Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Can you daisy-chain batteries?
Tags: Syma X9
MikeK
Members
April 22, 2014 - 5:33 am
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If you connect two batteries in parallel you increase the amperage output.  If you connect them in series you double the voltage.  In other words -- don't do it. 

CPD
Guests
January 10, 2014 - 5:14 am

I don't remember anything about that, but I do remember one of the old timers from when I joined did extensive testing on what batteries to use for best performance. According to his testing, two 150mah stock Syma batteries weigh significantly more than one 300 mah battery, and unless you do some serious weight savings, that big of a battery is too big and heavy to be effective anyway. I don't remember the exact mah rating of the ideal battery, but I believe it was in the range of 200-250 mah. I want to say 250 was where it reached the point where the weight was taking too much to lift, wearing down the batteries, along with the motors, and that it is equal to the flight time of a 200 mah battery, with the 200mah being cheaper and much, much easier on the motors and other mechanical parts. Thing is, that was two years ago now, so I don't remember the exact rating that was ideal.

awolter
Guests
January 9, 2014 - 6:05 pm

I checked out Raptor's posts but couldn't find a direct answer.

It seems I might be able to "piggyback" batteries, where I connect the + & - wires together and basically run two batteries down one line, so to speak. But it seems if I "daisy chain" them, I might be doing something wrong, providing too much current or something like that. Does this make sense? Obviously I don't have any real understanding of how electronics work...

Unfortunately it looks like Raptor hasn't checked in more than year...

Syma Freak
Admin
January 5, 2014 - 7:29 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Check out some posts Raptor did, might help

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

awolter
Guests
January 3, 2014 - 3:05 pm

Naively, it would seem like you could double flight time if you doubled battery (minus a bit because of the added weight), and so I'm wondering if you could just daisy-chain heli batteries together. I don't know anything about electronics/batteries and so I'm wondering if in fact it wouldn't work out so easily...

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2