Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Uncontrollable Roll Problem
Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 3:02 pm

I just noticed that my yellow one (oldest, from the 24th of January) has started hovering in a circular fashion (TBE ?)

Then tried the red one, and no TBE hover. I inspected both heli's very closely, and I can't see anything different between the two, and I checked all freeplay against all freeplay everywhere, and their the same.

Im going to loosen all the blade screws on yellow slightly and see if that fixes it. They don't seem to be, binding but it's worth a shot.  Both heli's have the same amout of freeplay in all the parts, really weird.

Red wanders a little, but not in a circular motion like yellow. Im going to figure this out soon, I promise  :>)

Yellow has been in maybe 20 crashes, and Red has only munched a few times.

Im thinkin mainshaft wobble, and may have to get my dial indicator out to figure this out.

Maybe it's time to get some good bearings from Bocabearing.com  Wink

Now, if it is shaft movement, is it bearing in housing slop, or shaft in bearing slop ?  Thats the question…

I see no other reason for that kind of hover problem. I proved that it's not air currents in the room by hovering red for 3 minutes straight, and no TBE.   

OK, I loosened the blade attachment srrews and just turned em in till I fet resistance, and stopped, we'll see...

Im pretty sure it's main ahaft slop. Yellow has maybe 50+ flights on it, and red only has maybe 20 ? 

Supernova
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 8:38 pm

Try to undo the top screws that hold the rotor in place they may be pinching somewhere, everything must move freely.

JetsetJoey
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 6:08 pm

My top rotor is tight & IS being held in place by the 2 pegs. Even though it felt very tight (which is not the case if the 2 pegs are broken) I STILL took it apart & yep, everything is intact...

Any other ideas anyone???

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 2:40 pm

Your problem is the two busted pegs. Those old the rotors on, and when those are busted, the rotors are hanging from the balance bar, and being spun around by the balance bar. You'll need to buy an entire main inner shaft. And replace JUST the tip. Don't try to replace the shaft.

God bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

bvc
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 5:59 am

Giving both my s107g and s111g slight throttle causes rotor head to wobble slightly. Does it stop wobbling when you increase throttle would be what you need to look at. My daughter s111g's shaft is bent and the wobble does not go away. It does on my s107g. This causes tbe- large circles to the right- only after forward movement though. What I find strange with your problem is left and right and intermittently.

JetsetJoey
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 5:46 am

Thanks for the feedback, folks... but 2 busted pegs/tits is NOT my problem Confused

To answer your question, OldIronSpine- the tail rotor is not running (as it goes up and down) UNLESS I command it to do so by moving the right knob forward or backward.

What's peculiar is that the thing will fly fine most of the time... BUT then all of a sudden it will just start rolling/banking off to one side & when it does, there is NO regaining control of it!!!

Again, what is noteworthy is that when I hold it in my hand at eye level & give it slight throttle, I can see the rotor head wobble slightly. Would a ever-so-slightly bent shaft cause the heli to suddenly & only intermittently roll/bank uncontrollably?

Syma Freak
Admin
January 22, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have you seen this video by Supernova might help

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 4:25 am

Oh, the Z axis is the diagonal dirrection. I gotcha. So it might be a bent shaft. Did you check the shaft?are the pegs that hold the rotor block on, are they still on? Those have to be attached, and if they aren't, that could cause it to go in the Z axis.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 4:20 am

Hey, sorry no one got back to you. I would have, however, I didn't see it. Anywho, is the tail rotor running when you make it go up and down, and kinda to one side or another? Does this mean that your helicopter is going diagonal? It might be a bent shaft. What did you crash into though? How? And how did it fall?

And I was curious, what is the Z axis? You described X being forward and backward or something like that, and Y turning left and turning right.

JetsetJoey
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:07 am

Hello everyone~

Just when I thought that I had these little bundles of fun all figurned out, I've finally encountered an impassé!

After a [seemingly] minor crash, my S107g started rolling sporadically. Just to clarify (because some users on this site confuse roll with yaw), rolling is when the aircraft rotates on its "Z" axis. In other words, the nose or tail are NOT tiltiing up or down on the X axis (which is pitch), nor is it turning left or right on its Y axis (which is yaw), but instead it is banking left & right sporadically & when it does, it crashes into the 1st object in its path!

I've checked all the things that I've been able to discern as possible causes, but no luck! The only thing I have observed is that the Rotor Shaft seems to wobble ever so slightly!

Things I HAVE checked that are FINE:

1. All gears 2. Rotor Blades 3. Turnbuckles 4. Head Assembly (including dogears?) 5. Prober Blade Rotation

If anyone has any ideas, it'd be much appreciated!

Ciao~ Joey

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5