Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Strange battery issue on my s107g. Need helpppp!
Tags: Syma X9
the purple bear
Guests
April 25, 2015 - 4:37 am

The Purple Bear, a Toy store in the USA repairs all Syma 107... It has been our experience that after the on-board battery dies, as a result of normal use [even if the "cooling period has been observed], a NEW battery will NOT fix the problem.. Our techs believe that the micro processor has been compensating for the battery as it gets weaker, and CANNOT adjust to a new battery.

PB

The following users say thank you to the purple bear for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Redfive
Guests
February 23, 2015 - 8:35 pm

Recommending smoking as an aid on a product for age 14 or above is inappropriate and unworthy of the site.

lew803
Guests
February 15, 2015 - 2:52 am

To all fliers with the problem of quick battery drain I have found that the cause of my problem was two areas.Me and the battery.

A new battery does not mean a good battery but before you throw away a battery look for bloating(sides of the battery puffed out).This may not look excessive but it doesn't take much.Also, I never use a USB charger off my PC.I like a charger plugged into 110 v or a USB charger that plugs into 110v.

A VOM meter is handy.I always charge to 4.2 or 4.3 volts.Don't leave the charger on if you think it has not been on long enough.Check the charge.When you try to fly and the flight time is perhaps a minute you know it's time for a new battery.It's as if the battery takes a surface charge and deplets(sp.)  rapidly on power drain.

I've ruined batteries by over heating,flying 'til completely run down,charging too soon after flight,over charging and other dumb stuff.It's all a learning process.i don't think I've ever had a 170 fly for 15 min.The bottom line,however, is that this copter flies and flies and flies.Hurt it and it can be put back in running order.Again,a learning process.Syma's champion for learning to fly.A cigar helps me.

The following users say thank you to lew803 for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Syma Freak
Admin
December 30, 2014 - 9:30 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just a question where did you guys buy your heli from? Reason being back in the past bought some from Ebay that were fakes not clones and had similar problems as mother board was not a Syma board, check here for fake signs http://syma107.com/fake-and-ge.....-symas107/

Also another link here with photos on fake Syma 107 heli  http://syma107.com/clones-and-.....syma-s107/

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

longhorn83
Guests
December 27, 2014 - 3:18 am

Hi Alex, 

You are right. I felt the same way. The blades don't spin as strong as when it was new. I did replace a 240mAh battery too. I guess, the motors might be over heat. Or there is a fault on the main board that prevents the juice from battery going to the motors. I just guess so, not sure. Btw, I ordered another syma s107g. I'm just wonder if we are able to fix this issue or not.

Thanks longhorn83

alexk
Guests
December 27, 2014 - 2:42 am

Hi guys. I'm new to the site. (great site btw) But I am having the same issues as Longhorn with my S107. I received the Heli as a gift a few Christmas' ago and I knew nothing of the cool down periods before and after charging and subsequently ruined the battery. There was then a period where I didn't use the machine for a while as I was out of the country.

When I returned I wanted to get it flying again, so I read up and discovered about battery care and such and ordered a replacement battery. I Installed the 240mAh battery the other day as I thought it would give me a bit more flying time. Once charged for 30-45 when the red USB light came back on to my dismay I have exactly the same problem as before.

I take off ok, but the machine doesn't feel like it has the same power as it did when it was new, then after about 20 seconds it almost cuts out and flys really low as if its running out of juice. I checked the volts on the battery and it was about 3.9 so I assume the battery is ok. Now the weird thing is I turn the machine off and on again and It takes off ok and the cycle starts again. So I am wondering if before with my over charging of the old battery have I somehow damaged the circuitry or something? Or could it even be a motor issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Alex

longhorn83
Guests
December 26, 2014 - 4:06 pm

Hi Symafreak,

Thank you for viewing my post.

No, there was no bad crash. My syma is only a week old out of the box. However, I remember there was one time, my nephew played with it while the battery on the low. It couldn't  lift off. It just hovered above the ground less than an inch. He might hit it too bad. I guess so. Other than that, there was no bad crash as I knew.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 26, 2014 - 2:18 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi longhorn83

Did you have any bad crashes before replacing battery? Seems there could be other problems, how old is the Syma heli, just to determine battery use.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

longhorn83
Guests
December 25, 2014 - 3:24 am

Yes, im a newbie. Just knew about the 15 mins rule after the heli acted weird. Then, I ordered and replaced the original battery with a new one. However, the problem is still persist. 

CPD
Guests
December 24, 2014 - 4:26 pm

Well, the first question before we continue is did you follow the 15 minute rule? Something that Syma really should include in the instructions and that most new guys don't know is that the heli needs 10-15 minutes to cool after flying before charging begins and 10-15 minutes after charging before flying to cool. If not, the battery will cook and "bloat" after the materials inside crystallize, and the battery will be toast in no time at all.

longhorn83
Guests
December 22, 2014 - 6:14 pm

I bought mine and had a lot of funs with it, then the problem came. It started acting wierd. After full charged, it would fly only 30-40 seconds, then lost altitude, kept hovering for a few seconds the shut off. The blades didn't even spin anymore. I turned it off then turned it back on after 10 mins. It would give me another 30-40 sec flying. Thing went like that until no more power. I did google and thought it would be a battery problem. I'm new to this hobbie. I didn't know the battery needed a good care. Therefore, I bought new battery to replace thr original one. But the issue is still the same. I wish I could get some ideals and helps from experts on this site. Help me out, please. I really love flying this toy.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2