Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
The other new Helis for 2013, and summary of the 2012 Helis.
Tags: Syma X9
Widdog
Guests
September 11, 2012 - 9:27 pm

bvc
Guests
September 11, 2012 - 12:29 pm

Widdog said
Image Enlarger

The FP 100 costs $28.95 plus another $20 Shipping and Handling. Looks like a pretty good kit. Also the reviews seem to say it is a good kit. Nice thing is it has a 2.4 ghz controller with adjustable trim.

That's a WLToys V911. You can get the RTF for $39.00 w/free shipping (china). Excellent. I have 4 flying, and 1 in the hanger (will use for parts).

As for the OP. I'm interested in the F1. Wonder what it's gonna cost......

CPD
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 10:09 pm

I think you mean the s103 or s106 or something like that...  they haven't had that in the lineup for a couple of years.

As for the f1, to my knowlege it's the first one Syma's put out. With Double Horse, amazon says they're syma, but they're a completly different company--Shan something  or other.

I think the idea that the quad will be a major hit is really optimistic. I mean, you have to remember that not everybody has $60 for that and even at that, most of your quad guys aren't going to go for a quad that is likely a mode4 just because it's a syma.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 10, 2012 - 2:57 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

CPD, Thanks for that great update! I happened to look at the Syma website this morning and discovered

there were quite a few changes in their product line. The 031- 033 series needed quite an update, hopefully

they will fly better outdoors. And the new Chinook 034, WOW!

I guess what I am really anxious for is the F1! Does anyone know if this is the first single rotor from Syma

other than their Double Horse products? Plus, it looks cool from the demo I've seen! I'm eagerly awaiting

reviews on this one! I haven't advanced up to outdoor flight yet, could this be the next step? I'm really

liking the new paint schemes and details of the whole Syma brand so far! 

The remote with the LCD screen seems kind of copy-cat. Ummm, excuse me, but I'm watching the heli

fly and not looking at the remote, I'm sure when we get into the 5 and 6 channel models, that might be

an attractive feature, but not for now. If the LCD display was backlighted.....OK, that would add to the

"cool" factor!

The UFO quad didn't do Syma any favors as far as I can tell. Their weren't many postings on SymaFreak's

blog. Also missing from the lineup was the open-framed tail rotor and bubble cockpit military copter from

the TV show MASH. I don't remember the model number. As far as the 030 goes, I bailed on it after

your advice. Too bad, because it looked like a neat model.

But on a positive note, The F1 looks like a winner, and the new paint-schemes are awesome! Hopefully

for Syma, this Christmas will be a good year for them, thus increasing popularity of our forum!

Widdog
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 5:24 pm

Image Enlarger

The FP 100 costs $28.95 plus another $20 Shipping and Handling. Looks like a pretty good kit. Also the reviews seem to say it is a good kit. Nice thing is it has a 2.4 ghz controller with adjustable trim.

I have a S800G and I will admit it is a very well built and quality Heli. I really wish that Syma had put a switch on the transmitter to change it between Mode 2 and Mode 4.  If they had I think it would be the perfect Heli. In Mode 4 only I have to give it a average.

CPD
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 11:57 am

That doesn't bother me, I don't have anything else to get used to besides the s107, so it's better to get used to the mode4.

When I graduate and get a job, and can afford a $200 t-rex 450 clone or whatever (ok, I'd go cheap and do it bare minimum, who knows if I'd put all the servos in it or not) then I can worry about going back and forth between the 800g and the mode 2. (or if I can manage to pick up the black ops II quad cheap from ebay after people figure out that they aren't what they're hyped up to be)

Widdog
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 10:32 am

Very interesting CPD. I put in a call to XHeli.com about the Syma S119G. Of course they are “Out Of Stock”.  They don’t know why but they are not going to be getting any more of them in stock.

Before you order a S800G be warned they come all Mode 4. Since I also have a Quad Copter (Mode 2) I don’t fly my S800G because it messes me up for my Quad. I looked into the X 1 Syma’s Quad. Looks like it is also Mode 4 or can be switched to Mode 1. However the remote seems to incorrectly say it can be changed to Mode 1 or Mode 2.

Anywho, I bought a Micro Heli from XHeli.com like $17( plus shipping and handling ) that comes in Mode 2. It’s called the F Series F 106 Fire Wolf.

Ok now here is why I like Mode 2 because I also have ordered a Hobby King Fixed Pitch 4 ch Micro FP 100.

CPD
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 9:02 am

Yeah, it's a darned shame they didn't make those. I don't know if they didn't feel like they were going to have enough buyers, the body didn't work out, or what. I really wanted one. I went out of my way before to make a RC huey, and while it didn't work out, I really want one for cheap. There's a different company that makes Bell 412 (civilian updated hueys) rc helis the same size as symas, but they're junk. They do sure sell a lot of them, though! I might have to buy one, let it break, then replace the parts with Syma parts.

Of course, speaking of which, I just now had my first major failure--the one wire on the tail motor of my yellow s107 pulled out of the motor housing. I'll try to see if I can get it to work if I shove it back in, but I have a feeling I need to buy a soldering iron and solder it when I'm home on a weekend. (of course my dad would probably yell because I was soldering stuff and he's said before about me not soldering stuff because aparantly I'd become some junkie or something when I was a little younger, and my mom would probably yell that I'd burn myself really badly)

**Edit: Just looked at it closer, and it broke just at the surface of the motor, and needs replaced. I have a bad feeling that this heli's retired. The worst thing is that I forgot to bring a broken pen or pencil with me when I came back up to school from the weekend, so my red speed107 is down because of a missing spring in the battery box of the remote. That just leaves the venerable (and very slow) s102g as my remaning working heli. I think now is the time to call in the re-inforcements and get a s800g.

Widdog
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 7:04 am

CPD great post. I am trying to figure out what happened to the S119G Huey. I would like to add one to my collection. I even called Syma’s costumer service. They told me the S119 was discontinued. They said the factory made the decision. However they also said the factory could decide to remake it again. I guess the mystery continues. I had seen reviews of the S119G on Xheli.com’s web page. It got 5 out of 5 possible stars. I will post more if I can find out anything else.    

CPD
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 12:45 am

Well, here we are again, with the new releases for Syma's helicopters. We already know about the X1 Quadrocopter, but there's a number more new helicopters.

First, there's the s31, s32 and s33. Not sure, but they look like updated versions of the s031, s032 and s033, just with the new remote and LCD screen. They also have this new 2.4G gyro, so maybe they fixed a lot of the issues that each had.

There's also the s34g, a new large chinook, with camo and marine grey paint schemes, the 2.4g gyro and the LCD Remote.

As for the remote, it doesn't look to be very usefull to me, but it looks like it displays signal strength, "Mode1" or "Mode2" (not sure what that could be, possably which channel it's on, since they're 3 channel helis and don't have a way to change the controller mode to my knowlege.) High Speed mode/Low Speed mode, and a couple of things that show directions or something that  I can't really identify.

The big thing that I want to find out more about is the F1--a single rotor heli in the same class as the s31/s32/s33/s34. They have a promo video on their site, and it looks to be a good heli for outdoors or in a large building. Of course, we won't know that until one of us buys one and flys it around. The remote looks a little different from the other new helis remotes, but who knows what all they'll change before they go out.

Of couse, last year, we had a lot of hyped up stuff that didn't deliver, and stuff that did. The big thing was the 800g 4 channel, but then you have flops like the s029g, which from the reviews I've read, was absolutly horrible. Then you have the s119g and s116g which have yet to be for sale anywhere that I can see, and the 301g that was pulled from their lineup. Now, that could mean that they pull something from the lineup, although if they went through the effort of promoting the X1 and F1, I don't think either of them will be pulled.

Anyway, what's you guys' thoughts?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5