Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 Newbeeeee . . . Going Straight Forward is not so Straight Forward
gster
Members
February 24, 2012 - 10:35 am
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi, yes, I'm a newbeee . . . and here is my flight plight . . . out of the box, the 107 hovers like a dream . . . virtually no moving around, steady . . . simple.  However, when I push the control forward, it begins to tilt forward for a short time then veers off and begins to make a turn . . . I can't get the heli to go straight when I push the control straight forward.  Actually , backing up is the same deal . . . it goes backward all right, for a shot distance, then it begins to move in an arc. Does this sound like operator error or mechanical problems?

I checked the tail rotor assembly and it appears to be straight, undamaged, and turning on command, but . . . well, it simply does not go straight.

I am flying in a double garage with the door closed so no moving air effects.

Result being, I spend most of my flight time keeping the heli out of trouble rather than flying it in the direction(s) I want it to go which, by coincidence, will also keep it out of trouble but I con't seem to get there.

I'm thinking of buying another heli just to see if it is me or the machine.

Thanks . . . any help will be appreciated.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 24, 2012 - 4:35 pm
Forum Posts: 1459

Not saying this is the problem,however when you engage rear tail rotor forward you will get a nose dive a bit,this is when throttle control comes in-it really is a matter of using your controls on remote-when hovering does it turn one way or the other? then you need to trim on remote-keep us posted

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bobO
Ocala, Fl.
Members
February 25, 2012 - 1:54 pm
Forum Posts: 49

Well it could be your just not use to the control stick yet. These things are really quite sensitive. Just try a little imput in the opposite direction, just a little and see what happens. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

gster
Members
February 28, 2012 - 4:10 pm
Forum Posts: 2

OK, I think I have it . . . there was a missing connection buckle!  Replacing that improved the ability to go straight in the forward or reverse direction immensely!  Also, I found when replacing the missing buckle, that If I attach the buckle so that is site BEHIND the bulb on the connection posts I get the old washing machine effect.  Once the buckles move ON TO the bulb on the connection post, all is well. 

Thanks for your posts.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 84

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Old_Iron_Spine: 308

bvc: 250

Redfive: 221

Freeonthree: 214