Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Various problems with my S107G (one problem fixed)
bilo
Guests
May 22, 2012 - 1:48 am

After replacing "Motor B" with an adapted "Motor A" the helicopter flyes well. By the way, the "electric protection" problem has not gone. I need to slowly accelerate rotors to take off, otherwise motors shut down. The difference is that now leds remain on and there's no need to turn off and back on the heli.

John suggests it could be a bad solder joint on the motherboard. I'll investigate as soon as possible.

bvc
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 2:37 am

bilo said It was like an electric protection system was engaged: no response to commands, leds all off, and I needed to switch off and back on. This behaviour could be sometime avoided starting rotors gently.But after a charge, all motors began to spin slowly and the helicopter could not take off.

This is what my old one is doing. I have not gotten to the bottom of it but I did find out that there is a protection system of some sort. If one motor is too weak it will cut back the other to help in a gentle crash instead of it spinning wildly out of control.

In my case I changed a motor I thought was bad. Then the behavior you describe started happening, so I changed the other motor. The battery is new and was working great. The next thing I was going to try was re-soldering the battery to make sure that wasn't the issue, then re-solder the motors. I will report the result.

bilo
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 1:57 am

I've had a very unlucky experience with Syma S107G. I bought two of them at a electronic stuff fair in my town.

After a few days the first one has gone. The motor moving the upper rotor (Motor B) began to spin slowly and eventually stopped completely. I opened the helicopter, checked for broken wires, jammed gears, but no luck.

But I had a second helicopter... After a few day it began to behave in a strange way: every now and then it seemed to loose contact with the controller for a fraction of second, sometimes with the helicopter rotating in one direction like one of the rotors stopped spinning for while and then resuming, sometimes with both rotors stopping and helicopter falling down. Most of the times I could resume the flight without a crash.

Eventually it began to do it when powered up: the helicopter shut down as soon as rotors started spinning. It was like an electric protection system was engaged: no response to commands, leds all off, and I needed to switch off and back on. This behaviour could be sometime avoided starting rotors gently.But after a charge, all motors began to spin slowly and the helicopter could not take off.

I tought it could be the battery, so I replaced it with the one from the broken helicopter.

Again, no luck. Motor A was OK, but Motor B began to spin slowly, like for the other helicopter, and eventually stopped.

I cut off Motor B wires and tested it against the battery: it was dead.

So I had two working motor A but no motor B. I took motor A from the first elicopter, moved very carefully the gear down along the shaft in the same position of Motor B, and mounted it connecting the blue wire of the motor to the white one from the PCB and the red to the black.

Well... IT WORKS.

I ordered a couple of replacement motors, hoping to revive also the other helicopter.

Any clue of what could be

P.S.

Motor B top is white, with black and white wires while motor A is black with blue and red wires.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2