Syma S111G Review
Syma S111G RC Helicopter
The Syma S111G RC helicopter has a great appearance - does it fly as well as it looks?-view review
Well as always here are some specs on the S111G
- Battery: 3.7v 150mAh
- Charge time: 20-30minutes
- Aviate Time: 5-6minutes
- Helicopter battery: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- Frequency: Infra red control system
- Range: Up to 10m (30ft)
ITEM INCLUDED Syma S111G
- 1 x Helicopter
- 1 x Remote Controller
- 1 x USB Charging Cable
- 1 x Manual-Not really that good.
- Dimension: 49 x 10 x 19cm
- Gross Weight: 510g
- Per CTN (18 Units)
- Dimension: 82 x 38 x 57cm
- Gross Weight: 11,900g
Some Photos of the Syma S111G RC Helicopter
This review of the Syma S111G is courtesy of Supernova (Bernie) a moderator on my Syma Forum.
Both myself and Bernie take our Syma helicopter reviews very seriously and try to give good and bad points on every review.
Good points of The Syma S111G.
The S111G box has a great design with nice colors, white red and black and lots of info on the front.
- Opening the box has the same old problem with the remote dropping to the floor because it is not tied in like the Copter.
- Flight time was 7 mins 46 seconds the same as a S107 G
- The color scheme is excellent and great attention to detail, looks like the real thing in flight.
- The rotor blades have a greater pitch than the Syma S107G that helps with the control in a tight space.
- I do like the flashing lights underneath, and the top front light reflects on the underside of the bottom rotor, nice touch.
- The front light looks like a search light and stays on, not flashing.
- The rear stabilizer blades don't seem to be a problem but some people think they get effected with down draught, I did not have a problem with this.
- As the entire body is enclosed it is difficult to see the workings but the detail and looks make up for this.
- Hovers very well and able to move very slowly for landing on a small spot.
- I like the on / off switch and charge port underneath because the side panels stay free of interruption from the great lines.
Bad points Of the Syma S111G.
- Seems to drift to the right slightly but easily corrected when moving around.
- The rear, fake rotor, is fixed tight, but could be free spinning in the down draught from the control rear rotor.
- The undercarriage is like an airfix kit part, not good for landing on anything other than a smooth table top.
- The wheels could be free spinning, to make forward take off easier and the rear skid usable on landing.
- The charge port is at the bottom, means it has to be on its side when charging, not an issue for me but for some ? may be.
To open the body there are 17 screws!!! this could be frustrating when a repair is needed as they dont come out very easily.When open the internals are very well designed I must say! this I was impressed with, but not impressed with the fact that the wiring is fixed to the oposite side to the mechanics this makes working on it to say the least very difficult.
To sum up I like the authentic look and attention to detail of the Syma S111G also flight control, but inside it could be better.
As with all Lipo batteries in these helis, please let battery cool down after flying before recharging, otherwise your battery will not last long.
Some more photos below of the Syma S111G Bernie took of a strip down to show you the wiring features.
CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Supernova just did a flight video of the Syma S111G
The best buying places for the Syma S111G -Listed Below:
Lightake -Genuine Helicopters. Free Shipping