Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Tools
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 5, 2013 - 1:43 am

I see what you did there.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/112

Albatross166
Guests
January 2, 2013 - 2:15 pm

Which shotgun is best for the Syma s107g ?

Also, I got some oil, but i cant find the dipstick on this thing!

After i magnetized my tools, the screws on the heli also got magnetized when i tightened them, and now the s107g only flies north......, How to fix?  If it cant be fixed, i guess i can donate it to a woodsman or boyscout?

:)

Syma Freak
Admin
November 30, 2012 - 6:22 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Guess I like buying my tools from Hobbyking ..worth a look here

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Supernova
Guests
November 27, 2012 - 3:57 am

Chief-T said
Yeah I reckon the magnet or static electricity would not cause a problem. I'm sure someone would have let us know if they messed up their board this way. It's always good to be cautious though. These things are so small. I have to laugh at myself for being in such a hurry to do a battery mod , that I used my gigantica Weller 75 watt soldering gun to solder the batteries on. Jeez! I almost un-soldered all the wires on the board. If I wouldn't have been skilled in the art of soldering, I probably would have caught somrthing on fire ;-0>

T

75 WATT !!! What? that is a blinking MIG WELDER!

Only jokin Wink

Chief-T
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 7:54 am

Yeah I reckon the magnet or static electricity would not cause a problem. I'm sure someone would have let us know if they messed up their board this way. It's always good to be cautious though. These things are so small. I have to laugh at myself for being in such a hurry to do a battery mod , that I used my gigantica Weller 75 watt soldering gun to solder the batteries on. Jeez! I almost un-soldered all the wires on the board. If I wouldn't have been skilled in the art of soldering, I probably would have caught somrthing on fire ;-0>

T

CPD
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 7:41 am

Chief-T said
I bought a nice mini screwdriver set from radio shack for $11.00.  They come in a nice plastic case, and there are all the screwdrivers you will need.

I also have a very small pair of needle nose pliers, side cutters, and my small swiss army knife. I keep a small extenable magnet which is very useful for keeping all the little screws together on the tip of the magnet, or for retreiving the screws.  I need a good soldering iron though. My soldering gun is to big for these helis.

I'm not sure about the comments of using a magnatized anything around our circuit boards. If there are any chips in the boards it may be a problem. As a computer tech I know magnets and static electricity are not good around mother boards. I just make sure I ground everything before I touch the board.

If the mini screw driver set is like what I think you mean, that's the best thing to have--got my dad a set when I was a little kid from the "Santa Sale" at Elementry school, and he still uses it, and mantains it's one of the best (at least mose useful) gifts he's gotten, second to his craftsman tool set from 30 years ago. I wonder if he ever got the soldering gun he was supposed to get... still need to solder on the replacement tail for the yellow "h107g." The circut boards on these helis aren't really true motherboards, they're just a few basic electrical components and a reciever. I wouldn't worry too much about having magnets near them, especially considering how you have two magnests spinning and making a fairly large magnetic feild just above it. (I.e. the two electric motors) Not like you have information, digital signals, and files moving around, just electricity being re-routed around the board.

Chief-T
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 5:31 am

I bought a nice mini screwdriver set from radio shack for $11.00.  They come in a nice plastic case, and there are all the screwdrivers you will need.

I also have a very small pair of needle nose pliers, side cutters, and my small swiss army knife. I keep a small extenable magnet which is very useful for keeping all the little screws together on the tip of the magnet, or for retreiving the screws.  I need a good soldering iron though. My soldering gun is to big for these helis.

I'm not sure about the comments of using a magnatized anything around our circuit boards. If there are any chips in the boards it may be a problem. As a computer tech I know magnets and static electricity are not good around mother boards. I just make sure I ground everything before I touch the board.

bvc
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 12:51 pm

Syma Freak said:

I recently put a post on soldering and tools /simple-soldering-tips/

Thanks for that. I haven't soldered in 20 years, so this should be lots of fun! Not. I'm more a welder. Used to be. Big stuff has always been my thing. Little things get on my nerves but these things are so much fun and besides, I have to be able to repair my daughters.

bvc
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 12:36 pm

Supernova said:

bvc said:

Appreciate all the replies. I don't know what my little screwdriver is made of but it doesn't want to magnetize.

Could be stainless steel ?

I don't know. I don't think it's aluminum though. It came in a $5 Foster Grant eye repair kit. Kinda nifty actually. It's 3 in 1, 2 screw drivers and 1 nut driver. It was just a quick buy until I get the correct tool for the job, you know?

Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:42 am

well I like to keep mine razor sharp, and most cheap blades I've found, won't hold an edge for any length of time, and I'm not into sharpening every few days! Lol There IS something to be said, for quality steel! Laugh NOT to say that a cheap knife doesn't have it's place, but just not what I want to carry and rely on, on a daily basis! Laugh

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:14 am

Yeah, that's why I only own 1 name-brand Victoriaknox knife, and it's only because it was the $20 model 10 years ago-that's my first knife. Can't really use it that much because it ended up in a haywagon for a year and got all scraped and bent. Not sure how, but it really got screwed up.

I like the cheap ones that are the equivalent to the larger ones that you can buy for $3-4.

Guests
January 19, 2012 - 9:01 am

P.S. Swiss Army knives aren't that cheap! Laugh mine was only a few dollars cheaper than my Buck!

Guests
January 19, 2012 - 8:57 am

Lol Funny you mention that CPD!!! Laugh I always have my Victorinox (original Swiss Army manufacturer) in my front pocket for rougher jobs that I don't want to use my Buck knife on! and they ALL dig on me for carrying so many knives! Lol And they call mine the "Buck belt", instead of the "Bat belt! Ahhhahaha I also always have my LED Mini MagLite on my belt, on nights when the band is playing out. Cool

Supernova
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 8:16 am

All these tools are good to work on the little Syma 107, but I prefer my little cross head screwdriver magnetic of corse.

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 7:49 am

When I'm camping, I have my "batman utility belt"

Knifepack,- multitool and swiss army knife- compass, and cellphone then there's the more hardcore version w. an additional hatchet or sierra saw, even more harcore with both, dress with knifepack and my first pocket knife in the nice leather case I made for leatherworking meritbadge. I also used to have a small whetestone, but the case broke, and a magnesium stick in my one knifepack where the mini junk flashlight is supposed to be, but I lost it in a race... (I also allways have the cellphone in its case on my hip, and I'm the chairman of the committee in my Order of the Arrow lodge that is responsable for keeping the ceremonies circle "well lit" and now have a holster for my BBQ lighter, although they just phased out the design of lighters I made it for...)

Personally, I hate buck knives, love the classic, cleap swiss army knife, use everything but the knife on cheap multitools, and stretch my leather belt like crazy. (the good thing is, the belts my family buys are from these two guys that travel around this part of the state selling ones that they make from real leather that they hand pick from the last operating tannery in PA.

Guests
January 19, 2012 - 7:22 am

Oh, I can relate CPD, I've keept my 'BuckTool' (much like a Letherman tool, but highest quality I've found) on my belt at all times for probably close to 15 years, right next to my Buck knife, and I'm constantly being asked to borrow it by the guys in my band & other bands, when we're playing out. Lol It gets annoying after awhile! Laugh

Supernova
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 4:59 am

bvc said:

Appreciate all the replies. I don't know what my little screwdriver is made of but it doesn't want to magnetize.

Could be stainless steel ?

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 4:19 am

aluminum.

PERFECT for using with elecrical equipment, perfectly wrong for this.

Oh, and for wrapping for wires, use electrical tape.

If you want to cut/strip wires, a $5 multi-tool is your friend. I forgot to list that because it's second nature for me to use one of mine. (lets see... the camping one, the one I lost camping, the secondary camping one, the one for my trains because it has a nice wire cuttter by is stupidly left-handed, the two mini pairs... LOL!)

bvc
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 3:29 am

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 1:29 am

But it's not really like your computer or stereo.

The helis are just a rudimentary motherboard, which is really only relays, and some elctric parts, which isn't affected by magnets.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5