. please help me with differences.

If I would choose a s800 (maybe more fun with 4ch) instead of s107 ? what do you suggest and why?

at the end : I read that the time fly is 6-8 minutes. but the controller batteries how much time works before recharge or change? ty

hope you want to help me join this world

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5