Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
The “Syma S026G Chinook”
Anything about Chinook’s
Widdog
Guests
September 2, 2012 - 3:35 am

Image Enlarger

I have always liked the idea of a Christmas themed kind of Heli. I know that pictured is a waste of money toy. Also the Santa Clause on this toy doesn’t ever look good. Anyway I may try making one with a Christmas them.

CPD
Guests
September 2, 2012 - 12:57 am

Well, the one used on the s029 is really bad, and breaks in about one flight, whether or not you crash. If you use decent plastic, a vaccu-form body would be good, but the cheap ones that they make are just one-and-done--crash once and you're done, needing a new body.

Widdog
Guests
September 1, 2012 - 10:56 am

Well CPD I think you’re on to something here. I really think the vacuum formed body has potential

CPD
Guests
September 1, 2012 - 9:17 am

Yeah, now that I think about it, I kinda want to try it again for myself... I know of a surplus/closeout store where I can get UH-1B/C models for $10, then a s029g is good for nothing as is, so I might give it another shot, this time using a larger heli for the guts, as long as its parts can handle the job... Heard a lot of bad things about them like the plastic bodies are basically just thin sheets of vacu-formed plastic and they have tendancies to have all kinds of problems associated with moving forward. (bad tail motors, easilly blown tail motors, tail motors that aren't even connected, etc.) Get past that, and it should be better with a good body on it.

Widdog
Guests
August 31, 2012 - 8:36 pm

Image Enlarger

CPD you are correct again. I also think the Skycrane would be too tough especially for my first attempt. I think for the first try I will go with a HH-3E Jolly Green Giant. Looks like plenty of room in this bird. Now all I have to do is find and ole beat up Heli on Ebay.

CPD
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 12:17 pm

Let us know the progress with it!

If I remember right, and especially for that, you're probably going to need a s102g and probably going to need some mega modifications to both the innerds and the model to make it work. I think if you put the board and battery up in the front, the corpous/motors where they should go, and put the IR reciever in the bottom of the nose somehow.

Would take some considerable cutting and soldering of wires to pull off right...

Widdog
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 9:43 am

Image Enlarger

Thanks CPD good information. I just “Won’ A Aurora 1972 1/72 CH 54 Shycrane on Ebay. I will conceder sticking some RC into it.  

CPD
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 12:26 am

Look around, from what I've read a few other places, it's not that hard to modify the right 1:72 plastic model to work with a s107 inside. If it wasn't for the fact that they were making a s119g and I loved the 107's I have so much, I would have done that with a huey. But, like I said, then they came out with a huey. (or at least said they're comming out with one, then they never did anything more with it that I know of)

The trouble with a skyhook is that there's the large open area right where the motos/board go. The innerds for a military heli with a broken body off of ebay could work, as long as you get the right one. (one with the s102g style corpus and whatnot in them, like my original huey plan called for)

*note to self~~the 107 doesn't have the lift to pick up a 1:48 heli as originally planned, and especially not the only 1:48 UH-1D out there... a die cast one!

Widdog
Guests
August 28, 2012 - 5:38 pm

CPD said 
What we need is somebody to make a set of bodies for syma military helicopters. Some aftermarket kit where you can turn a S107 into a military heli of your choice that isn't offered by Syma.

CPD, You are absolutely correct. I was thinking about building a Skycrane frame out of Balsa wood and putting the Syma components into it.  

CPD
Guests
August 28, 2012 - 10:37 am

There's a lot of helis that they need to make, but the thing is, if they make too many, then they won't sell enough of each. They have two different hueys listed, but they haven't made either of them yet. I think they're making all of the 800g's and s107c's and the other big sellers for christmas before they make any of the others.

What we need is somebody to make a set of bodies for syma military helicopters. Some aftermarket kit where you can turn a S107 into a military heli of your choice that isn't offered by Syma.

Widdog
Guests
August 28, 2012 - 5:24 am

Image EnlargerImage Enlarger

I wish Syma would make one of these CH 54 Skycranes into a RC Heli. Anyway this is a Maisto Diecast. I bought mine from Walmart but supposedly they are distributed all over the world.

Syma Freak
Admin
August 14, 2012 - 3:36 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That quad from Hobbking(Turnigy Integrated PCB Plug and Play Micro Quad)  is to me just ok,having now a few quads from the Blade MQX, to home built ones from frames I bought from Hobbyking to the Wiltoy ladybird the one from Hobbyking has a few problems being very weak on the motor frames and needs some extra carbon fibre to stop snapping off the motor holder, to many holes drilled into that area to fit all size motors..I have one and have great fun with it but prefer my Blade Mqx Not knocking it but feel if you are kicking into quads it is just average,hope you do not mind my view.. Syma helis are bloody great, there becomes the hobby that we try other models, like 4-6 channel helis, all a fantastic learning curve.

Regarding quads one goes to another learning curve of life. I have quads with the Naza DJI Board with F550 really expensive but brilliant but you are talking $500 or more for gps, my view is to start with say a Blade MQX get the feel and orientation concept of flying one. Then when I have crashed my quads I slip home and fly my Syma helis to gain my confidence again..just love them.

Great honest post Widdog, also appreciated your comment on you FB page about our Syma forum.Please let us know how you are going with the Hobbyking quad as I am close to getting live my site about mini quads,based a lot on a like this site,I buy all and review them, some reviews will not be good but to me that helps people make a good decision on buying. Talk soon..SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Widdog
Guests
August 13, 2012 - 10:26 pm

Image Enlarger

I have learned so much from this model that it is difficult to know where to start. First I will admit to a huge mistake. You see I mistook the bar on top of the rotors (Balance Bar) for the “Gyro” . I learned, after buying a $100 dollar Quad copter, that these models also have an electronic gyro. Don’t get me wrong I like the Quad copter. It’s just that with hind sight I think I would rather have invested my money into more Syma’s.

Image Enlarger

Widdog
Guests
August 13, 2012 - 9:23 pm

Image Enlarger

Ok I just learned how to add pictures to the forum.

This web site was key to my photo adding success. http://imageshack.us/

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5