Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
107G or 032G
which one
Syma Freak
Admin
September 27, 2012 - 12:05 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

jackteet said
ConfusedHi, I am very new to this forum so please forgive me if my questions are dumb. At the age of 67 I have decided to start RC helis as

a hobby. I want to start off simple and work up. I live in spain and have a large area of land so I need a heli that I can fly outdoors

in good weather and minimal wind. I have read so many articles praising the 107G but they refer to it as an indoor flyer. I have therefore

come across the 032G which would serve my purpose very well as it states that this is an outdoor flyer.

Having no knowledge of helis would you guys suggest I start with the 107 or the 032G. Or, another model altogether.

Many thanks jack.

Any questions asked are not dumb,far from it as helps us all--As for the Syma S032G I did a review on it here and another site click here.. I have two of them and many crashes later still flying ok,,consider the 107G first as recommend by other members here to get some practice flying...

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

nickden
Guests
September 26, 2012 - 5:42 pm

Thank you for the video very nice indeed, I'm also close to your age I born on 1944 I'm in the hobby since 1972 today my eyes limitation make me to fly indoor and outdoor Copters to you suggest me for outdoor the 032 ?regards Nikos from Greece

Ragnyr
Guests
September 24, 2012 - 10:50 pm

I have both 107g and 032g . I agree with others start of with a 107g I did I am 68 lol it gave me a great insight into control etc.

I have 2 032g that I fly outdoors ON WINDLESS evenings mornings and it is superb to my mind it is easier to fly out doors than the 107 in if you understand. But be warned the 032 indoors can be a bit intimidating if you do not have a big room and I mean big. However after practice on the 107 indoors the 032 is manageable but not as much fun indoors as the 107

I bought mine from Amazon and would recommend

Notice the iPad helipad. Probably the most expensive helipad. Unless you know differentWink

jackteet
Guests
September 21, 2012 - 8:01 am

Hi Guys, thank you all very much for your advice. From what you say the 107G cant be flown outdoors and to fly one indoors with marble

floors may not be a good idea for a beginer like me. The helis you have kindly suggested appear rather large for me to start on so I come back to the 032G.

I have found several on ebay which are advertised as 032G yet the packaging says"032". All are red/white and some have the front headlight and flashing red light whilst others don`t. All have"032" on the body but not "G".

It seems that some sellers are trying to sell the older model as the new 032G. Would one of you guys please let me know what distinguishes one from the other so I can be certain that I am buying the G. Thanks again for all your help. Jack.

voodoo
Guests
September 21, 2012 - 4:57 am

CPD said
 "The thing I would suggest would be starting out with a s107g and fly it indoors over the winter,"

I would agree with starting out indoors with a 107 to see if you enjoy the hobby before investing a chunk of cash on a big 4 channel..but your comment on 'winter' made me chuckle... Winter in Spain is like summer in Toronto..or Pennsylvania if I understand where you are Chris!! Laugh.  LOL  Some lucky sods don't get to shovel snow for three months..or more!!

I'm actually looking forward to flying my 'horse' and hopefully getting an RF  bigger Syma 032G heli to fly on dead calm cool winter mornings here!

CPD
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 7:15 am

We've had a couple of discussions on this sort of note, and at least until the F1 comes out, your best bet is a Double Horse, either 9101 or 9100, but I forget which one it is. They have a single-rotor outdoor heli that's a lot better. The thing I would suggest would be starting out with a s107g and fly it indoors over the winter, then get the DH later on, when you get used to it and know for sure that you want to spend the money on a nicer outdoor heli. Start cheap and indoors, then move to the big ones after you know how to fly. A lot cheaper to buy, and a lot cheaper to fix when you crash it.

polecat
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 6:33 am

Try the s031g on utube to see if this would be more suitable for what you descibe ?

polecat
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 6:25 am

You wont really be able to use the infa red outside apart from windless cloudy days perhaps and then they blow away from you like leaves Smile

I would go for one of the largest outdoor 3 channel(Syma make a pretty big one ) to see if you like it and then upgrade later if you feel it is for you

jackteet
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 5:43 am

ConfusedHi, I am very new to this forum so please forgive me if my questions are dumb. At the age of 67 I have decided to start RC helis as

a hobby. I want to start off simple and work up. I live in spain and have a large area of land so I need a heli that I can fly outdoors

in good weather and minimal wind. I have read so many articles praising the 107G but they refer to it as an indoor flyer. I have therefore

come across the 032G which would serve my purpose very well as it states that this is an outdoor flyer.

Having no knowledge of helis would you guys suggest I start with the 107 or the 032G. Or, another model altogether.

Many thanks jack.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5