Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Yiboo and UJ toys???
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 7:09 am

Lol @ CPD Confused Now what were we talking about? Surprised Ahhhahahaha Laugh

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 3:36 am

I like any car, truck, or van, that's from the 60s, 70s, and sometimes the 80s.

CPD
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 12:29 am

How did we get onto an argument about how all cras suck???

Heck, how do we get this far off-topic soooooo often??????????????????

Lol.

67 Chevy K10. Best truck EVER. Indes-fricken-tructable!!!!!! (well, as long as you think a truck should be oily, greesey, banged up, with little paint left, can have its motor replaced and tranny replaced a few times, and the leaf springs should be beefed up to handle two full-grown steers...)

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 10:04 pm

Well give me a good old Checker Cab any day! Laugh Install a rotor... make it fly... & NOW we're talking!!! Cool

drewdane
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:42 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Fiat and suzuki don't sell their car designs to anyone, or their engines. Unlike Isuzu whose been holding on to the car making business by a thread and pulling everyone else with them.

Unless you count the Fiat cars and engines soon to be sold as Chryslers, or the Geo Metro and Tracker (which were rebranded Suzuki Swifts and Sidekicks, respectively.) You had it backward with Isuzu. They sold various models of rebranded vehicles with their name on them. They eventually pulled out of the US market, because it seemed that people who wanted a Generic Motors truck would rather buy one from a Chevy or GMC dealership. Who'da guessed?

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 1:09 pm

The only car brands that are alive and well and don't use foreign parts are Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen, and Audi. But the bottom line is, using foreign parts on a foreign car (like Japanese engine in a American car) is not good. The luv came from a Isuzu, the Chevy S10 came from an Isuzu hombre, and ford had a few isuzus they bought. Isuzu has to go lol. It's a total scam-anarchy. The only minor car brands I like is suzuki and if you consider this car brand as one, fiat. Fiat and suzuki don't sell their car designs to anyone, or their engines. Unlike Isuzu whose been holding on to the car making business by a thread and pulling everyone else with them.

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:43 am

Lol!

Where's my space-force surplus "Bird Of Prey"...

Gotta do a youtube review of that sucker!!!

(dang those klingons- why do they have to make those things hide like that??????)

Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:15 am

Lol I'm waiting for the 'MADE ON EARTH' label to start being stamped on everything! Laugh

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 8:04 am

I think it'd be the opposit- I think Japaneese motors are going into American Cars. The luv thing's the classic Geo concept of rebranding foriegn "small time" cars to an american big-brand to make them seem good. And it worked, until people realized treckers/trackers succcckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeddddddddddd!!!!!!!! And, people realised it was sooooo much cheaper to buy the original camries rather than buy the rebranded crap ones that were exactly the same.

That kinda is also a special case, though, with the Mazdas, because Japan only allows for under 50% of any of their companies to be owned by a foriegn company. (i.e. toshiba, who built my laptop this is written on, is 45% owned by GE)

Of course, you have the little detail of over 50%+ of any "American" car's major components are made in Mexico, and the electronics are made in China.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 7:57 am

Here is what syma says,

"Company

SYMA TOYS INDUSTIAL CO.,LTD located in Laimei Industrial park Chenghai District Shantou City Guangdong China,It is a large-scale enterprise with

our own designing,manufacturing and trading. Currently, we do have spacious standardized workshops,modern office and dormitories.And we do

have advanced equipment for scientific research, production,and testing.Design,mould center,assembling center,highly qualified technical and managing

team, solid technical force.,and it do helpus to set up a complete production management system.At present, all products under the brand

name of "SYMA"are sold well in the worldwide.The electric Co-axial Micro helicopter series which suit to the beginner,anyone can enjoy in the first time

flight.And our product have stable performance,it's easy to control, enjoy great popularity in the worldwide.Our company takes the theme of :

"TechnologicalInnovation & People First".we will continue to grow and strive to produce original, innovatively engineered top quality products to share with

our worldwide customers"

Yiboo is the manufacture, and is separated and not partnered from and with syma. Syma is just a manufacture like yiboo. UJ toys sells all sorts of RC's from different company's. That avatar helicopter isn't stupid, I've seen it fly on YouTube and those fans on the side allow it to have 4 channels. However, now syma has 4 channels, but that wasn't my point. That company with the avatar helicopter created the 4 channel micro helicopter before syma did. And their not even the first, look at nightflyyer from YouTube, he has a micro-four channel-helicopter with two rotor blades and a balance bar. His isn't a coaxial helicopter. It's just a regular advanced looking rc aviator helicopter without 6 channels. By the way, the six channels are up/down, slide left/right, turn left/right, reverse rotor movement so you can fly upside down, and I don't know about the other two...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 7:46 am

This is what UJ says about themselves,

"ABOUT US

UJToys.com offers High Performance RC Helicopters and Accessories, RC Sports Cars, RC Boats and Spare Parts. Our online support team is always available to assist with any technical support or customer service inquires.

UJ Trading Inc. is an import and wholesale company located in Houston, Texas specializing in the retailing of remote control helicopters, battery operated toys, flying toys, educational toys, promotional items, gadgets and seasonal gifts including rc cars radio controlled trucks, rc boats, radio control airplanes, rc helicopters, electric rc cars, electric rc trucks, mini rc cars, nitro boats, nitro rc cars, nitro rc trucks, electric rc airplanes, rc blimps, rc boat accessories, rc car accessories, rc car batteries, rc helicopter accessories, rc hobby accessories, rc electric boat, rc electric helicopter, rc flying saucers, rc gas airplanes, rc electric helicopters, rc submarines. With a dedicated team focused on finding the best quality products at the most affordable prices on the market, we pride ourselves as both a successful retail and wholesale concern offering our customers unparalleled service and support throughout the entire purchasing process.

If there's something that you particularly want but you don't see on the site please do contact us as we are always happy to consider special orders upon request and will always do our best to find any specific product you are looking for."

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 7:07 am

They're probably made by the same manufacture, and sold by different dealers. Or maybe yiboo is partly owned by syma so syma puts their designs in it and yiboo makes them better. An example is Mazda, during WWII they where going bankrupt, so ford bought about 35% of Mazda, after WWII, Mazda went bankrupt again, so then ford bought over 10% more of Mazda. So when WWII was over, ford owned 45% of Mazda. Now, ford makes mazdas based on Japanese design, and probably puts American made engines inside of them, which is why they're not the best. American engines are not supposed to go into foreign cars. The Chevy luv was an American made car, sold to us by Isuzu, and it had the Japanese engine in it, and it wasn't a good truck, cause it was an American body with a Japanese engine in it.

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 6:53 am

Ok, so looking on amazon, Yiboo has to be either clones or the same thing— they have the exact same helis, but more and better paint schemes.

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005SIIBUK

That's the yiboo version of the s030g, for example- same paint scheme and everything.

The  only thing they have, other than paint, that's different from Syma is the ones w. the stupid "Avatar" side blade sets on some of them. (and they seem to be more expensive)

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 6:47 am

So, now Syma has a link at the bottom of their page to this UJ toys, who has some Symas, but mostly this Yiboo. I found symas by looking through yiboos, but they look almost identical other than the paint schemes are much better. So, is Syma now a parent company, or a subsidiary of Yiboo, or is it UJ toys that's the parent?

I find it odd that they'd link to a site that only carries a select handfull of symas but an insane number of this other brand.

The labels of the blades are the same too!

(I've also noticed that all of the double-horse ones on amazon are labled as syma-double horse, and the logo on their site is a large S- are they a syma subsidiary too?)

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2