Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Double Horse 9101 for Outdoors . . .
Tags: Syma X9
RCfan
Guests
April 24, 2012 - 9:33 pm

The double horse 9117 comes now,I will get one

msd58
Guests
February 29, 2012 - 2:33 am

Drivin_Dave said

Thought I posted an update, must have been a dream. Anyway . . .

I unpacked my newly arrived Double Horse 9101 and after an inspection, I installed 8 AA's in the Transceiver and connected the onboard battery to the heli's power connector.

I spooled up to almost lift-off power and after adjusting the rudder and control trims, I achieved a stable hover.

Out of the box, the 9101 tended to drift to the left and backward.

Can't wait to get it outside, maybe after our tornado watches die down around here . . .

The battery is on the provided balance charger.

I have a large heavy panel, about 5ft by 5ft, that I may try to fashion into a landing pad for my back yard, about an acre.

This could be fun!Laugh

There are a couple youtube videos showing by increasing the size of tail rotor it gives heli better forward movement

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 28, 2012 - 11:51 pm

I've had a little fun with my 9101 so far.

Re-routed the antenna wire from it's stock position in a plastic tube above the starboard runner, out under the tail, hoping for better reception.

Ordered an 808 keychain camera to mount under the copter.

The DH9101 has two "bluish white" "constant on" LED lights, one on the undercarriage and one under the tail rotor. Anyone know of a mod to add Nav Lights that I could do?

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 26, 2012 - 2:12 am

I went outside with the 9101 this morning as the weather was calm, and set up a quick cardboard LZ, then took to the sky.

At lift off the Double Horse 9101 went where I pointed it, I found the controls to be quite responsive, to the point of being "touchy".

She flies much like my S107G does in the house, which is what I hoped for, but when a slight breeze came up, the 9101 was pushed down range even as she fought valiantly to hold her place.

I can see why people are so quick to mod this bird, and others for that matter (it's Fun!), but most of the mods are to overcome the inherent "gyro" design that makes this style of heli so easy for those of us new pilots to fly them.

Mod on I say, but sooner or later you will want to get your hands on a 4 or 6 channel 2.4ghz copter for outside use.

I look forward to the calm days that I will be able to fly the 9101, but my beautiful S107G just finished charging.Laugh

Bye Guys!

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 25, 2012 - 9:43 am

Thought I posted an update, must have been a dream. Anyway . . .

I unpacked my newly arrived Double Horse 9101 and after an inspection, I installed 8 AA's in the Transceiver and connected the onboard battery to the heli's power connector.

I spooled up to almost lift-off power and after adjusting the rudder and control trims, I achieved a stable hover.

Out of the box, the 9101 tended to drift to the left and backward.

Can't wait to get it outside, maybe after our tornado watches die down around here . . .

The battery is on the provided balance charger.

I have a large heavy panel, about 5ft by 5ft, that I may try to fashion into a landing pad for my back yard, about an acre.

This could be fun!Laugh

msd58
Guests
February 25, 2012 - 12:17 am

I too was looking at the 9101 vs the S033G Can't wait to see how you new heli works put for you

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 24, 2012 - 8:59 am

Thanks CPD, I will post anything of interest.

I have seen reviews where weight is being added to the front due to slow forward motion, I will consider a battery mod for weight if that is the case. Saw a mod for the tail rotor using main blades from an S107 Surprised, parish the thought!

CPD
Guests
February 23, 2012 - 12:44 am

Let us know how it all goes-any problems and any good things. Just keep us in tune!

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 22, 2012 - 10:30 am

I just ordered a Double Horse 9101 off Amazon after much contemplation, and soul searching.

I absolutely love flying my S107G in the house. It's a blast! What a great chopper to start out with. I had a little foamy copter before, but it doesn't count! Smile

Considered the S033G, but I picked up the DH 9101 for $25 less than the S033G was selling for!

Looked like plentiful parts availability and the heli had many good customer reviews on Amazon.

I hope to step up to a 4 channel 2.4 ghz in the future, but think it best to cut my teeth with the 9101 for starters.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2