Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Anybody fly the S800G yet?
RCfan
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 11:49 am

bvc said
Here's a pic of the knobs.

S800G knob modImage Enlarger

Black head cover?I never see that before.

bvc
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 2:19 am

Here's a pic of the knobs.

S800G knob modImage Enlarger

bvc
Guests
May 20, 2012 - 10:17 am

RCfan said

whitehedr said
Is the throttle on the left stick or the right stick?

The throttle is on the left stick,that's what we called mode 2.

It's a little more than that (I think you know. Just clarifying for those who don't). Mode 2 is where the throttle AND rudder are on the left stick, and elevator and aileron is on the right stick.

The S800G (they are calling mode 4?) has the throttle and aileron on the left stick, and the elevator and rudder on the right stick.

There are posts at rcgroups on how two modify the S800G remote to make it mode 2. I may try it, because it does make more sense and if I continue with 4ch's it's the norm.

bvc
Guests
May 20, 2012 - 4:03 am

To greatly improve control. Take off the tips (knobs) of an 107 remote (they are screwed on) and super glue (or use your preferred glue) them to the tops of the new remote knobs.

I actually drilled the holes in the 107 knobs bigger (same size as the holes on the 800 knobs) to accept screws that hold the 107 remote together, which would have worked if they were long enough. If I get longer screws I will put them in. Maybe you have longer screws that will work so that you do not have to use glue.

After I fly it a little more I willl give my opinions on it, but so far, I'm lovin it!

bvc
Guests
May 20, 2012 - 2:15 am

CPD said 
I'd buy one (if I flew the ones I have enough to justify buying annother) and paint one of the canopies OD green and make an army one out of it. (Either that or buy a spare Apache s109 or Cobra s108g fuselage to put on it. 😉 Realistically flying army helicopter. Maybe Green Army men on a green board, and have a little fun with it.)

http://static.rcgroups.net/for.....20down.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/for.....llseye.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/for.....etting.jpg

bvc
Guests
May 20, 2012 - 2:05 am

I'm an idiot. You'd think after all the repairs I've made to the 107 I'd know better. It was the forward/reverse swashplate buck. In the crash it popped off the knuckle, towards the swashplate. It was night and the lighting wasn't great. When I had my flashlight I looked at the steering engine and failed to use it to look more closely at the buckles. Then there was light (this morning) and I could see! Embarassed

bvc
Guests
May 19, 2012 - 11:51 am

So no one notices whether or not their rpm is maintained at low throttle and moving the servo's? This sucker is taking 80 minutes to charge and only last 5 minutes. I wonder if the battery is toast.

bvc
Guests
May 18, 2012 - 2:57 pm

Got it today. During the first flight and after a few crashes I thought maybe the battery was getting low because it didn't want to maneuver. Cooled. Charged. Still no go. Servo's move but not much. They are free to move, just don't move much. So it barely , and I mean barely, goes forward, reverse, drift. Not a happy camper. Compared to Kurts review

when he moves the servo's (2:35) the rpm doesn't really change. Does big time on mine. His also moves much more than mine. With an s107 you can hover and almost move around. Not with 4ch. So that's why I first thought the battery was too weak to maneuver. Maybe something else is wrong.

Other than that I liked it. Throttle is way too touchy, but I almost got used to it on first flight.

bvc
Guests
May 18, 2012 - 5:23 am

But that's just it. You don't have the ability to swap. It's like driving a black vehicle around with a white bumper. It's still a great deal, but really, charge me another 50 cents and give me the black tail!

CPD
Guests
May 18, 2012 - 3:46 am

Don't know, but it's a cool idea! 1st, you get the ability to swap depending on which you prefer to look at, 2nd you get a spare if you break one!

I'd buy one (if I flew the ones I have enough to justify buying annother) and paint one of the canopies OD green and make an army one out of it. (Either that or buy a spare Apache s109 or Cobra s108g fuselage to put on it. 😉 Realistically flying army helicopter. Maybe Green Army men on a green board, and have a little fun with it.)

bvc
Guests
May 18, 2012 - 1:40 am

What's up with giving two colors for the canopy and rotor blades and one color tail? Doesn't make sense.

Syma Freak
Admin
May 17, 2012 - 12:24 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

bvc said
Thanks! Saw it last night. Ordered mine from amazon and should have it Friday.

Keep us posted when you get it and your views how she flies-watch the throttle,real quick to climb fast

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bvc
Guests
May 16, 2012 - 1:25 am

Thanks! Saw it last night. Ordered mine from amazon and should have it Friday.

Syma Freak
Admin
May 15, 2012 - 7:46 pm

bvc said
Can't wait! Going to get one for my birthday! or Fathers Day! Soon! Looking forward to your review Syma Freak!

CPD, I like the idea of it too!

bvc review up on the S800G neat heli- but different to fly than the S107

bvc
Guests
May 14, 2012 - 1:49 am

Can't wait! Going to get one for my birthday! or Fathers Day! Soon! Looking forward to your review Syma Freak!

CPD, I like the idea of it too!

CPD
Guests
May 13, 2012 - 2:48 am

There's a lot of people that were giving it bad reviews because it's laid out with the throttle and L/R drift on the left and the turn and fwd/backwd on the right, but the thing is that it's made for moving up from the 107 to. If it was the type that people say it "should be" then it would have a much higher learning curve. I like the idea of it, it's just that I don't really have the chance to fly as much as I would like to...

RCfan
Guests
May 12, 2012 - 12:54 pm

whitehedr said

The throttle is on the left stick,that's what we called mode 2.

whitehedr
Guests
May 12, 2012 - 8:31 am

RCfan
Guests
April 24, 2012 - 9:12 pm

I’ve got this helicopter 5 days days ago from banggood,only 29$shipped!not it's 29.99$! when I unpacked the box, I could hardly this little helicopter would be so beautiful with very reasonable price . The drift feature in syma s107 may be not satisfactory, but in syma 800G, you can drift your helicopter with ease.
I believe that syma 800G,which is going be a hit in 2012 market.
Cool

Syma Freak
Admin
April 14, 2012 - 3:55 pm

Well 28 flights in now,and got the drop on flying it-all to do with throttle control-hope to finish review tomorrow-Seems stronger in build than the 107 a little harder to repair-but nothing that can not be learn't-SF

Complete Review of Syma 800G now posted Here

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32