Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New to helicopters
I wanted to introduce myself, per the forum request and pose a question as well.
Tags: Syma X9
Avatar
rogers hellman
New Member
Members
January 6, 2013 - 8:31 am
Member Since: January 6, 2013
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

 

I received this as a Christmas present, but it was one I asked for.  The numerous posts on this topic from Professor Glenn Reynolds intrigued me.  The fact that it would excite my grandson was what pushed me over.

 

Naturally, I've expected a learning curve in being able to fly the helicopter with skill.  However, I've noticed something pronounced and am wondering if this is normal.  I will have the helicopter in hover and will push the control so that it will move forward.  60% of the time, it will do so.  The other 40%, it just drops like a rock.  Is there something I need to know, or is this defective?

 

RH

Avatar
Syma Freak
Admin
January 7, 2013 - 10:03 am
Member Since: November 26, 2010
Forum Posts: 1459
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is the tail rotor turning ok? try holding heli and test if rear rotor turning ok-suspect maybe rear rotor spinning on shaft or loose wire on rear tail motor-was the heli flying ok out of the box,or did it start this problem after a crash?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Avatar
rogers hellman
New Member
Members
January 9, 2013 - 1:40 am
Member Since: January 6, 2013
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

 

Bingo:  The tail rotor is not working.  Doesn't spin at all.   Impossible to say if this happened after a crash or was in this state out-of-the-box.  With one's first attempt at flying, there seems to be too much going on to notice details.  I haven't flown it more than 10 minutes total, so it hasn't had many crashes and none seemed particularly harsh.

I've shifted the wiring around, hoping to "fix" a loose connection.  That didn't work.

 

 

 

Avatar
zedorda
Member
January 9, 2013 - 8:38 am
Member Since: December 6, 2012
Forum Posts: 93
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

In your ten minutes of flight time if you were ever able to go forward or backward in a controlled manner the tail rotor was working. All it does is allow for forward and backward drifting.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 84

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Old_Iron_Spine: 308

bvc: 250

Redfive: 221

Freeonthree: 214

MikeK: 172

drewdane: 155

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 1650

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 15

Topics: 1262

Posts: 8128

Newest Members:

samanthabaker1202, Projectdiy, ter, gzdenek, cyclib, ron hallam

Administrators: Syma Freak: 1459, Supernova: 771, JamDJ: 258