Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New SYMA S108G 3.5 CH Infrared Mini Radio Controlled Marine Cobra Helicopter Gyro by Syma
Tags: Syma X9
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 11:40 pm

Yes, I am sticking with the S107Gs for now because they're inexpensive! Laugh For example: I JUST purchased 1 S107G for $21.90 (all funds in USD) 2 107s for $43.80, a combo pack of 5 sets of main A & B Blades & 10 tail rotor blades for $11.99, a 12 pack of connect buckles for $9.98, 2 'quick wear parts pkgs.' including: 2 sets of A & B Blades, 2 tail rotor blades, 2 sets of 4 replacement gears, 2 complete replacement shafts A & B, w/ all hardware & screws, and 2 ballance bars for $13.98, 16 AA 2600 mAh NiMH Rechargable Batteries for $0.06 (plus $12.48 shipping on the 6 cent batteries, ALL other purchases were free shipping!), All found on eBay and I also purchased a 24 pack of AA NiMH rechargable batteries with 2 chargers on another site. So… that should give you some idea of what is out there to be found, if you search a bit! Laugh It didn't take me that long to find, and I've only been computer literate for approximately a year! Laugh The moral of the story is… I've had MANY more expensive hobbies in the past!  (my $2300.00 in Simmons electronic drums, new Sabian cymbals,  Simmons drum amp, and assorted misc. items, for example.) Cool Rock & Roll ain't cheap! Dig? Lol

syma rc helicopters
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 6:07 pm

Thanks for the positive info learning now and having lots of fun.

CPD
Guests
January 14, 2012 - 12:33 am

There's different .5 channels. The 031/032/033 and the large apaches have variable tail rotor speeds, so they're 3.5 ch.

I don't have a 108, so I don't know what they're considering the half on it, but it may be the ability to throttle foreward for different speeds. Might be the fact that it kinda turns to its side when it turns.

From everything I've seen here, a number of people have them, and I've not heard anything bad.

I do have the s102, and it's really good. All of these millitary series helis are a little slower, but not much at all. They have smaller blades than the 107, and if you put 107 blades on it, it'll be a lot slower. The correct blades cost a lot more, since they're not mass produced for replacement parts. I'd buy a 107 for a primary heli, because of the higher cost of parts, and it's more of a secondary helicopter in the way it acts. (not something you can go crazy with)

The basic thing with the millitary ones is that they are low-maintinance, but replacement parts cost a crapload, while the 107's are a better primary heli, and as such takes more of a pounding and needs more parts replaced, but replacement parts for them are a lot cheaper.

Anyway, hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Guests
January 13, 2012 - 3:05 pm

can anyone explain what exactly is the .5 or 1/2 channel? I've seen it explained by one manufacturer that it was simply the ability to turn on and off the LED lights. Thanks! Laugh

syma rc helicopters
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 12:36 pm

Just got this today and very excited. Anyone owns one?

pros and cons?????????? so that I would know what to expect Laugh

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5