Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Anybody put S107g Blades on a S800g? (it can be done)
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 4, 2013 - 4:39 am

I have s107 blades on my older s800g, and it works great. There's a couple of things to watch for, though. At some point last year, they changed the shape of the s107 blades, and the new ones don't work at all on the older helis and military helis, since they're shorter and fatter, and the balance bar is designed for longer, thinner blades. The 800g uses military heli blades, and the new blades for the 107 work because of the way the balance bar is designed. Reminds me, before I fly my other s800g, I'll have to put 107 blades on to save on the 800g blades.

gtplus2
Guests
February 3, 2013 - 4:25 am

zedorda said
I tried it but the S800G was not flyable with the S107G blades. Was a disappointment because I was hoping for more with the increased surface area for lift but I guess the gyro can't handle the change.

Have you determined why the S800G cannot or does not have lift? Are both

sets of blades powering up equally... (upper and lower) at lift off? Sounds

to me like your rotor system is not powering up at the same speed in

opposite directions as a team or one unit. If that's the case, there are

several things that can cause that, and needs to be looked into deeper.

Check both your dog bones and that the pins opposite the dog bones are

sliding freely in there respective slots.

zedorda
Guests
February 3, 2013 - 3:53 am

I tried it but the S800G was not flyable with the S107G blades. Was a disappointment because I was hoping for more with the increased surface area for lift but I guess the gyro can't handle the change. 

EDIT: This happened the same way on both of my S800G and another 3 I have seen try it so maybe there is more than 1 gyro chip being used in the S800G.

Supernova
Guests
February 2, 2013 - 9:48 pm

The only swop I have done is to use the blades from my S111g on a 107g and it made it more responsive, always good to experiment and if it fits try it out.

chopper

elffy_34

Now there is a thought laugh

gtplus2
Guests
February 2, 2013 - 1:51 pm

I have both, an S800g and a S107g and some extra interchangeable parts including S107g blades.  I was suprised to see that the S800 factory blades are at least a 1/4"  shorter than the S107's!  For those of you that are wondering... did he or didn't he.......  Uh, yes. Did I fly it...yes!  I am pleased with how it has taken some quickness and harshness at the smaller controller.  It still kicks butt with more agressive stick movements. I have a smaller area to fly in and for now I'm taking a wait and see approch!  sco_hmmthink

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2