Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Blades produce strange grinding sound
Syma Freak
Admin
July 22, 2012 - 11:54 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Does the main shaft look bent at all? Does sound like gears are the problem,also check for hairs that might be caught up within the gears and props- you could try putting a tiny amount of Dupont silicone on the gears or really thin oil used more for electric trains, but only a tiny drop!!

There are a few posts on gears,here is one thread .. Gears

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Beef Noodles
Guests
July 22, 2012 - 3:18 am

I got my syma s107g last thursday, and it flew great. Yesterday though I was flying it around and it hit the edge of a doorway I was trying to go through, I picked it up and tried to refly but the blades couldn't spin fast enough, and it sounded like the blades were lightly snapping against each other, but they appear like they were perfectly straight. I took apart the top of the main shaft like suggested in Supernova's main shaft repair video guide, and it seemed the pieces looked perfectly healthy, and I had a hell of a time putting those upper screws in to secure the upper rotors (should have mentioned to just loosen them enough to get it off).

Here is a video I made of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6.....hotostream

Anyway I looked at the gears, it doesn't seem like there are any missing teeth, but I noticed a very small amount of wear on them. I ordered a new gear set, but I just wanted to make sure this was only a gear problem, it'd be ashame if I only had this thing to fly for a day. I don't know if I'd be able to repair the motor or anything else if that's the problem.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2