Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Anybody fly the S800G yet?
bvc
Guests
June 3, 2012 - 2:55 pm

Still having the twitch issue. I must say I am amazed at the abuse these things are taking. Way more abuse than the S107's that broke from far less. Impressive! Today I smacked a ceiling fan (off) at a good speed, dropped nose first onto the coffee table, the canopy popped off bending the adjustable rod from the swashplate to the servo. Just bent it back. Not many post about this thing out there. I wonder, are people not buying it, are people just not having the usual problems, or both?

I found moving the rod to the second hole was more than the heli could handle, so I put it back in the first hole after turning (tightening) the buckle two turns. I may go back one turn, as it still seems a little more than the heli can handle. Sure wish it could. I wouldn't have to get a blade msr.

bvc
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 10:38 am

The end of the arm with the teeth. After a closer look, I think it may hit right when it is supposed to stop so, no problem. Sorry. What I saw was the inprecise, jumpy, sticky servo action. Something better would be sweet.

Raptor
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 9:19 am

bvc said

Is hitting the canopy hard on the servo motor?

Sorry i'm not quite sure what you are asking.

(i need to check, but) The servo looks like it wants to sit with the pivoting point to be towards the front of the helicopter with the arm pointing towards the tail. (reversed compared to steering motor)

As a result of this, it shouldn't catch on the canopy, or any other parts of the helicopter.

bvc
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 9:10 am

More precision would be wonderful.

I don't think filing the canopy is going to be enough. Might have to move it forward and put a screw in it.

Is hitting the canopy hard on the servo motor? Or does it not matter either way because of how it works?

Raptor
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 8:47 am

That is right, I am trying replacing the steering engine. After observing it, and its woeful spring centering design, i have been looking at replacing it with a more precise mechanism to strafe the helicopter. (hopefully that's the right term for it)

I noticed the same issue with one of the arms hitting the canopy too, its just another reason why I am modding it 😛

bvc
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 8:33 am

The top of the servo arms in the up position hit the canopy.

has anyone had a twitch when turning? Only one of mine does it but it' driving me crazy.

bvc
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 8:26 am

Do you mean replace the steering engine?

Raptor
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 7:09 am

While I had all of the equipment set up, I took this video of the s107 controlling a brushless motor.

Hopefully, if used with a much smaller ESC and motor, could be put in a S031, or any large syma helicopter.

Supernova
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 5:06 am

I must say this, I am impressed.

Raptor
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 3:29 am

Ive been looking at replacing the stock "servo" on the S800 with a true servo.

The code still has some glitches in it, but they will be ironed out later. So far it is capable of allowing more precise and controlled movement.

bvc
Guests
May 31, 2012 - 11:32 pm

That would be slick. The S107C is available with black and I think it looks great.

Raptor
Guests
May 31, 2012 - 10:22 pm

I like the stealth copter, it looks more realistic fully black.

But I think the reason why they don't make them black is because it may look like plastic.

If they were to make it gloss black, they might as well use plastic for the frames and reduce the weight.

However, if they coated them to look like "gun metal" that would look pretty slick.

bvc
Guests
May 31, 2012 - 2:49 pm

They really should have released this with black main frames.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Syma Freak
Admin
May 29, 2012 - 11:10 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

RCfan said
The price on banggood only 27$ with the code a3e5f9 now ,is that can be a deal???

Also Lightake has S800G for $29.98 free shipping and coupon code LIGHTAKEFD0617  gets 5% off everything- good until 17th June

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

RCfan
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 7:35 pm

The price on banggood only 27$ with the code a3e5f9 now ,is that can be a deal???

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 7:35 am

Just when I was getting used to Mode 4 I converted to Mode 2. Was getting used to Mode 2 and fried the board messing with a throttle cap mod. Received the other from amazon so I'm back to Mode 4 for now and having to get used to it again. Crashes! These sure can take more abuse than I expected. They really are fun when you get good at it though.

On my second flight, with the one I just received from amazon, the tail fin broke. Strange because I have never broke one since December on 4 S107's. Wonder if they"re using different plastic, or if it's a coincidence, because I painted one from an 800 and it warped at the same place and same angle the other broke at.

CPD, the rotor blades are the cheaper plastic that bang up really fast.

bvc
Guests
May 27, 2012 - 12:38 am

Will do. I also converted it to Mode 2. I was getting good with Mode 4, now I'm all over the place. I have another one on the way from amazon, so I'll give mode 2 a go for a week and see which I like more, since I'll have one of each.

CPD
Guests
May 26, 2012 - 10:22 pm

Nice! Should post how you did that in a separate thread so we know how to do it in our bank of standard mods!

bvc
Guests
May 26, 2012 - 10:07 am

S800G remote modImage Enlarger

Made S800G remote bigger using an S107G remote. Yes, that's a rubber band. I could put screws in the back but then I'd have to remove them and this works fine. I really don't need the rubber band, but since it can move a little it's better if it doesn't.

bvc
Guests
May 25, 2012 - 4:39 am

I agree the remote should be mode2. I'll be converting. I have another on the way from amazon. I also don't get much satisfaction from the 107 anymore.
Do you know you can adjust the swash linkage for more throw? Talk about speed and spins!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5