Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107g problems lifting off
Tags: Syma X9
navav8tor
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 7:51 am

Thanks for the help.  I'll investigate the motor and continue to troubleshoot.

jbrumberg
Guests
March 14, 2013 - 1:31 am

A battery charged to 4.2V is still good.  I have replaced batteries as early as 300 minutes of flight time.  These motors fail fairly quickly as well.  I had to replace one motor at +300 (Motor B) and another at +450 minutes (Motor A) of flight.   The failure of lower rotor/Motor A (Black) is harder to detect during its death throes as the rotors continue to spin mostly because of the lower rotor blade interaction with the upper rotors blades.  When my heli's start to do the floor hover thing I first check the battery.  I then check the integrity of the drive shaft-rotor grips.  There should be no play in the shaft-grip connections.  I have large and shedding dogs; hair can really foul up those gears.  The gears should mesh.  Sometimes one of those little secondary drive gears drop down.  They need to be popped back up into position.  There are a lot of "How To" videos here that are very helpful for DIY repairs.  When I replace motors or batteries I leave a lot of the former part's wires intact to make reconnection easier.  It does contribute to a bird's nest of wires, but part replacement is much easier to accomplish.  I also recommend soldering those wire to wire connections.  A more secureconnection than just awire wrap and tape connection (Please do not look under the cowling on a couple of my S107's embarassed).

Good Luck.

navav8tor
Guests
March 14, 2013 - 12:10 am

Jeff,

Interesting I am have similar symptoms.  My helo won't takeoff it just spins at a lower RPM at ground level.  I am not as comfortable breaking it completely apart like you mentioned.  I initially had a bad bulging batt, bought a new one and soldered it in.  It is still doing the same thing.  What kind of connector did you solder?  I think I like that idea so you don't have to keep cutting a re-soldering? 

jeffr
Guests
February 22, 2013 - 10:24 am

Thank you for the reply.

I installed a plug on the battery wires so that I could swap out batteries easily.

The wires run under the heli and I used velcro to attach the battery to the underside.

I took the gear box completely apart and removed the two motors.

I tested the motors without a load and found out that the black one was bad.

I took the black motor apart to see what the problem was and found that one of the brushes had broke off.

I found another syma s107g on CraigsList that was broken for sale $10 and bought it.

I was able to fix the heli and off and flying we are again.

Our dogs hate it but they cant reach it.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 20, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Jeff,

How did you charge the new battery? when soldering plug on to heli wires,did you join them all,as they are very fine wires and doing my first battery transplant did not solder properly?

If old battery bloated yes sure sign to replace.

Check with your meter to see charge going to both motors.Are all gears meshing ok-sure CPD will have some ideas as well SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

jeffr
Guests
February 19, 2013 - 8:45 am

Here is my first question and as I am new please excuse me if this has been asked before.

I have read through the the topics that relate to this on this forum and I am a little confused or just unsure what it might be.

Saturday 2/16/2013 the helicopter flew great was buzzing the dogs and having a blast, did not crash it.

Saturday 2/16/2013 in the evening I put it on charge (at the time it was unmodified) and let it go.

That evening it was fully charged as the red light came on the USB charger, it was plugged into my laptop.

Sunday 2/17/2013 I got it out and turned it on and all it would do was to slide around/hover the floor.

So I put the battery back on charge thinking it drained while sitting.

It took a 10 minute charge and I tried it again, once again the same thing.

I then removed the battery from the heli and check it with the meter, it was showing 4.2v.

I then soldered a plug onto the heli wire and one on the battery so it could be easily removed.

I noticed the battery was slightly puffy so I figured it was on the way out.

On Monday 2/18/2013 I purchased a new battery, I went with a 3.7v 240mah so I could get a longer flight time.

Installed the battery with some Velcro on the underside of the Heli and charged it up.

I tried it, while it did do slightly better it still just hovers the ground.

I have check the blades and the rotor and the gear for any wear and all is tight and I am not getting any strange noises from the gear box.

Does this sound like a bad motor or something else?

I have one black motor and one white one.

Looking forward to hearing from you, any advice would be great at this point.

Thanks.

Jeff

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9