Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Upper Blades not rotating
Just got Syma S111G in the mail and its not working
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
December 28, 2012 - 3:22 pm

Yeah, that sounds like your problem. They come with two little screws on each side, although I've seen some with just one on one side. Anyway, look on there, and there should be a little bulge with a hole in it that looks like it's where one of those screws go. If you're missing a screw, or both for that matter, best thing for a quick fix, considering how hard the 111 is to take apart, then find a spot where a screw doesn't affect the structure of it, take it out and put it in. Just make sure it lines up with the notch in the main shaft.

zedorda
Guests
December 28, 2012 - 2:54 pm

The notch in the main shaft should line up with two opposing screws that are supposed to be tighten down with one on the flat notch in the main shaft. So no the top rotor blade is not supposed to come off at all with out a screwdriver.

bigdaddy999
Guests
December 28, 2012 - 2:15 pm

I took the heli out of the box, charged it up, and read the instructions completely. The heli never got off the ground, and now the upper blades are not rotating. I read all through the other posts on this forum and I didnt see one that helped me. I saw multiple people post of about the little plastic pieces from top being sheared off. I can see those pieces on my heli and they are not broke. I dont want to have to take this thing apart or buy replacements parts. I am hoping that there is some very easy fix to why it is not flying and the upper blades are not working. I did notice that the upper blades come off the top of the main shaft very easily. Is it supposed to be that way? After taking off the upper blades from the shaft, I can see that there is a mini metal pole that also comes off the main shaft. then all that is left is the lower blades and that does not come off, it just spins around. When I spin the lower blades with the upper blades off I can feel that there are gears moving as I turn them. when I put the metal tube and upper blades back on and turn them, it doesnt feel like there is a gear moving with them. I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to feel or not. I also seee a little notch at the top of the main shaft where the upper blades would fit on. Is this notch supposed to lock into place with the upper blades? If so, I dont think mine is doing that. The upper blades are hitting the lower blades and the heli will not leave the ground. Also, when I hit the throttle on RC the heli is just moving around in a circle on the ground. I read in directions that you are supposed to turn the knob on the RC to fix this, but no matter how to turn that knob slow or fast or left or right or in the middle - it does not change or help anything. Is this a fake Syma? Do you think I should return it? This was a gift for my bf birthday and I am very disappointed. He is very excited about getting the RC Helicopter. If I should return it - maybe someone can give me advice on the best top notch heli to get instead? Reading reviews and trying to pick the best one through the internet is like reading greek to me lol. Thanks in advance for all the help!!!!

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2