Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Battery Issues
Syma Freak
Admin
March 13, 2011 - 2:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Wiki Great advice-and Andre feel it could be your usb problem as well-did light go off when charging?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

WiKi
Guests
January 29, 2011 - 7:42 am

@Andre: There could be something wrong with the battery and/or charger. Before you declare it a defect with the Heli though – lets try a couple of things and see if we can't find out what's wrong. I'm suspecting you didn't get an adequate charge the second time around.

First – try charging the heli with the built in charger cord that comes with the transmitter. If it charges successfully and fllies – there may be something wrong with the USB charger.

Second – if the charger on the transmitter works to charge your heli - try using a different USB port on your computer. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T USE A USB HUB. Plug your charger directly into a port that is connected to the motherboard (try one of the ports in the back if you're using a standard desktop/tower case). USB ports on hubs and some that are on the front of the case are not powered and thus cannot correctly charge your heli. Make sure the USB charger light lights up before attempting to fly your heli… it shouldn't take more than 1hr. If you have a "wall charger" for an iPod with a USB plug on it - these work well also.

Also – the advice here for battery care is a good idea – let your battery cool for 10-15 min before charging and about the same after charging before flying to extend the life of your battery (not the length of your flight but the number of times you can recharge the battery).

The instructions you posted from the manual have to do with binding your transmitter to the heli when you first turn it on. If your heli responds to you moving the sticks then its bound and you're already past what those instructions are telling you to do.

Try these and let us know how it turns out! Good luck! 

Andre
Guests
January 29, 2011 - 6:17 am

Please Help! I received the S107 today as a gift and it no longer takes off.  I read the manual, got it up and running and everything was just fine. Then I plugged the heli in to my PC to charge and when I tried it again after about 2 hours the heli did not have enough power to lift off the ground.  Is this a defect?  Did I do something wrong?

In the manual that came with the device there is a section in gray that states:

"1. Turn on the switch.
2. The motive handle (acclerator) must be pushed to the maximum control route of travel first, then adjust it to zero (lowest), after that, you can turn on the power of helicopter to fly the normal operation."

The manual that came with the device is for the S107G so I assume that the instructions would also apply for the S107?  Do these instruction above habe something to do with my limited power.  I can't believe that it would work only once before giving out like this.  Other than that, the first 5 minutes were awesome!

I hope someone can please give me some help.  This is my first RC heli or IR heli and so far it is not looking too good.

Thanks,

Andre

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9