Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!A A A
Following ALL the wiring diagrams that I had to scrape off the web, I got it all wired, and soldered.
Dang thing will *NOT* pair with the transmitter/controller!
Absolutely do NOT get it!
Now I am going to unsolder the sorry piece of junk, and keep the stronger Motor Units to solder to the original Controller PCB.
Then I'll see what works. Meanwhile, I am definitely ticked off!
If I could tell you how many times building planes, messing with mods on helis that went wrong- then I learn't something, I walked away from it for a few days, then got inspiration in the brain and went back and completed what I desired...never give up or get frustrated, maybe the creator giving us a brain test?
"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com
I indeed have let it sit. I checked all wiring multiple times. When one finally comes to the realization that the component is all fouled up, you shift paths and recover the best way possible.
The issue was/is simple. It would NOT communicate with more than one remote control. It simply would not pair. Only thing really lost was time and effort.
Nothing is lost other than a few $$. The original controller board is going back in and the stronger Motor Units will be used.
She is either going to fly, or she is going to die. I've had similar things occur with Glow Fuel R/C aircraft. Usually it was a matter of antenna placement. Moved it to another path and it worked. These don't have that ability.
The control board has been thoroughly looked over for bad solder connections, both for mine and for the overall board. Nothing found even using a 12X Loupe. Additional effort will not change this issue.
So I simply move on.
I've simply put in a return request for this board.
It simply will not pair no matter what. Not going to waste time with garbage. It would have been nice had it worked. The "supplier" can't even answer questions! Couldn't even provide a diagram or picture of what was to be wired where. Response was, "I just sell them.". Great! I hope no one else spends their money on this!
I need to be flying, not trying to make some defective nonsense simply "pair" with either of the transmitters available. All it ever did was blink.
Ducts are just about done. Used 3/32 aircraft ply. I may use some balsa strips to narrow the gap between prop tips and the ducts.
Have to also solder the original board back into place. I take breaks and fly the other one when possible. Still fighting trim issues. Makes me want to go back to Glow Fuel R/C helos! At least the linkages are adjustable to get it trimmed! Have one still hanging.
Back to the work bench!
Most Users Ever Online: 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 2
Newest Members:samanthabaker1202, Projectdiy, ter, gzdenek, cyclib, ron hallam
Administrators: Syma Freak: 1459, Supernova: 771, JamDJ: 258