Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S800G Review
polecat
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 1:40 am

Got my S800G today and charged it up and it flew perfectly streight out the box

Very impressed with it and found the weird mode4 controls pretty easy to use, considering I spent years on mode 2 !

I feel this will need a bigger space than the 107G to get the best out of it so I bought a nice white and gold 107 to continue flying in my tiny house Smile

CPD
Guests
September 11, 2012 - 10:33 am

Well, other than the bad remote, my 3ch s800g is by far the best heli yet. Super responsive, very nicely flying. It's like you take a military heli's stability and smooth flight, and put it on a super responsive s107g. The only thing is it sometimes during turns/manouvers it looks like it's a video game lagging during the turn/manouver. That's because of the way the servos are made up, though.

I really think the s800g is the best candadate for speedmoding yet---the quick responce time (probably a third the time of the s107g) and 4th channel definatly makes it a lot better for somebody that wants a faster heli. Plus, you can take the whole tail off of it, and probably could do all kinds of other mods. (although I don't think a different frame is really an option with the way the gears are, unless you're able to make a frame that includes the gear guard into it somehow)

Widdog
Guests
September 3, 2012 - 3:06 pm

The transmitter has too many short coming. i.e. too small, ect…Would be really nice if the transmitter could be switched to either Mode 4 or Mode 2 by flipping a switch. Sadly does not have this option. Since it only has one Mode and that being Mode 4 I don’t fly mine much.

Widdog
Guests
September 1, 2012 - 9:07 am

I think I have to give it to Syma on this one. I’m so used to flying the Syma three channels that the S800G comes across as a much more natural upgrade than the F106. However my Quad is Mode 2 so I still will learn to fly the F106.  

Widdog
Guests
September 1, 2012 - 4:35 am

Image Enlarger

Don’t get me wrong I really like my Syma S800G. The only problem I have is it comes in transmitter Mode 4. I even called the Syma Tech Support… They said they have no intentions of changing to Mode 2. My solution was to buy the F Series F106 4 ch Mode 2. This Micro Heli also comes in a cost under less then $20.  I fly them equally so I can become proficient in both modes.  

Syma Freak
Admin
August 21, 2012 - 8:52 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Widdog said
Image Enlarger

I got my Syma S800G 4 ch unboxed and Charging up the battery. So far I am very impressed with it. It looks supper cool. I have to add a little bit right control to stop drifting. Definitely worth the money for this little Heli.

Neat photo,keep us posted on your flying as a bit different to the 107G,SF...

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Widdog
Guests
August 21, 2012 - 8:29 am

Image Enlarger

I got my Syma S800G 4 ch unboxed and Charging up the battery. So far I am very impressed with it. It looks supper cool. I have to add a little bit right control to stop drifting. Definitely worth the money for this little Heli.

Syma Freak
Admin
August 18, 2012 - 3:33 pm

Tipsymimi said
Save that engineer, problem solved! I disconnected the rod from the swash plate and gave it one full turn. Scary procedure with my clumsy hands because it looks all a bit fragile but it took under 1 minute and now The Thing is hovering on the spot. I'm 40 and if I had a toy like that 25 years ago I do be a pilot today!

Hey buddy older than you,I have hands like plates,not easy for small work,but hey you worked out the problem,welcome to the rc world..what I mean by that is a helis, planes, rc cars all break down,the repairing side can be very rewarding to this hobby-great post thanks for info and really happy you are in the air stable flying again--SF

Tipsymimi
Guests
August 18, 2012 - 2:18 pm

Save that engineer, problem solved! I disconnected the rod from the swash plate and gave it one full turn. Scary procedure with my clumsy hands because it looks all a bit fragile but it took under 1 minute and now The Thing is hovering on the spot. I'm 40 and if I had a toy like that 25 years ago I do be a pilot today!

Tipsymimi
Guests
August 18, 2012 - 2:06 pm

Hi, yes. But that doesn't help. The thing is drifting sideways and the trim is only for rotation. Just removed the cockpit and voila - there is a treat in the connector rod from the steering servo to the swash plate. If I unhook that rod and screw it in to shorten it a bit it should work. But for that I have to disassemble the servo, give the rod one turn, assemble it and try - again and again! Anyone knows the engineer of that thing?!? Shoot cotton buds with rubber rings at him 'till he screams for mercy!!!

Syma Freak
Admin
August 18, 2012 - 1:29 pm

Have you trimmed your heli on the remote top right hand side,rotate until pointing straight,let us know

Tipsymimi
Guests
August 18, 2012 - 1:20 pm

My new Syma S800G comes out of the box drifting slightly to the right, otherwise fully functional. How can I calibrate that thing so it will hover on the spot?

CPD
Guests
May 4, 2012 - 1:49 am

Actually, Troop-107 has a nice demo of the new blades with his 107C post! That simplifies it!

Syma Freak
Admin
May 3, 2012 - 11:10 am

No the balance bar seems the same-will take some photos of all blades supplied and post

CPD
Guests
May 3, 2012 - 1:09 am

I bought these s107 replacement blades that have angled edges like the ones you had pictures, and are a little shorter than the old s107 blades, but longer and wider than the millitary series helis. I haven't put them on my s107, but my 102 crashed something like 7 times after having a crashless flight with the old 107 blades on it. I'll try to get pics of them to you to show you what I mean.

They must've made new balance bars or something to balance the new blades.

Syma Freak
Admin
May 2, 2012 - 12:40 pm

Interesting CPD,the Syma S800G comes with spare blades that are black-is that the ones you mean?

CPD
Guests
May 1, 2012 - 11:49 pm

Something I just noticed is that the blades in the one photo look like the garbage replacement s107 blades that I got a little while back. I wonder if that's the new pattern to the blades and if they have a new balance bar or something to use with them. Haven't tried those on my s107, but they turned my s102 into a crashmobile.

Syma Freak
Admin
May 1, 2012 - 10:13 pm

Has taken me longer than expected-still have more to add into review-Have not posted on forum as getting a bit to long-you can find my complete review here http://syma107.com/syma-s800g-review/

I like it other than the remote-but take a look and give me your views to add on review if you have the S800G-

Take care guys-SF

S800g Review

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32