Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
are my syma 107g's fake??
are my syma 107g's fake??
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 4:40 am

Red's fake. Green Board, Red/Green motors. Just keep flying it until one motor dies, then replace that motor, and you end up with a heli that actually works as good as, if not better than, the real ones.

Won't be an issue for ya. The fakes got a bad rap because of how the red motors tend to go, but after you spend $2.50 or whatever it is any more, you end up with a rugged, solid flying heli. The fakes are just banged out as fast as possable, and they didn't spend the time to fully engineer them, which is actually to their advantage in a few ways if you fly n die a bunch of times.

Chief-T
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 3:58 am

It would be hard to say IMHO. Myself I think it is more of a suppliers/manufactures parts supply issue. My new S107G has the tan circuit board, and has the same main blade stripe configuration has your blue one does. When I ordered new blades for the red S107g the stripes on the blades are like your red s107. The parts I received said Syma on the packaging, so Its hard to say. I think even if it is a knock off it will be just as good. I just got a s111g direct from lightake in hong kong and I went over it pretty good , and I can only assume it is the real deal.

I'm sure you will enjoy all three equally. I like that you bought 3 at once. Now you will always have one charged up and ready to fly. I can say this: my first and original S107G (red,white,and blue) was my first RC copter. I learned to fly on it. I've crashed it, ran into curtains , and the roof at least 100 times, and I have never broken a part of this bird. Wonderful Helis. I've modded my orginal S107G with two batteries and taken a few things off of it, crashed it again many times learning how to fly it all over again with the differant changes I've made , and it still keeps going.

I don't know about other brands in this mini size of r/c helis, but I am totally sold on them.

Enjoy your new 107's , and I would not worry for a second if it's a fake or not, cuz all the replacment parts will fit it perfectly if needed.

T

gordon
Guests
November 14, 2012 - 10:26 pm

Hi, I bought 3 syma s107g's,  2 from the same supplier (blue and yellow) and 1 from another (red), the blue and yellow look the same but are different from the red one and was wondering if maybe one or all were fake? The boxes look the same apart from the red gyroscopes system writing on the front of the red ones box is in a slightly different place to the others and has a different handle. The diffences between the helicopters i have found is the on the red one the 2 metal landing strips have white end caps and the other 2 have black. On the blue and yellow the pcb board inside is tan coloured and says s107r5 with slmbh underneath, where as the red on is a green board with no writing on it. the motors on the red one have green on the top with the front motor having red and black wires and the back motor having red and blue, the other 2 helis are both black on the top with the front motor blue and red wires and the back having white and black wires. I have added a link to some photos

http://s46.beta.photobucket.co.....yma%20107g

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5