Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
A random question...
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 14, 2012 - 3:42 am

the truck is the gas guzzeler.

And, no I meant literally a JET ENGINE!!! Not a jetski jet engine, a big freaking jet engine with the afterburner and everything! Like 4 foot blue flames comming out the back, and just rocketing it along on top of the water. (then deploy the james bond-esque wings, and fly that sucker!

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuushshshshhshshhshshhssh... BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top mounted on essentially a floating fueltank w. balast bladders that take in water as the fuel is used up.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 14, 2012 - 2:37 am

Its not a jet. The engine sucks in the water, compress's it, then shoots it out really fast. It's not like a airliner jet, it's different. But they're cool! It was like a James bond boat lol.

And what are you calling a gas guzzler? The boat or truck?

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 11:58 pm

Who needs an F-250 when they make F-750's!!!!!

Lol. Why do people need something like that??? It's not a truck by that point, it's a gas-guzzeling, useless SUV. (which are generally also useless, gas guzzelers...)

Too bad a mini jet engine'd cost some insane ammount... a jet-powered RC boat'd be just freaking sweet!!!!!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:25 pm

There are jet boats with ford F-250 engines in them. My uncle has one.

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 2:49 pm

Hmmmmm... just thought of something...

pony up the cash, and buy a used turbine rc heli engine...

put the insane prop on there...

booya!!!!

(or, well, just order up a mini-jet-engine...)

Or, how'bout taking a regular jimboat, mounting a Chevy small-block 357 in it and really going fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't need RC on that one!!!

Guests
January 13, 2012 - 2:39 pm

Oh, I see the vid now! Lol Just scroll up you big dummy! Lol (my Fred Sanford impression) Laugh

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 9:12 am

Nice boat! 😀 makes me want an rc boat lol. Are they easy?

Guests
January 13, 2012 - 8:06 am

where can I see this video? Smile

Supernova
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 7:44 am

CPD said:

Wow, looks right out of the factory! Must've taken a crapload of work to get it like that!

Looks great and flys around the lake like crazy!

(forgot something... I was trying to make an RC sailboat, but that project's been on hold for years. (had a box of wood scraps, and glued some together and waterproofed it for the hull, all it needs is a waterproof battery, a junk RC car to rip some stuff from, the deck and masts finished, and it's good to go!

It did take loads of work, it has 1.5 HP gas engine, and I have another one on the bench AND WHEN FINNISHED WILL TOP 5.8 HP

From the Bonzi stable in the US.  

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 7:38 am

Wow, looks right out of the factory! Must've taken a crapload of work to get it like that!

Looks great and flys around the lake like crazy!

(forgot something... I was trying to make an RC sailboat, but that project's been on hold for years. (had a box of wood scraps, and glued some together and waterproofed it for the hull, all it needs is a waterproof battery, a junk RC car to rip some stuff from, the deck and masts finished, and it's good to go!

Supernova
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 7:12 am

Did you like my vid of my boat I built it myself.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:59 am

And CPD, amazon still sells the storm launcher for about $30 now.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:57 am

I had a model train lol. Then I wanted more room in my bedroom so we put it in its box and put it in the garage. Then I got a drum set lol which takes up about as much room. Oh well. I'll have to look the video up cause the iPad only does videos straight from YouTube. I think an rc boat or rc submarine would be fun. However, I don't find them as intriguing as an airplane or helicopter due to the fact I wanna hit the wakes in a lake instead of the rc boat hitting wakes in the lake cause when I see a boat hitting wakes, it makes me want to be in the boat, and it's basically torture. However, I do think being in a boat is better than being in an airplane, and an airplane is better than being in a car. I would join the navy or air force, but I can't cause I had a back surgery (hence my name), but oh we'll, I'll buy my own boat and become like an X-ray tech or something and be an rc aviator at the same time. It'll be fine.

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:40 am

I wanted boats, but I have nowhere to really use them. There's a nice, big lake near my house, (well two, but one is full of paddleboats...) but I never get the time.

What was cool was the Airhogs one thing that could go on land, sea, and fly in the air.

That was cool, but no way would I have paid $70 for that gimic when it was new, 5 years ago.

Still leery about spending $40 on any heli! (like a 301g, 031g or 033g, even though they're even more...)

That said, I've paid cash for $185 train sets before... but that was after 3/4 of a year of saving up a lot of money. (well, the $10/week I've gotten from my grandparents from helping them for my entire life... and the occasional bit of extra money from when we had cars to scrap... that was when I was rolling in it- getting $150 or so every month or so! As a kid, that's a lot of money, even if it only lasted a year and a half)

Supernova
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:27 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

You own your own lake, or the club owns their own lake?

The lake is on public land but we pay for the rights to it as a model boat club.

Yep that is me in the wellies.

Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:24 am

And a quick P.S. A cool and cheap AirBoat kit that I never owned, but mu buddy had a couple of, is called a 'SwampBuggy', and the cool thing, is that you can run it on the water, the snow, the ice, or even just plain old wet grass! Lol Now Y'all shut up about boats before I start dumping money back into that hobby again! Ahhhahahaha Laugh

Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:18 am

Like I said somewhere on here earlier, my AirBoats are in drydock! Lol But I took them to big ponds & little lakes. I usually tried to keep the size of lake down to something where I could cast a tennis ball out on a fishing pole, and retrieve the boats if they stalled out. Laugh I'll try to get a pic up sometime, but just imagine a 2 foot tunnel hull boat, with a 40. air cooled nitro airplane engine on a mount in the rear of it, and the prop was a 9 inch prop, and I remove the factory submersed rudder, and replace it with a larger (approx. 3" x 6") flap type rudder, right behind the engine. Wink I hope that paints a mental picture for you! Cool

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:42 am

You own your own lake, or the club owns their own lake?

Supernova
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:33 am

I do and we have our own lake.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:02 am

Do you all go around with rc boating clubs?

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5